Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BattlEye Instrumental in Booting Cheaters - PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

BattlEye Instrumental in Booting Over 150k Cheaters - PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - MMORPG.com

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds News - PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Creative Director Brendan Greene sent out a tweet late yesterday afternoon to let folks know that BattlEye is working as intended. Since the game's launch in March, over 150000 cheaters have been banned including over eight thousand in the 24-hours preceding the announcement.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on
[Deleted User]Phry

Comments

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Title says 150k and text says 15k.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Alomar said:
    Title says 150k and text says 15k.
    Looks like it's been corrected already.
    Alomar

• silddersildder Member UncommonPosts: 10
    150k out of 10 million copies sold feels pretty short at .15% of the population of the game. Only need to watch the leaderboards daily to see the gaps when someone decides to rage hack and hits top 10 just for fun before being banned. Not sure if the family share thing works to bypass the ban like most other games or if it's new copy purchase but what a pointless thing since those that want to cheat are just going to circumvent that ban one way or another.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    It's funny when streamers forget they're streaming and you can see the cheats they're using.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]Phry

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    I'll be honest I don't see at all what the draw is to a game like this is. It just looks stupid as hell.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Battleye Gained my trust and respect because unlike Game Guard & XingCode, their website provides full removal instructions should you choose to uninstall the game, and requires consent to install in the first place you can always decline this and not play the game.

Glad to see the cheaters gone.

[Deleted User]Phrylaxie
  • kevinbharriskevinbharris Member CommonPosts: 3
    edited October 2017
    I don't support the use of BattlEye. I also did get banned from the client. I still don't know where I violated the EULA agreement that BE had for the game that I was playing. I did try to send the studio and battleye emails about my global banning and they ignored it. Whenever I talked about this on steam; it seams like they always have an agent available to say "No! you cheated, our products perfect, yada, yada, yah. Enjoy your ban."

Okay; cool; fine then. Their going to leave it at that. What they do fail to understand is that many of the players that they permanently ban have not only paid for the game that they got banned over, but the hardware that runs the game also. They fail to understand the frustration that comes with that financial investment while they rudely ridicule players who tripped the software. Regardless if they really did or did not cheat. Not only does the ban affect them on the title that they got banned over; it affects them in many other games. Many of which they may not cheat on.

Their is no evidence that suggests that one person who cheats on a game will cheat on every game. Yet; this is the philosophy of BE's punishments. Their is also no-evidence that suggests that all of the cheats were intentional. So what is with the extreme of permanent banns. Along with that, their is no evidence that suggests that an uncorrectable margin of error does not exists. So why are we treating every client as such?

I cheat on Terratek; all the time. I don't head out to raid other players though. If I received a VAC ban then I will not contest that banning. I cheat on Terratek because I like to build; it's the most exciting part of that game. Building; and then being able to drive in a more realistic terrain instead of a sandbox and have AI to shoot. Consider those blocks lego's and the world my bedroom. I'd want an unlimited supply of lego's right? That's because it is fun. Cheating is legitely fun in Terratek. Probably the only game that succeeded in doing that. That is the sole reason why I cheated on Terratek. I cheated; not out of competitiveness but over the lack of competitive in a PvP game that really had more potential.

I never cheated on Ark: Survival Evolved. A game that BE did claim that I cheated on. I played PvE. The game was already fun. PvE was already pretty chill their too. Even if I did cheat on Ark: Survival Evolved then who's to say that I would cheat on Arma 3 if I had not had that opportunity yet?

That is where I think a lot of the philosophies behind BE are inevitably fallistic. They have no real argument to ban players across multiple titles for an offense in a single title. Their is no evidence that suggests that one person who cheats on a game will cheat on every game.

Their is also no-evidence that suggests that all of the cheats were intentional. Between all of the software that computers have the user has so much range within their usage that is to be considered rightful usage. Hacking is a small zone in all of that range. However, it is generally done with the things that people use frequently. Professional developers and advanced programmers use debuggers to isolate faults and packet sniffers to aid them in discovery or the creation of their own network protocols. Generally; this software get's profiled by anti-cheat engines as cheating software. Remember; cheating is only one of the uses. Their are many other uses. It does not have to link to the program for an anti-cheat to profile that application. Thus, not all cheats were intentional. This affects PvE casual play more than PvP competitive play. So why can they just not police-up the player that is playing PvE?

Personally that's harsh; and I wish that I can make it more personal than what they did. I'm not going to though. That is exactly what it feels like though to receive no-customer support from emails to either the studio, battleye, or bohemia. To receive no update on my tickets lifecycle: fe: "Ticket submitted, ticket opened, ticket closed, conclusion.". And then to be hammered in the steam community. Sadly; although I won't commence or do this. I believe they deserve a box of C4.

In my particular situation, that was one-thousand and five hundred dollars in upgrades. I also purchased the game and it's expansion pack. Not only did I purchase the game in the expansion pack for myself; but I purchased it for my wife and my daughter since steam makes us personally responsible for our own accounts. The game and expansion packs were purchased three different times.

This hardware upgrades include the GTX 1080; which the GTX 1080 is a graphics card that is more capable than any to help sell the game over Instagram, twitter, and other places that the screenshot is shared. I am able to take 4K pictures inside most games that I play. I spent more money to enjoy and share the artwork of the game, to help sell the game, and the level of support that I received did not even equate to the original investment. Not to mention; I played the game for 2,000 hours.

So honestly; I've got severe disdain for the product. I know that I can open up a new steam account and repurchase that game. I am likely not going to though. BattlEye is too extreme; too completive, and I believe that it was a mistake for Studio Wildcard to implement BattlEye across PvE servers in a survival / time-consuming game. So much of that game is strategy.

It's not how dare they implement that form of security on my computer, nor how that form of security profiled the things that I run for my own personal stuff (I'm not linking anything to Ark: Survival Evolved.) but rather how dare they profile the things that I run; condemn me for the things that I run; whenever realistically the things that I run are just as invaluable as a PUA (potentially unwanted application.) and if their was suspicion for it then it should have been thoughroally checked out.

So; they do to little work to debunk the bans that they sell as legitimate. They don't disclose the ban, They don't respond to appeals, we cannot appeal if their is no discussion, and they consider everything that their software concludes as final.

It's not for me. I still feel the disdain. I've never taken a game so personally. But; Bohemia Made It Personal. So I am going to share my experience wherever I can. They made it personal across steam too; you know... after they failed to respond to the support emails so they decided to publically braid me on my vents in public communities.

That's pretty dirty, that's more than anti-cheat. that is retaliation. We shouldn't accept that as Studios or Gamers either. It is just as evil as the original sin of cheating.

If your not man enough to take my appeals; but would rather rely on the prejudices of the steam community to support your decision when you respond to frustrated clients then that's foul. I feel violated. Especially since that is an audience that witnessed valves opening tagline for their anti-cheat application. "Beacause everybody dislikes playing with cheaters".

It's commercial cyberbullying is what it is, and it's endorsed by the valve community. It's financial rape too; I mean the hardware to enjoy the product purchased gets expensive. Their is no reason to make that product this competitive unless in tournaments. It does not belong in PvE. A place that players play to chill.

As I said, I hate BE. This is the first time that I have taken anything in gaming personal. I didn't even take the trolls that were cheating personal. I just drove on with my game. I'm not their to laugh or feel offended; and this anti-cheat solution made it where I would experience such, but not from the players. Instead, the gaming industry.
    Post edited by kevinbharris on
  • GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

Asian Gold Sellers and Cheaters are the Bane of Online gaming, go to Hell if you do either of these activites in Online gaming

go to Hell for being a cheater (In Online Gaming) , or selling Currency for Real life money

Least in lineage 2 we would spend Hour Upon hour Killing Chinese gold farmers , Ruining there Real life incomes , it was just Amazing watching them cry in a different language when we looted all there precious items after killing them when they would turn red on us, forcing them out of Real life money Muhahahahahha

cheaters on the other hand cannot be killed , so they are pretty much worse ^__^

thank you ! and have a Great Day !!!

edited October 2017

Rhoklaw said:

Lies as everyone knows, there are no cheaters in FPS games. I know there are pro gamers out there who are pretty much unstoppable, but the amount of cheating going on in today's games makes it next to impossible to determine a cheater from a legit player. A lot of gamer's came up with the "hackusation" remark in defense of this, but only cheaters will promote the idea that cheaters don't exist in games. If I'm not mistaken, there was at least one pro gamer caught cheating at a competitive event. I guess we'll chalk this up to saying people who cheat will also vehemently deny being a cheater.

I don't believe that cheaters will vehemently deny being a cheater, but I do believe that liars cheat too. I have seen cheaters forward and open about it. In fact; I openly tell people about the things I did on Terratek and teach my kids how to do that too. ( We don't competitively play games, we casually play games. It's relaxation. ). I have seen it done back. The thing is; their are so many liars that do cheat; that it makes all cheaters regardless of whether or not they are a liar; look bad. In addition; it also puts people who were innocent and got banned (legit false-flags) into a position where it is so hard to appeal out of their legit banning.

I didn't, would tell you if I did, and even would teach you how too if you were curious... cheat Ark: Survival Evolved. Well; I've had no luck getting that on the record. I played casual PvE too. Nothing about it was competitive. Yet; something I did triggered a global banning and their isn't a way out of the pool of liars that did cheat, cheaters that don't lie, and honest players caught in between while casually playing instead of competitively playing a video game.

Then; BE ignores those people who were honest casual players that did something to trigger a banning and they ignore their support ticket, dare not to respond even the slightest "Ticket Opened, Ticket Closed, Ticket Conclusion". While they do this, studio's provide similar qualities in their services with the entire "ignore the cheater" campaign. The player gets mad, takes it to the community forums of the game that they are playing; searching for help and ends up getting banned because moderators have no additional information on how to deal with this. So then the player ends up on steam and twitter completely irate. Finally; as it seems. BE has people on steam and the people that BE have on steam really braid the frustrated player around in the community over that players thread. It could have been avoided the entire time; had BE sent the email "Ticket Conclusion: You Cheated, You Will Not Be Unbanned" or if the studio provide much the same service. Instead though; the want, like they want to pull the cheaters out in the community discussions regardless if they really did cheat.

At this point; this service is retaliation not a solution and it cannot be morally justified and must be vindicated because their are honest victims who are being unprofessionally handled and they did receive their banns in non-competitive gameplay which implies that their usage touched scope of the same tools or utilities that hacktivist use but did not necessary use the same methods and may not have even touched the video game. I ended up closing my steam account (still in process) and boycotting all studios period because I will not let another studio exploit me in the same ways again. It's the same thing as cyber-bullying. Why did they wait till I got in a steam community to publically make any and all attempts to denounce my threads and publicize: "You cheated; Our Products Perfect; Enjoy Your Ban". People; working with BE did that while BE support ignores emails for over 60 days!?. All of that is to be avoided by providing proper customer service.

They don't even have evidence that an uncorrectable margin of error does not exist within their solution. I played PvE; have never taken a video game or a player personal, never felt disdain towards a product, and now that I do feel disdain for the product; I'm so close to organizing a medium where people get together and coordinate a class action lawsuit. I've already purchased the virtual private server to develop it on and installed laravel with around.kim for a basis of a social network that we can communicate on.

While they do this to people they do not even think about the amount of money that the player had spent in hardware to play the game that is being played at the best of quality which he could afford. My system costed one-thousand and five-hundred dollars. They do not even consider the amount of time that the player had played. Cheaters progress vertically; not gradually. They do not consider how frustrating this experience is. It's damn-near psychopathic. Especially for those who only casually play.

I am even offended so deeply; that every-studio has been boycotted from my family of 5 in regards to PC games and likely console games too. My GTX 1080 will not be doing any in-game photography. It's been assigned to mining online currencies. If the anti-cheat gold standard is to treat people like shit in public online-communities by ignoring their messages and then negatively responding to their threads in online-discussions then it's not a future I want part of. Another studio is not having the chance to exploit me again.

And as my steam profile closes; I am ignoring a platform for people to organize and collaborate class action against BE on a VPS with a Laravel Social Network. It's an org. Its going to be as legal as possible.
    PhryKyleran
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Rhoklaw said:

Lies as everyone knows, there are no cheaters in FPS games. I know there are pro gamers out there who are pretty much unstoppable, but the amount of cheating going on in today's games makes it next to impossible to determine a cheater from a legit player. A lot of gamer's came up with the "hackusation" remark in defense of this, but only cheaters will promote the idea that cheaters don't exist in games. If I'm not mistaken, there was at least one pro gamer caught cheating at a competitive event. I guess we'll chalk this up to saying people who cheat will also vehemently deny being a cheater.

I don't believe that cheaters will vehemently deny being a cheater, but I do believe that liars cheat too. I have seen cheaters forward and open about it. In fact; I openly tell people about the things I did on Terratek and teach my kids how to do that too. ( We don't competitively play games, we casually play games. It's relaxation. ). I have seen it done back. The thing is; their are so many liars that do cheat; that it makes all cheaters regardless of whether or not they are a liar; look bad. In addition; it also puts people who were innocent and got banned (legit false-flags) into a position where it is so hard to appeal out of their legit banning.

I didn't, would tell you if I did, and even would teach you how too if you were curious... cheat Ark: Survival Evolved. Well; I've had no luck getting that on the record. I played casual PvE too. Nothing about it was competitive. Yet; something I did triggered a global banning and their isn't a way out of the pool of liars that did cheat, cheaters that don't lie, and honest players caught in between while casually playing instead of competitively playing a video game.

Then; BE ignores those people who were honest casual players that did something to trigger a banning and they ignore their support ticket, dare not to respond even the slightest "Ticket Opened, Ticket Closed, Ticket Conclusion". While they do this, studio's provide similar qualities in their services with the entire "ignore the cheater" campaign. The player gets mad, takes it to the community forums of the game that they are playing; searching for help and ends up getting banned because moderators have no additional information on how to deal with this. So then the player ends up on steam and twitter completely irate. Finally; as it seems. BE has people on steam and the people that BE have on steam really braid the frustrated player around in the community over that players thread. It could have been avoided the entire time; had BE sent the email "Ticket Conclusion: You Cheated, You Will Not Be Unbanned" or if the studio provide much the same service. Instead though; the want, like they want to pull the cheaters out in the community discussions regardless if they really did cheat.

At this point; this service is retaliation not a solution and it cannot be morally justified and must be vindicated because their are honest victims who are being unprofessionally handled and they did receive their banns in non-competitive gameplay which implies that their usage touched scope of the same tools or utilities that hacktivist use but did not necessary use the same methods and may not have even touched the video game. I ended up closing my steam account (still in process) and boycotting all studios period because I will not let another studio exploit me in the same ways again. It's the same thing as cyber-bullying. Why did they wait till I got in a steam community to publically make any and all attempts to denounce my threads and publicize: "You cheated; Our Products Perfect; Enjoy Your Ban". People; working with BE did that while BE support ignores emails for over 60 days!?. All of that is to be avoided by providing proper customer service.

They don't even have evidence that an uncorrectable margin of error does not exist within their solution. I played PvE; have never taken a video game or a player personal, never felt disdain towards a product, and now that I do feel disdain for the product; I'm so close to organizing a medium where people get together and coordinate a class action lawsuit. I've already purchased the virtual private server to develop it on and installed laravel with around.kim for a basis of a social network that we can communicate on.

While they do this to people they do not even think about the amount of money that the player had spent in hardware to play the game that is being played at the best of quality which he could afford. My system costed one-thousand and five-hundred dollars. They do not even consider the amount of time that the player had played. Cheaters progress vertically; not gradually. They do not consider how frustrating this experience is. It's damn-near psychopathic. Especially for those who only casually play.

I am even offended so deeply; that every-studio has been boycotted from my family of 5 in regards to PC games and likely console games too. My GTX 1080 will not be doing any in-game photography. It's been assigned to mining online currencies. If the anti-cheat gold standard is to treat people like shit in public online-communities by ignoring their messages and then negatively responding to their threads in online-discussions then it's not a future I want part of. Another studio is not having the chance to exploit me again.

And as my steam profile closes; I am ignoring a platform for people to organize and collaborate class action against BE on a VPS with a Laravel Social Network. It's an org. Its going to be as legal as possible.
    Not all cheaters will deny they are doing so, but there are a few who go to some pretty extreme lengths to deny their guilt, they can even be very creative in their own defence about why they did not in fact cheat and it was someone elses fault or whatever. :/
    Kyleran
  • RosenborgRosenborg Member UncommonPosts: 162
    The thing is; their are so many liars that do cheat; that it makes all cheaters regardless of whether or not they are a liar; look bad.
    This truly is one of the most idiotic things I've ever read.
    KyleranTalonsin[Deleted User]Aeander
    edited October 2017

Rosenborg said:

The thing is; their are so many liars that do cheat; that it makes all cheaters regardless of whether or not they are a liar; look bad.

Eh; I don't care. Didn't take a lot of time to fabricate it. I have been working on an organization to proceed with class action over my experiences with anti-cheat. It's nowhere near where we wanted the gaming industry to go about a decade ago. I come back to the industry after military service and some adulating; man. it changed for the worst!

What I meant, is that between a pool of cheaters, falsely accused cheeters, cheeters that outright lie, and then people who use anti-cheat for in-game politics with other exploits... it's no wonder why BE's so traumatized. I won't stand for it though. We are in need of Better Business Ethics. I hope one day they become BBB accredited.

I also meant, that if you think cheeting is bad: the abuse of anti-cheat for in-game politics is far worse! It's a game exploitation to frame somebody else. Seen that too.

So, I am cooking up this (why their is mistakes in my posts): http://52.14.4.217/ and it's going to take a while before I am ready to give it a domain name. I need some graphics developers, I can get the social network itself intact and finished though.

Sorry I make you guys read a lot. I was really mad, like really frustrated about my experience and it's only been a down spiral.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

Rosenborg said:

Eh; I don't care. Didn't take a lot of time to fabricate it. I have been working on an organization to proceed with class action over my experiences with anti-cheat. It's nowhere near where we wanted the gaming industry to go about a decade ago. I come back to the industry after military service and some adulating; man. it changed for the worst!

What I meant, is that between a pool of cheaters, falsely accused cheeters, cheeters that outright lie, and then people who use anti-cheat for in-game politics with other exploits... it's no wonder why BE's so traumatized. I won't stand for it though. We are in need of Better Business Ethics. I hope one day they become BBB accredited.

I also meant, that if you think cheeting is bad: the abuse of anti-cheat for in-game politics is far worse! It's a game exploitation to frame somebody else. Seen that too.

So, I am cooking up this (why their is mistakes in my posts): http://52.14.4.217/ and it's going to take a while before I am ready to give it a domain name. I need some graphics developers, I can get the social network itself intact and finished though.

Sorry I make you guys read a lot. I was really mad, like really frustrated about my experience and it's only been a down spiral.
    So go make another account and or play another game and dont cheat?

Never had a single issue with bans .....because well, you know... I never cheat.
    RexKushman[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    Kyleran said:

Rosenborg said:

So go make another account and or play another game and dont cheat?

Never had a single issue with bans .....because well, you know... I never cheat.
    Back in the day, I had to quit playing Fear because I was banned from almost every server with a decent ping.  I never cheated.  Now I'm just an old fart and in the high graphic games, I can't tell the difference between a bush and a dude with an AR.

Some gamers are so quick to cry hacker because someone got the drop on them, it's pathetic.  There ARE cheaters in competitive online games, however there are nowhere near as many as the general populace would have us believe.