Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Access Begins on Steam - SMITE Tactics - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageEarly Access Begins on Steam - SMITE Tactics - MMORPG.com

SMITE Tactics News - Hand of the Gods: SMITE Tactics is looking to expand its open beta. As part of that initiative, Hi-Rez has released the turn-based strategy card game into Steam Early Access. Players can take part for free immediately. It's a great time too, as Hi-Rez just released a brand new patch that brings new features to the game including better combat logs, the Clan system, a deck tracker tool alongside the usual bug fixes and feature enhancements.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

DMKano said:

It's a tactics card game - decent at what it does but as far as deep tactics IMO it's lacking a bit

Again I am not going to speculate on "what it COULD be in a year" but rather talk about what is the current state of the game now:

25 card decks are far too small and the game starts to get that "been there done that" feeling fast

The cards feel very limited so decks to me feel limited as well - the deck building is a downside right now

The maps are just too simple - it's flat - no barriers of any sort to navigate - just empty space between opponents.

Fun for a short while and then it just gets old really quickly.

That's how EA is currently for me.

Did you play it when it was first made available or currently? cause they have improved it greatly recently and added many more cards.

DMKano said:

BruceYee said:

DMKano said:

It's a tactics card game - decent at what it does but as far as deep tactics IMO it's lacking a bit

Again I am not going to speculate on "what it COULD be in a year" but rather talk about what is the current state of the game now:

25 card decks are far too small and the game starts to get that "been there done that" feeling fast

The cards feel very limited so decks to me feel limited as well - the deck building is a downside right now

The maps are just too simple - it's flat - no barriers of any sort to navigate - just empty space between opponents.

Did you play it when it was first made available or currently? cause they have improved it greatly recently and added many more cards.

They expanded the deck beyond 25?

The card limit is still 25 but they have added two more pantheons since beta launch and are about to add 1-2 more.
    ISir-GreystoneI
  • ISir-GreystoneIISir-GreystoneI Member CommonPosts: 1
    Can't get my codes to work
    Phry
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    BruceYee said:

DMKano said:

BruceYee said:

DMKano said:

The card limit is still 25 but they have added two more pantheons since beta launch and are about to add 1-2 more.
    That sounds like a 'no they haven't kind of answer, 25 cards isn't very many regardless of how many you get to choose from, which despite that answer, doesn't sound like all that many either.
    Phry said:
    BruceYee said:

DMKano said:

BruceYee said:

DMKano said:

That sounds like a 'no they haven't kind of answer, 25 cards isn't very many regardless of how many you get to choose from, which despite that answer, doesn't sound like all that many either.
    Each pantheon only has between 25-39 cards so 25 cards per deck in this game is more than enough when you throw in a few neutral cards.