Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eurogamer - Big Interview With Chris Roberts

Comments

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    edited September 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    Maybe, just maybe they created a 'leavers' reddit thread so not to be subject to the SC SJW like fanaticism.
    You forget this stuff is highly driven by Goons. It's a mix of trolling with hateful people who can go on rants all day long and throw insults in all directions, something that would never fly in the main SC communities, making it a safe place for people who wish to do that.

Some people there are more emotionally attached to SC than the majority of its fans, it's just plain weird to watch...

In the DS sub, you also find this same unhealthy obsessive behavior.
    You literally know nothing about Goons do you? :)
    You constantly try to describe them and you always get it wrong.
    Keep trying though :D

/r/dereksmart is also an SC community filled with hateful people ;)
    MaxBacon

..Cake..

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    I don't know about other people but I happen to feel the right to express your opinion is an important thing, providing it doesn't enter the realms of hate speech or a call for violence.
    Just because people are expressing an opinion that we don't like or agree with does not mean they should not be allowed to do so.

So these people discussing things amongst themselves in their own subreddit is fine by me.
    They very much can, but the amount of aggressivity, trolling and spreading of fear monger that exists there is obviously not going to be allowed in the main communities surrounding SC, and reasonably so.

So this leads to echo-chambers, and perhaps that is better because, with extremes in the DS sub and extremes in the refunds sub, the main sub shows to have gotten more balanced out.
    Excession
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    sgel said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Maybe, just maybe they created a 'leavers' reddit thread so not to be subject to the SC SJW like fanaticism.
    You forget this stuff is highly driven by Goons. It's a mix of trolling with hateful people who can go on rants all day long and throw insults in all directions, something that would never fly in the main SC communities, making it a safe place for people who wish to do that.

Some people there are more emotionally attached to SC than the majority of its fans, it's just plain weird to watch...

In the DS sub, you also find this same unhealthy obsessive behavior.

See I find the goons very silly, they can be amusingly creative but they also seem quite childish a lot of the time.

The main guys in the /r/ds sub are just plain nasty, really abusive, vindictive people. They remind me of the aggression and mental instability that you see in places like /r/incels, /r/mgtow, /r/theredpill etc.
    ExcessionKefo
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Seemed to me like he was trying to pave the way for very buggy, features lacking release....6 months after 3.0 aka EA?

SQ42 still no release date...?
    MadFrenchie
    edited September 2017
    sgel said:
    You literally know nothing about Goons do you?
    Keep trying though

/r/dereksmart is also an SC community filled with hateful people
    I do know enough, they have one interesting operation running on, that relates to that sub, also to the raids that happen on the main sub constantly under shell accounts, and so forth. All roads lead to SA, well, many of them do.
    Excession
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

In fairness it's a good idea, it gives people the chance to look at 2 different viewpoints without having to be drawn into a flame thread, as has happened when someone has voiced displeasure over SC in the main reddit thread in the past.

Lets face it there are some crazy as fuck SC related reddit's, the one that dedicated to Derek Smart makes a sad commentary on the levels some individual's will lower themselves based on hate. Thats something you don't want in a more pure reddit that's discussing SC.
      >>>>
    the one that dedicated to Derek Smart makes a sad commentary on the levels some individual's will lower themselves based on hate.
    >>>>>

I am not a member of Reddit or that specific Reddit group, but last time i looked it was a collection of verbatim quotes from the The Smarty and fact checks by those reddit members showing that his claims are mostly fiction (often based on self citations). There are some hate remarks, but those usually are deleted by the moderators when they do a cleaning sweep.

They have a handy listing of D.S. claims and the corresponding results of the reality checks.

Have fun

MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:

I do know enough, they have one interesting operation running on, that relates to that sub, also to the raids that happen on the main sub constantly under shell accounts, and between other stuff.

What raids... rofl..
    So much paranoia.
    I bet you don't even have a SA account do you?
    Maybe invest in one, spend a few days reading posts and try to understand them.
    I bet you get to love them ;)
    Excession

..Cake..

sgel said:
    What raids... rofl..
    So much paranoia.
    I bet you get to love them 
    Get with the program already m8, there's quite more than just the meme wall threads xD
    Excession
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Goons are salty because they help fund CR game and then he gave them middle finger when they tried to control their forum and force their design ideas lol.

Thanks for the goon dollars SC increased scope and weaklings are refunding and lowering the power of their fleets opening the way for the domination of other orgs lol. All part of the masterplan.
    ExcessionTalonsin
    >>> Goons are salty >>>

Yes. Months of enjoyment to be had there ;-) 
    Almost as much as during the time their own leaders betrayed them in EVE.

One has to take into account that there are some Goons that literally live from the cash they make in real life through actions in online gaming and the associated metagaming & grey and black market. 

Which means they do not take it lightly when a game company gives them an Italian salute w.r.t. their plans of in-game world domination and money making schemes.

Have fun
    Vikingir
    I like how they keep helping promoting Star Citizen for free whille thinking they are attacking it lol. And they still wonder why funding keeps going and backers keep growing hihi
    ExcessionErillion
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Babuinix said:
    I like how they keep helping promoting Star Citizen for free whille thinking they are attacking it lol.

I assume that applies to those /r/ds twerps promoting Derek Smart as well then.
    Excession
  • VikingirVikingir Member UncommonPosts: 162
    edited September 2017
    It was just as the first Derek Smart attacks started against Roberts wife being made CEO.
    Sandi Gardiner was never made CEO. She's been head of Marketing from day one, later (in 2013) made VP of Marketing. She's still head of Marketing with that title though.

About the article - The main bulk of text is about Chris Roberts answering the criticism from gamers. There's very little new information there, he's said most of it before. People just don't listen, or won't listen.

One bit of info about the project surpriced me though, that he regarded 3.0 as akin to an Early Access. I agree with him that Early Access isn't well defined, regarding when in the development cycle it occurs, but I'd expected it to happen with Alpha 4.0, or soon after (Beta 1).
    Erillion
    Best regards,
    Viking
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Babuinix said:
    I like how they keep helping promoting Star Citizen for free whille thinking they are attacking it lol. And they still wonder why funding keeps going and backers keep growing hihi
    Most of it is neither attacking or promoting SC, just taking the piss out of all things SC when the situation arises, which is quite often.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

Babuinix said:
    I like how they keep helping promoting Star Citizen for free whille thinking they are attacking it lol.

I assume that applies to those /r/ds twerps promoting Derek Smart as well then.
    Documenting the ramblings of a mad man are essential to the end game. Not sure he and goons are enjoying that promotion though lol

Everyone is taking the piss of everybody.

Main thing is that Star Citizen development is ongoing and the rest is just losers wasting precious time that could be used with their families and loved ones.
    Excessionrpmcmurphy
    Excession said:
    Babuinix said:
    Most of it is neither attacking or promoting SC, just taking the piss out of all things SC when the situation arises, which is quite often.

Whatever it is, it clearly works well to promote sales by enhancing visibility.

Have fun

VikingirExcession
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Erillion said:
    Excession said:
    Babuinix said:

Have fun

Do you really think anything posted here makes a difference?

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    What raids... rofl..
    So much paranoia.
    I bet you get to love them 
    Get with the program already m8, there's quite more than just the meme wall threads xD
    That's the thing, you're too into the propaganda program you really don't know what's true anymore.
    Feel free to show evidence of those raids though... rofl :P
    Excession

..Cake..

Excession said:
    Erillion said:
    Excession said:
    Babuinix said:

Have fun

Do you really think anything posted here makes a difference?
    Everything makes a difference somewhere.

It is called the "Butterfly Effect".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect

Have fun

Gdemami
    edited September 2017
    Babuinix said:

I like how "taking the piss out of" means promoting for you.
    Pfft if  Goons help to make a game they can troll people in, then all the better.
    Maybe Croberts should publicly thank Goons for helping fund his dream movie.

..Cake..

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:
    731 members in this Reddit group. They call themselves "leavers".

Number of Star Citizens:  1,875,367

Number of paying backers was over half a million 1.5 years ago according to a CIG contractor, so today it is in my opinion anywhere between 500.000 and 1.000.000.

That suggests a percentage of refunds of around 0.1 % ish

Have fun

Did you seriously just try to estimate the number of refunds off a Reddit group?
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    731 members in this Reddit group. They call themselves "leavers".

Number of Star Citizens:  1,875,367

Number of paying backers was over half a million 1.5 years ago according to a CIG contractor, so today it is in my opinion anywhere between 500.000 and 1.000.000.

That suggests a percentage of refunds of around 0.1 % ish

Have fun

Did you seriously just try to estimate the number of refunds off a Reddit group?
    He's also estimating that the number might be as low as 500k from OVER half a million 1.5 years ago.

:D :D :D
    Excession

..Cake..

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    If they don't yet know where or what the release of the game should be or have by now then you should seriously be shaking your head right now and questioning upper management and if they have any clue at all or are just throwing crap at the wall and seeing what sticks
    For sure they have one idea but what I mean is, it's not imposing, it's not feature-locked, much less design-locked, the game is still at a stage where most of its features as content and professions are not in, so that would be their focus now before we'll hear of something like SC's Beta.

First you say you think they don't know what will be in the final release of the game now you say for sure they have one idea. Also are you channeling CR? Cause that was a very well played going slightly off topic to avoid talking about the main point.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Vikingir said:
    It was just as the first Derek Smart attacks started against Roberts wife being made CEO.
    Sandi Gardiner was never made CEO. She's been head of Marketing from day one, later (in 2013) made VP of Marketing. She's still head of Marketing with that title though.

Well that is strange, because the email I got was directly from her. Why would VP of marketing deal with refunds ?
    Gdemami

But CR already did that by giving them the middle finger lol

The thing is goons keep shielding those sad salty tears behind their hate campaign to try (and failing) derrail the game whille pretending to be just "taking the piss".

I guess that if wasting time fabricating online negative spins for the sake of being middle aged buthurted life failures having a hard time coping with rejection in the only place they could still consider safe, their precious virtual world is considered pisstaking then surely it will be a praised effort at their burial for example.

Excession