Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Access weekend 8 - RECAP

ElloaElloa Member UncommonPosts: 66
edited September 2017 in Saga of Lucimia

Greetings everyone!

Last weekend, while the gaming community were enjoying themselves in Pax West, we opened our server and showed off our latest build! So many changes were added to the game: interface, new masteries, new zones that included a dungeon and a raid boss!

We can say that most of our community were quite impressed with all the improvements and gave us useful feedback! It’s for this reason we organise these test weekends: so our community can see the progress of the game development, and help us test some of our functionality. Does it work? Is it fun? Do you like it?

It was heart-warming to see so many members of the community trying the game, grouping with other players and enjoying themselves! New players from all over the world joined us for the very first time this weekend. We had three streams running, and many more gamers had the occasion to discover the game we are building, ask questions, and have the devs directly answering them!

Each adventurer has a different tale from their weekend to share! Some died horribly in the dark, leaving a field of tombstone behind; some returned victorious with their bags filled with new armour and weapons.
[I][B]What was your adventure?[/B][/I]

Want to see more? You can check those funny CLIPS extracted from our streams

Groups Size

Spider Wipe?

Xera broke the server

You can also check our past Livestream on Youtube. @Renfail is answering a tons of questions to the viewers and players!

[Deleted User]Nicky_WRenfail

Comments

• RenfailRenfail Member EpicPosts: 1,638
    Rhoklaw said:
    I'm very impressed. When I first encountered SoL, I wasn't sure it was going to amount to much. However, I definitely love the affects from stats and the layout of characters depending on whether you're an adventurer or a scholar. I applaud you on your continued success in developing your game, but I just wanted to point out something. I noticed someone MISSED with their first aid and thought maybe it would be better to replace that action with FAILED instead.
    We're in our earliest iterations of those abilities, so things have a long way to be fine-tuned in terms of semantics like "missed" versus "failed", but you aren't wrong :) There's also a few typos in the Masteries journal for ability descriptions!

Thanks for your kind words. We hear something similar all the time in terms of people who can't believe we've made it this far, and we're happy to continue surpassing expecations. 

At present, we're riding the wave from our most recent build; we were just chosen as one of 10 finalists to present at the Intel Indie Game Dev showcase at the Austin Game Conference on the night of the 20th, which is a bonus for the 8 of our team members who are going. 

It's our first public showing, and it's an honor to have been chosen, given the fact that none of us had any game development background when we started this project, and have literally built things up while learning along the way. 

One step at a time!
    Nicky_WElloa[Deleted User]
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Wandering Hermits Patreon