Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Since there is pooping, lets add simulated itching

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
edited September 2017 in Star Citizen
In real life, imagine being in an astronaut suit. Suddenly...oh shit you got a nose itch and you are in space. What do you do? Its getting worse...the comfort levels vastly going down. You need to tighten that screw or it'll all fall apart but the nose itch is just getting worse and worse. Suddenly, unbearable you lift up the visor to lift and die in the vacuum of space.

That would be intense gameplay. They can simulate it by your character getting more and more agitated, and start shaking if you don't fix that itch. It'll be the most itch-tastic gameplay of any game! The most realistic itching simulation possible. Because in real life, getting an itch is one of the most unbearable things that can happen and there is even torture that uses itching as a technique.

Star Citizen could be the ultimate simulation experience. There is pooping...and then there could be itching. It make for intense gameplay when you are out in space or in a battle and suddenly get that itch that you just can't scratch!

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Kumapon

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    That would REALLY be Itchy the Killer.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    ConstantineMerus
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    The spacesuit designers are way ahead of you. In a helmet there is a strip of velcro like material for scratching an itching nose with head movements. Which happens quite often, as sweat in the face makes your nose itch easily. 

The real problem would be when the headphones come lose. Which is the reason why astronauts wear Snoopy Caps - they hold the headphones in place. 

And if your suit has a cooling water leak, you could drown in your helmet. As has almost happened on the ISS. 

Have fun
    About dying in vacuum - scratching an itching nose takes maybe 5 seconds.

opening/closing the helmet takes 5-10 seconds.

Survival in hard vacuum .., 1-2 minutes, although you are unconscious after maybe 20 seconds. Do not forget to exhale or your lungs may burst. 

So .., go ahead ... open your helmet, exhale, scratch your nose, close your helmet. Close call, but possible. A buddy nearby to close your helmet if you fall unconscious as a safety measure is recommended. Your manual dexterity in spacesuit gloves is good enough to tie shoelaces so scratching the nose will not be a problem. 

Have fun
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I went through basic training in the military.  When marching or standing in attention.  You might as well be wearing a spacesuit because you won't dare touch that itch on your nose.  If you do, well good luck lol.  See, I'm already ready for this scenario.
    Erillion[Deleted User]
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    In real life, imagine being in an astronaut suit. Suddenly...oh shit you got a nose itch and you are in space. What do you do? Its getting worse...the comfort levels vastly going down. You need to tighten that screw or it'll all fall apart but the nose itch is just getting worse and worse. Suddenly, unbearable you lift up the visor to lift and die in the vacuum of space.

That would be intense gameplay. They can simulate it by your character getting more and more agitated, and start shaking if you don't fix that itch. It'll be the most itch-tastic gameplay of any game! The most realistic itching simulation possible. Because in real life, getting an itch is one of the most unbearable things that can happen and there is even torture that uses itching as a technique.

Star Citizen could be the ultimate simulation experience. There is pooping...and then there could be itching. It make for intense gameplay when you are out in space or in a battle and suddenly get that itch that you just can't scratch!
    You do realize that one of the biggest "survival" games out there has had pooping in it for several years , right? It can be used offensively as a weapon or used to make fertilizer to help grow crops. It is actually very useful. 
    Erillion

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    That's why NASA put a small brush on the inside of the screen of their space suits.
    ErillionMrMelGibson
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    I went through basic training in the military.  When marching or standing in attention.  You might as well be wearing a spacesuit because you won't dare touch that itch on your nose.  If you do, well good luck lol.  See, I'm already ready for this scenario.
    Ah yes, scratching nose in formation. Your reward: "going sputnik". Which means running around the marching platoon like a satellite. Until the end of the march. If you fall down exhausted, your comrades have to "treat the wounded". Then carry "the wounded". Until the end of the march. The "wounded" is not allowed to get up, even after he has recovered. 

Very educational training exercise for everyone involved. ;-)

Have fun 

[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonConstantineMerus
    Torval said:
    We don't need fantasy scenarios to answer this question. Anyone who has worn facegear can tell you. On my submarine there were two kind of emergency breathing gear. One was short term self contained. The other was a mask with a quick disconnect hose. There were headers all over the ship and you held your breath between headers. Hard mode was finding those in the dark. :lol: 
    Fire fighters have similar training. With additional simulated noise, screaming, smoke and darkness. And a bottle of air on the back, axe in hand. Crawling around in a labyrinth that the operators can change and modify in real time to simulate a collapsing house. 

Have fun
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Let's add in STD's as well. need to make this game as realistic as possible you know
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Torval said:
    We don't need fantasy scenarios to answer this question. Anyone who has worn facegear can tell you. On my submarine there were two kind of emergency breathing gear. One was short term self contained. The other was a mask with a quick disconnect hose. There were headers all over the ship and you held your breath between headers. Hard mode was finding those in the dark. :lol: 
    Your submarine? Wow. I think we need to take our relationship to the next level. So... How ya doin'?
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • lancerxxlancerxx Member UncommonPosts: 63
    When saw the title of this thread. I was thinking of itching below the waistline wink wink nudge nuge :D
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    lancerxx said:
    When saw the title of this thread. I was thinking of itching below the waistline wink wink nudge nuge :D
    They'll need a special "expansion" for that feature... ;)
    lancerxxMrMelGibson
  • bwwianakievbwwianakiev Member UncommonPosts: 119
    In the future, one simply does not poop.
    lancerxx