Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Characters will need to poop in Star Citizen....

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    MaxBacon said:
    The crux if the issue lays with how it's almost impossible to find the balance between "this is tedious" and "I have to double click on an inventory icon once a day.  What's the point?"
    I think this is solved well with buffs and debuffs, pre-defined per thing, so you can have one hunger/shower/el'poop mechanic without feeling like one annoying chore you have to go through constantly, neither something so superficial it's just limiting gameplay factor.

Say to not make it imposing you just have a default neutral status that is then complemented with boons if you do indeed go through that task. Say if you go to a place and have a meal you have more stamina for your player character.

I think that makes up for a mechanic that is neutral by default but benefits the player if they go through it. That way when you stop for refueling, repairing, maintenance, etc... you can also take some steps to take care of your character itself.
    I think it works best providing buffs, agreed.  I don't think I like the debuff idea, as it will sit quite differently with gamers to feel they're being "punished" for not doing the mundane.

I also like @someforumguy's idea about having performance enhancing drugs or implants with possible negative side effects.  The complexity possible with this kind of system makes for interesting theory crafting and an added layer of depth to combat.
    MaxBacon

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    That's right, in the latest ATV they confirmed that having to go for a poop will be something your character needs to do, what bloody idiocy...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/confirmed-in-atv-pooping-mechanic-is-on-the-way

Long term diseases etc, sounds like Murray when he was prattling on about creating every molecule for a planet's atmosphere. Someone needs to tell these idiots to shut their mouth and just make the damn game instead of fantasising about all the possible things they could put in if they had 100 years to spend on development.
    "(Hey!  He saw it in some other game, so they had to  have it.   And you can spend your time on the can checking things out on your Mega Watch!

Does make me wonder.....is taking a dump instanced?

Really, sometimes things should just be abstracted out.")

I Heard the Toilets will be Instanced zones , But taking the dump is Open world Bowel movements

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    I wonder if they have mocapped people sitting on the dunny and squeezing one out? Will there be different types of poops? different sound effects? how far are they willing to take this nonsense?

It's going to be pretty annoying if you spend 10 minutes running to Miles Egghead only for him to tell you that you're farting too much and he has nothing to say until you've been for a poop...

Miles - Hey John! How's it going?
    John - Hey Miles, good good! Just had a shower and a fantastic poop, all for you!
    Miles - *starts twitching with subsumption overload* fuck you Chris Roberts...

I wonder if they will add stuff like pepto bismol to the cash shop.
    rpmcmurphyGrimula
    edited September 2017
    I Heard threw the Grape-Vine that the Toilets will be Instanced zones , But taking the dump is Open world Bowel movements

10 million more dollars Please , so we can implement all the Toilet graphics, fart noises , we might even include a smell o vision into our New "Chris Roberts incorporated" VR helmets if we reach our stretch goal of 15 Million
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Nothing about this game shocks me anymore.  CR is a damn nut
    rpmcmurphyGrimulaCalavry
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited September 2017
    rpmcmurphy said:
    how far are they willing to take this nonsense?
    You heard a mention of something that isn't even confirmed, much less any details exist on it yet and you got quite salty about it...

Take a cup of tea and chill, or if you do care that much about something currently theoretical then give feedback about it in the places it will be heard. O.o
    rpmcmurphyGrimulaExcessionCalavry
    I think it works best providing buffs, agreed.  I don't think I like the debuff idea, as it will sit quite differently with gamers to feel they're being "punished" for not doing the mundane.

I also like someforumguy's idea about having performance enhancing drugs or implants with possible negative side effects.  The complexity possible with this kind of system makes for interesting theory crafting and an added layer of depth to combat.
    I do think it is reasonable to have something where... Let's talk hunger.

By default it is neutral, if you eat you get extra stamina/endurance for say 6 hours, after that you're back to normal, if you do not eat for say over 10 hours of gameplay then a slow growth debuff would start kicking in with one effect like, reducing your stamina/endurance by a bit until you eat again.

Star Citizen world has drugs, and it's possible if we can consume then it would act like classic MMO potions/scrolls, but that would make it more complex than if you just had hunger.

This is not like oxygen & breathing and it doesn't stand any reason to be so, where if you run out of oxygen you simply die.
    GrimulaExcession

Will the toilets drain clockwise or Counter clockwise ??

guess it will all depend on how far away from the sun the planet you are stationed on will be

Asheramkikoodutroa8rertezlaserit
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I smell a sponsorship deal with Royal Flush Inc.
    GrimulaAsheramXarkolaseritsomeforumguy
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    MaxBacon said:
    rpmcmurphy said:
    You heard a mention of something that isn't even confirmed, much less any details exist on it yet and you got quite salty about it...

Take a cup of tea and chill, or if you do care that much about something currently theoretical then give feedback about it in the places it will be heard. O.o

You're reading my posts wrong matey. I'm being outlandish because the whole idea of it makes me laugh, not because it bothers me.
    ExcessionGrimulaKefoCalavry
    """You heard a mention of something that isn't even confirmed, much less any details exist on it yet and you got quite salty about it...

Take a cup of tea and chill, or if you do care that much about something currently theoretical then give feedback about it in the places it will be heard. O.o""""

don't post on a thread about Poooop if you cannot take jokes and see the Comedy in what This company has posted
    edited September 2017
    You're reading my posts wrong matey. I'm being outlandish because the whole idea of it makes me laugh, not because it bothers me.
    You should have laughed in 2012, this poopy business is older than my pledge xD

Though I think initially this wasn't to go beyond toilets that exist and can be used. And it still is, or isn't, who knows O_o
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    So if I'm on a ship with no toilet do I wear space diapers?
    ComeAtMeBro-Daily tech news Why Do Astronauts Wear
    Adult Diaper Wearing  Depends Diapers Site
    Asheram

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Just chiming in to say, I was following this game and considering playing it in the future upon release, but seeing this type of mechanic added turns me off to the game big time. This has got to be one of the stupidest features I have ever seen added to a game. 
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    MaxBacon said:
    rpmcmurphy said:

Can the fans take your advice and do the same? CR makes mention of something years ago and you all go apeshit on theorycrafting how this mechanic is going to change the game and orgs are springing up about it and how it will be the most fun feature ever!
  • RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206
    I don't give a sh!t.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    This means we can all now say star citizen is full of shit

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited September 2017
    I wonder how public restrooms will be handled, his, hers, unisex?

kikoodutroa8
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Asheram said:

I'd totally go into all the bathrooms and watch people. If anyone says I'm in the wrong bathroom, I'd just say don't discriminate.

Wouldn't be arrested for it either! Though probably wouldn't be arrested in real life either, I could just say I'm a woman in a mans body.
    Asheram

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Game won't be done until 2032, but at least you will be able to poop!
    FrodoFragins
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    So we're discussing poop now, literally. I always knew this would happen one day. 
    MadFrenchieXarko
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Asheram said:

CIG will jump on the bandwagon and make toilets gender neutral, will add another six months to a year dev time though.
    AsheramMaxBacon

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283
    edited September 2017
    WE haven't seen our resident bunny in sunglasses chime in on how awesome this should be

Also
    https://youtu.be/5OzEcY4Qg-Q?t=18s

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It is funny watching this Robert's guy continue to find REASONS to keep the money train going while never reaching an end conclusion.
    The premise should be to complete a game,if you want to add in other small ideas do it after the game is released as many ideas are not important to delaying a game and committing resources/time to.

I am not going to say that a developer if being real serious should not try and create the most plausible living world ideas as i am always the one crying for it, but at some point you have to be serious about FINISHING your game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    mrputts said:
    WE haven't seen our resident bunny in sunglasses chime in on how awesome this should be

Your resident bunny in sunglasses is busy preparing a Mars landing analogue research field expedition, thank you very much.

In "Ultima" the dirty diaper was the ultimate ;-) weapon - killed everything in one shot :-D

Have fun
    mrputtsXarko