Miss the AoC Panel? Not to Worry! Check It Out Here - Ashes of Creation Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 1,562
edited September 5 in Videos Discussion

imageMiss the AoC Panel? Not to Worry! Check It Out Here - Ashes of Creation Videos - MMORPG.com

If you missed the Ashes of Creation PAX West 2017 panel, "Making MMOs Great Again", you're in luck! Intrepid has the full hour-long presentation available as well as a trio of "recap" videos spotlighting the action on the floor. These will give you all that you may wish to know about last week's event.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GaladournGaladourn AthensMember UncommonPosts: 1,244
    for pre-alpha, this is one heck of a game build!
    Maurgrim
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 779
    Sweet, I like.
  • SignexSignex NetherlandsMember UncommonPosts: 126
    This looks stunning! certainly a game i would put my money into!

• Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAMember RarePosts: 3,297
    I've been at a disconnect with this game, never really read anything about it. Seeing the footage makes me super excited. It looks really good.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,156
    There was some great stuff in the full panel video. I haven't had time to watch the other three.

I love how each related their history and experience with joining Intrepid. Jeffery Bard related first mmo experience, what mmos are, and what they envision that meaning for Ashes.

There were a few good questions too. An attendee asked about the sustainability of the production pace. They feel good about the production pace because of how flexible the team is and that they are focused. Steven talks about this and the team comments. Good stuff.

Also discussed at length was the issue of Quick Time Events (QTEs) or timed skill events. There is a lot of combat and class information packed into that answer as well. Both Steven and Jeffery comment.
    ConstantineMerus
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member EpicPosts: 7,597
    I thought the flow of info would trickle after the Kickstarter. I'm very impressed with the rate they have taken. Alpha Zero by Dec 2017 when they only started making the game Feb 2016. I hope they can live up to the standards they have set. Talk about skin in the game.
    TorvalConstantineMerus

• DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Hope this is a decent actual mmo for a change, seems like it could be.
    Torval
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,156
    Nanfoodle said:
    I thought the flow of info would trickle after the Kickstarter. I'm very impressed with the rate they have taken. Alpha Zero by Dec 2017 when they only started making the game Feb 2016. I hope they can live up to the standards they have set. Talk about skin in the game.
    Have you had a chance to watch the combat discussion about the skill events? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts about that. Both Steven and Jeffery commented about primary and secondary skills, but also feedback, QTEs, etc.
  • RolanStormRolanStorm SochiMember UncommonPosts: 114
    AoC? Age of Conan? No? Ah, yeah...

:)