Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of The Witcher - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 1,679
edited September 4 in Videos Discussion

imageCelebrating the 10th Anniversary of The Witcher - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Videos - MMORPG.com

It's hard to believe that Geralt et al have been around for a decade. During this weekend's PAX West, CD Projekt Red paid an emotional tribute to Geralt and the series. It's a lovely nod to a great series.

Read the full story here


Comments

  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 23,079
    Very well done but why is he wearing armor at a party?

    (never mind I know, it's always seemed silly to me when they don't change out to proper clothes for various cutscenes, etc)
    TsiyaEiley



  • ViterzgirViterzgir Member UncommonPosts: 14
    LOL Geralt sounds like Batman in English :)
  • ErlijusErlijus Montreal, QCMember UncommonPosts: 95
    I can think of no other company being so generous with its fans... Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games ever made (story - not some manichean BS, but a real grey world from Middle Ages, graphics, music...), they gave us DLC that would make anyother developper release a new full game a full price, and now, they are thanking us for playing this game with a wonderful new CGI scene!

    So here is to all of us, CD PRojekt Red: to you, as a very generous developper/publisher, and to all of us who enjoyed your games!
    AlomarrodingoSpellshaper
  • DijonCyanideDijonCyanide EarthMember UncommonPosts: 420
    Very well done. That last scene deserves to be a wallpaper for all The Witcher fans to on their screens. Was it needed? No. However that just shows how CD Projekt Red values their fans throughout the years, will take that extra step, & this video illustrates that.
    AlomarMrMelGibsonrodingoSpellshaper
  • AvanahAvanah Member UncommonPosts: 1,295
    Loved it! Thank you so much for making this. Makes me want Witcher 4 so bad. <3 <3
    AlomarMrMelGibson

    "My Fantasy is having two men at once...

    One Cooking and One Cleaning!"



    "A good man can make you feel sexy,

    strong and able to take on the whole world...

    oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."


    Currently Playing: Divinity: Original Sin 2

  • GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnMember RarePosts: 4,236

    Sovrath said:

    Very well done but why is he wearing armor at a party?



    (never mind I know, it's always seemed silly to me when they don't change out to proper clothes for various cutscenes, etc)



    Because he's apparently like Worf. He doesn't really like parties and that shows on his choice of attire. ;)
    MrMelGibson
  • GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnMember RarePosts: 4,236
    Anyhow, it seems my October has just been planned out too. Yes, it'll be nice to play The Witcher series in one big gaming series. <3
    SovrathAlomarPhaedruslivesMrMelGibsonConstantineMerus
  • AlomarAlomar Middle EarthMember RarePosts: 907
    Wow, I've never seen such a touching and neat post-game official video like that, especially dedicated to thanking the fans/players. I love how they snuck in there a continuation of Geralt's story following Blood and Wine, boy do I wish this was only the start of the trilogy not the end. CD Projekt Red = best developer ever
    GreyhavenGorwerodingo
    Fortes Fortuna Iuvat

    18 year MMO veteran 
    Retired PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red

  • GreyhavenGreyhaven Los Angeles, CAMember UncommonPosts: 38
    Very cool...we will probably never see it, but I would love to have a MMO based in that world.
  • BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Long Beach, CAMember UncommonPosts: 213
    Every one of these celebration and anniversary mocks the aging of me.

    Jokes aside, it just felt like yesterday!

    image
  • IselinIselin Vancouver, BCMember LegendaryPosts: 10,195
    Classy studio with a fun video for fans... CDPR is the model of what a great studio should be.
    MrMelGibsonrodingoConstantineMerusSpellshaperGorwe
    You say you never compromise
    With the mystery tramp, but now you realize
    He's not selling any alibis
    As you stare into the vacuum of his eyes
    And say "Do you want to make a deal?"
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,267
    This makes me all the happier that CDPR is handling Cyberpunk 2077.
    MrMelGibsonConstantineMerus
  • skakrukskakruk derbyMember UncommonPosts: 23
    Can't wait to see Ciri in Cyberpunk 2077. :)
  • GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnMember RarePosts: 4,236
    Alomar said:
    Wow, I've never seen such a touching and neat post-game official video like that, especially dedicated to thanking the fans/players. I love how they snuck in there a continuation of Geralt's story following Blood and Wine, boy do I wish this was only the start of the trilogy not the end. CD Projekt Red = best developer ever
    I also like Obsidian and inXile and Neocore, but I agree. CPR has really been just that, one massive CPR for games. Thank you! Oh, before I forget: "All great things must end". And it's beautiful to see them end in such a dignified way.
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Tucson, AZMember UncommonPosts: 195
    That was actually really cool. And why is he wearing armor at a party, cause he is badass! That's why!
    MrMelGibson
  • GinazGinaz Calgary, ABMember RarePosts: 1,979
    Never really cared for the first two in the series but Witcher 3 was pretty good, minus the combat, which is by far the worst part of each game.

    Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

    Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

  • MensurMensur CopenhagenMember UncommonPosts: 483
    Great IP!
    Gorwe
  • GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnMember RarePosts: 4,236
    edited September 5

    Mensur said:

    Great IP!



    But kinda an reiteration of Elric, wouldn't you say? Just with Slavic elements added. Note: Geralt's even of the same hair color as Elric. Couldn't Sapkowski be more imaginative? Would it kill the character if the hair color was black or blonde?
    Post edited by Gorwe on
  • alivenaliven SzczytnoMember UncommonPosts: 282
    Gorwe said:

    Mensur said:

    Great IP!



    But kinda an reiteration of Elric, wouldn't you say? Just with Slavic elements added. Note: Geralt's even of the same hair color as Elric. Couldn't Sapkowski be more imaginative? Would it kill the character if the hair color was black or blonde?
    No, not really. 
  • aeunexcoreaeunexcore Member UncommonPosts: 28
    edited September 5
    Roach FTW!
    Post edited by aeunexcore on
  • GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnMember RarePosts: 4,236
    aliven said:
    Gorwe said:

    Mensur said:

    Great IP!



    But kinda an reiteration of Elric, wouldn't you say? Just with Slavic elements added. Note: Geralt's even of the same hair color as Elric. Couldn't Sapkowski be more imaginative? Would it kill the character if the hair color was black or blonde?
    No, not really. 

    Not really to what?

    Oh, I phrased my post horribly. Well...it happens!
    MrMelGibson
  • AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 2,641
    I dont know how I missed this april fools joke from CPR in 2016 but its pretty funny.

    image
Sign In or Register to comment.