Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta Impressions - TheHiveLeader - Destiny 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageBeta Impressions - TheHiveLeader - Destiny 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

Destiny 2 is coming to PC, and last week was the PC open beta. TheHiveLeader suits up, grabs a big gun, and slays some baddies! FOR THE PUPPIES!

Read the full story here

Comments

• FaunNoeFaunNoe Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Interesting
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Hrhrhr, dat Hiveleader! Always Fun 2 watch!
    BananaSoupgorro187
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    thumbs up!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I have not yet been sold on this game,it looks just ok to average.
    I am not a fan of so many bullet type weapons,matter of fact i only want to see ONE such type weapon,creativity ...where?

The maps don't look that good for 2017,and over all pvp design of the maps barely average but this is based on what i have seen so far.

I guess the game is trying to tell em something because when i go to watch more inside of Twitch i get bored real fast ,similar to trying to watch Overwatch.Not a fan of Quake Champions either,i might give UT another whirl but they tried to steer me away from that game as well by trying to be more like Quake instead of Unreal.

I think to be honest,i loved the speed of UT99,the weapon choices were great "shock rifle" to below average "razorjack" but overall a nice mix.I could use more of the same with a community of really good pro rated maps,i mean GOOD to great maps.

The entire fps scene started to go south for me,i saw faster killing,more spam than ever,and basically stand out in the open and keep running around while never really showing any tactics.

So far D2 is like a 6/10 at best,i don't see anything that cries out ...LET ME PLAY,that looks cool.
    MaliMirkovito11SomeHuman

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Why all the cursing by the "reviewer" ? it was an overwhelming turn off for me.
    AshikuroCalexmcrippinsvito11Nickhead420Xarko
  • BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Wizardry said:
    I have not yet been sold on this game,it looks just ok to average.
    I am not a fan of so many bullet type weapons,matter of fact i only want to see ONE such type weapon,creativity ...where?

The maps don't look that good for 2017,and over all pvp design of the maps barely average but this is based on what i have seen so far.

I guess the game is trying to tell em something because when i go to watch more inside of Twitch i get bored real fast ,similar to trying to watch Overwatch.Not a fan of Quake Champions either,i might give UT another whirl but they tried to steer me away from that game as well by trying to be more like Quake instead of Unreal.

I think to be honest,i loved the speed of UT99,the weapon choices were great "shock rifle" to below average "razorjack" but overall a nice mix.I could use more of the same with a community of really good pro rated maps,i mean GOOD to great maps.

The entire fps scene started to go south for me,i saw faster killing,more spam than ever,and basically stand out in the open and keep running around while never really showing any tactics.

So far D2 is like a 6/10 at best,i don't see anything that cries out ...LET ME PLAY,that looks cool.
    Well every post of yours is complaining. Doesn't matter what game it is about.
    DerpangedKanethCalexMouloxtos85NyghthowlerSpottyGekko
  • 03cobradude03cobradude Member UncommonPosts: 47
    edited September 2017
    Played original Destiny on PS4 with friends, which turned out to be a mindless bullet sponge Asian style grind for gear. Played PC beta in hopes that they changed it. Still boring mindless grinder of a game. If you enjoy Asian grinds for gear, than you will love this game. Otherwise stay away, far away. Also, currently in PC if you plug in a controller and wallah you get auto AIM assist for hilarious aimbot that's part of the game. Could that be a bug? Maybe, or a terrible oversite. Either way really broken.
    I would only pick this up as filler until October or November when the good games come out. O wait, never mind! As a PC player I am a second class citizen and have to wait almost 2 months after consoles release to play it. No thank you sir, my money will be spent elsewhere.
    DerpangedBananaSoupKanethvito11
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    i resounding "meh" here , i never played destiny 1 , but 2 isnt that interesting , the story looks "ok" , graphics are good , the gameplay is fun but thats it , it doesnt offer anything new or refreshing , or even interesting :/
    BananaSoupvito11Nickhead420SomeHumanCoolit
  • BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    Nice preview :)

I'm not really into online shooters (usually you find me at the bottom of the score sheet), but I hope the games a success for the people that like them.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I enjoyed the beta. Hate running out of ammo and hope they correct this. The Division, did the run out of ammo thing which the player base did not like so they changed it. Also hope the rest of the story was as good as beta story.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

Why all the cursing by the "reviewer" ? it was an overwhelming turn off for me.

I didn't hear any cursing. Just a lot of strange beeping noises.
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    edited September 2017
    First time playing Destiny 2(have not played the first). Runs very smooth on PC even at 4K. I did have a chance to play 3v3, man did I get wrecked. Does character progress make a big difference in pvp?
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I had 2 problems with Destiny. Biggest one was that it wasn't released on PC. I think Bungie messed up big time with that one. It probably would've outsold Skyrim in the first week lol.
    Second was that the game ended up being a CoD Skin by the end of it. By that I mean, it became a PvPfest. I really don't like PvP in either CoD or Destiny. Let's give everyone an automatic rifle and then you die in 1-2 shots...yay fun?
    I'm probably in the minority here, but I loved the PvE in Destiny. The problem was that any of the later things had to be done with friends and you couldn't do "matchmaking" on some for some odd reason. The problem with that is nobody ever seemed to want to run Taken King or the end game stuff with me after they all got geared out. I really liked the strikes, but it seems like almost everyone else just did strikes to get gear then it was off to PvP for until Destiny 2 comes out. Which pretty much ruined the game for me since I couldn't do a strike to save my life, because all anyone wanted to do was PvP.
  • HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    i had high hopes. ive installed it and play it for a while. I cant and i wont buy it. Heck even if i get it for free i wont give my free time for this game. It has no feeling.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    I agree with Gravarg - I had a lot of fun with PvE D1. The lack of matchmaking killed it near to endgame though - I don't have a huge friends list to pull from and didn't feel like wading through forums.

The gameplay and mechanics wee fun - the game overall just needed to fix the social aspects and it would have been a respectable MMO experience. I felt I got my money's worth out of the solo single player story line, but the game had potential to be a whole lot more than that, and from what I hear had a good bit of endgame, but I never saw any of it.

How D2 will approach that remains to be seen.
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    I don't know why I should play this over Warframe, esp. with WF getting an open world type expansion soon. I'm hoping any future betas make Destiny seem less mediocre as I was not very impressed with what I played.
    SomeHuman

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324

Ginaz said:

I don't know why I should play this over Warframe, esp. with WF getting an open world type expansion soon. I'm hoping any future betas make Destiny seem less mediocre as I was not very impressed with what I played.

I thought the same until i seen a vid of one of the open world type zones and the game is meant to have 4 (im sure more with the expansions) and seem big enough to need mounts to get around, plus you can combat on them with seems good.

I didn't play D1 or known very little about, but the PC beta for D2 seems much less of a representation of the actual full game, the more i watch vids finding out info on it. I guess being PC players we'll know exactly what the game is by the time it launches for us and not have to take any risks going in blind.
    MrMelGibson
  • Nickhead420Nickhead420 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Looked and ran well enough, but game play IMO felt bland and generic.
    SomeHuman
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited September 2017
    What destiny got wrong was the loot.. it's too simple. Logically tiered. They should have expanded it in the sequel so it's more like a Borderlands system. Mostly random, lots of it and feels like you're always getting new toys until you're in the top 1%.. then and only then do you focus on tiered set piece exotics. That's what it should be like; loot carnage while you gear up then tiered progression for absolute endgame.
    SomeHuman
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    I played through the beta. The SP story felt really casual (too easy). Of course they had our toons maxed out with gear and experience (as I understand the game), so I think that was a mistake. I'd like to see the challenge of the game. There was none. The PVP maps, strategy/tactics, modes were boring. There are even free-to-play options out there that put D2's in the shadows. With all the MOBA, FPS and otherwise, I think games need to up the ante with their offerings on their PVP/multiplayer. The co-op also felt really casual, but it was fun to interact with others. I wonder if playing as an entry-level character would have a better feel. Overall, the pure lack of difficulty killed it for me. It may be worth picking-up for the SP storyline and cinematics. If they do another beta weekend or something, I'd like them to give us the option to play as a new hero vs. an experienced hero.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    I think the comment "not enough" just about sums it up for me. There just wasn't enough to convince me this was worth spending money on. Maybe after it's been out for a month and we can see how long the story plays for, then maybe I could decide.

Gonna have to be a "wait and see" for me.
    Nickhead420
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Warlyx said:

i resounding "meh" here , i never played destiny 1 , but 2 isnt that interesting , the story looks "ok" , graphics are good , the gameplay is fun but thats it , it doesnt offer anything new or refreshing , or even interesting :/

I was excited to try the open beta and had every intention of buying it if it was interesting but I felt it was pretty meh also.
  • BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    First time playing Destiny 2(have not played the first). Runs very smooth on PC even at 4K. I did have a chance to play 3v3, man did I get wrecked. Does character progress make a big difference in pvp?
    Pvp was scaled in the original Destiny so you could join at any lvl and still compete. I mean normal pvp. There were Trials of Osiris (3v3 arena style pvp) where item level did matter, though. ToO rewarded the best pvp gear and weapons and it occured only on weekends.
    MrMelGibson
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    What destiny got wrong was the loot.. it's too simple. Logically tiered. They should have expanded it in the sequel so it's more like a Borderlands system. Mostly random, lots of it and feels like you're always getting new toys until you're in the top 1%.. then and only then do you focus on tiered set piece exotics. That's what it should be like; loot carnage while you gear up then tiered progression for absolute endgame.
    Personal preferences are funny things. I think the Borderlands games are trash but really enjoyed Destiny 1, except having to play it on a console controller of course. I'm not looking for every mob to be a loot pinata, that gets old pretty quick.
    BananaSoupMrMelGibson

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I think the comment "not enough" just about sums it up for me. There just wasn't enough to convince me this was worth spending money on. Maybe after it's been out for a month and we can see how long the story plays for, then maybe I could decide.

Gonna have to be a "wait and see" for me.
    If you are planning on picking this up on PC like myself.  Then you'll have 6 weeks of information on the game from the console launch on Sept. 6th.  You should have a pretty good idea of what the game offers by Oct 24th.
    [Deleted User]