Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Live Streams From Early Access #8 Alpha Weekend

RenfailRenfail Member EpicPosts: 1,638

Hey folks! It's time to start updating the list with the latest streams from this weekend's Early Access alpha test. We're pulling straight from their Twitch channels presently, so don't forget to follow them while you are at it! 

First up, our very own @Elloa, joined by myself for a multi-hour session during which we answer a few dozen questions along with adventuring (and watch someone crash the entire zone by fireballing an town NPC; we'll have to fix that one!!). 

Part 1, a short break to restart the stream, followed by Part 2

Then, @Jangular was back for another take, around a year since his last live-stream. View his take on things here

And then we have our own @Eldaran, live streaming from his new Twitch channel here. He was playing the Dauntless beta for the first bit, so skip forward to about the 17 minute mark for the start of his Saga stream. I join the group around the 1 hour mark, and then we proceed to answer questions and group up for awhile from there while out adventuring. 

We'll add to this list as this weekend's test continues tomorrow and Monday as well!
Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Wandering Hermits Patreon
Mikeha[Deleted User]

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    Have you thought about adding Friendly Fire?

I know it would be a griefer's paradise... but I also think it would take combat to another level since it's all group based.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• RenfailRenfail Member EpicPosts: 1,638

I know it would be a griefer's paradise... but I also think it would take combat to another level since it's all group based.

We thought about it in the very beginning when we were brainstorming combat and ways to up the challenge factor, but at the end of the day we nixed it due to the fact that it is, indeed, a griefer's paradise. 
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    Renfail said:

We thought about it in the very beginning when we were brainstorming combat and ways to up the challenge factor, but at the end of the day we nixed it due to the fact that it is, indeed, a griefer's paradise. 
    I just figured that in a group based game like this, folks who behave poorly won't last. Reputation will be super important.   No DungeonFinder queues...

I know it brings significant technical challenges so maybe when you start chapter 2 it would be worth a test.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• RenfailRenfail Member EpicPosts: 1,638
    edited September 2017
    Part Three of @Elloa's stream from today's session: 

We delved into the first dungeon, Logain's Depths, and then headed out to the Rithcull Highlands and to the ruins, where we joined up with another group for a mini-raid towards the end of the stream.