FInally watched Wonder Woman

waynejr2waynejr2 West Toluca Lake, CAMember EpicPosts: 7,680
Not a comic book fan for some context, but I love this movie.  The fights were fun especially the No Mans Land + Village battle.  I know a lot of DC Fans love the dark and brooding and hate the marvel fun/likeable characters, but Wonder Woman is better than the previous 3 DC movies to me.
http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"




Comments

  • AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 2,641
    Does she eat wonder bread?

    image
  • waynejr2waynejr2 West Toluca Lake, CAMember EpicPosts: 7,680
    They didn't show her making sandwiches for everyone.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

    Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

    https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

    Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

    John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

    FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

    LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"




  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member UncommonPosts: 948
    DC's problem is the movie studios don't understand DC comics or their characters. Batman is meant to be a dark and brooding character. So are characters like Constantine and Swamp Thing. Neither Superman nor Wonder Woman are, nor are most DC comics characters. But they'll keep portraying Superman as an angst ridden manchild and Batman as a murdering psychopath and people will keep plugging in their dollars for it at the theaters. I'll stick to the actual comics.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 West Toluca Lake, CAMember EpicPosts: 7,680
    OG_Zorvan said:
    DC's problem is the movie studios don't understand DC comics or their characters. Batman is meant to be a dark and brooding character. So are characters like Constantine and Swamp Thing. Neither Superman nor Wonder Woman are, nor are most DC comics characters. But they'll keep portraying Superman as an angst ridden manchild and Batman as a murdering psychopath and people will keep plugging in their dollars for it at the theaters. I'll stick to the actual comics.

    I have a friend who is a comic book nerd and he told me that wasn't true of those until the 80s or 90s when they started to change it.  Back in the golden age they weren't like that.  Since I am not a comic book nerd, I have no idea.  But he claims the younger DC fans believe it is has always been dark.
    OG_Zorvan
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

    Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

    https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

    Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

    John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

    FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

    LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"




  • AUNE2018AUNE2018 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    I love Gadot as Wonder Woman. She did great!
  • GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnMember RarePosts: 4,236
    waynejr2 said:
    OG_Zorvan said:
    DC's problem is the movie studios don't understand DC comics or their characters. Batman is meant to be a dark and brooding character. So are characters like Constantine and Swamp Thing. Neither Superman nor Wonder Woman are, nor are most DC comics characters. But they'll keep portraying Superman as an angst ridden manchild and Batman as a murdering psychopath and people will keep plugging in their dollars for it at the theaters. I'll stick to the actual comics.

    I have a friend who is a comic book nerd and he told me that wasn't true of those until the 80s or 90s when they started to change it.  Back in the golden age they weren't like that.  Since I am not a comic book nerd, I have no idea.  But he claims the younger DC fans believe it is has always been dark.
    Believe it or not, Marvel used to be much more serious and continous. DC used to be rather silly and episodic. Like, Batman comes, crime is perpetrated, Batman investigates, Batman solves the crime, criminal ends in prison / Arkham. Repeat. But the cinematic universes convince people otherwise. So, it's all quite jumbled.
  • xLoveless1102xLoveless1102 Member UncommonPosts: 29
    I still haven't watched the movie but taking into consideration the reviews that have been posted maybe its time to watch the film. I really am not into DC movies and/or Marvel movies, but I did watched them. Logan was the last film that I watched. 
    A game will only END if you on STOP playing it...
  • waynejr2waynejr2 West Toluca Lake, CAMember EpicPosts: 7,680
    Gorwe said:
    waynejr2 said:
    OG_Zorvan said:
    DC's problem is the movie studios don't understand DC comics or their characters. Batman is meant to be a dark and brooding character. So are characters like Constantine and Swamp Thing. Neither Superman nor Wonder Woman are, nor are most DC comics characters. But they'll keep portraying Superman as an angst ridden manchild and Batman as a murdering psychopath and people will keep plugging in their dollars for it at the theaters. I'll stick to the actual comics.

    I have a friend who is a comic book nerd and he told me that wasn't true of those until the 80s or 90s when they started to change it.  Back in the golden age they weren't like that.  Since I am not a comic book nerd, I have no idea.  But he claims the younger DC fans believe it is has always been dark.
    Believe it or not, Marvel used to be much more serious and continous. DC used to be rather silly and episodic. Like, Batman comes, crime is perpetrated, Batman investigates, Batman solves the crime, criminal ends in prison / Arkham. Repeat. But the cinematic universes convince people otherwise. So, it's all quite jumbled.

    Context.  It is important.  I was talking about DC vs DC.  You are taking it off topic with tossing marvel into the mix.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

    Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

    https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

    Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

    John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

    FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

    LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"




  • StrikeboyStrikeboy Member CommonPosts: 28
    from personal experience, is the movie good? in general i mean, i'm gonna watch with some kids with me
Sign In or Register to comment.