Has anyone put money into Wild West Online?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member RarePosts: 1,726
Just curious:  Does anyone trust this game's developers enough to have invested cash at this point?  If so, why were you willing to do so with so little information available on the game?  It just doesn't seem like a safe bet to me.

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 2,560
    edited August 29
    Post edited by Asheram on
    TheScavengerRealizerBruceYeeTalonsinpantaroNyctelios

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Matrix, NYMember RarePosts: 2,165
    parks and recreation GIF
    AsheramBruceYeepantaroNyctelios

My adult gaming and mods website (various games, adult mods, screenshots, stories and other games I play(ed) 

http://nsfwgaming.wixsite.com/adultgamingandmods

And my Youtube channel (for nature/relaxation/meditation videos)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Vendayn

edited August 29

I would like too but it sounds too risky to me.

• RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHMember RarePosts: 5,898
    waiting for the free trial after release before deciding if worth.
    PhryNyctelios

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,253
    yeah ,I am drop 40$ , if this fail I am not going to crying around , it have to be just my bad

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,355
    Nope, even if Sergey Titov is only involved in licensing the game engine, he would still get a portion of my money.  I just can not support a person who I feel exemplifies all that is wrong with the gaming industry. 

DakeruKyleranvito11NycteliosMaurgrim
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

edited September 13
    Alpha starts on September15th and $40 gets you in it I might try that, with the whole free refund thing.
    I noticed they changed the wording in the refund paragraph to "as long as you decide to get refund before september 27th", didn't it used to be before the final alpha phase?

http://buy.playwwo.com/
    "We offer unconditional refunds. As a team, we all agreed that it's unfair to get caught up in the hype of a new game and end up getting burned. We do not want you to feel like you bought into a game that isn't what you hoped for. 

So, we'll let you refund your early bird purchase with no questions asked. This gives you a chance to play the Alpha yourself, and opt-out if you think the game won't develop into the game you wanted. There are no restrictions on amount of time you have played, and there are no limits on how long you owned the game — so long as you decide before September 27, 2017 you will be granted a full refund."

If I buy it now its still considered and early bird purchase right?

• Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAMember RarePosts: 3,469
    Talonsin said:
    Nope, even if Sergey Titov is only involved in licensing the game engine, he would still get a portion of my money.  I just can not support a person who I feel exemplifies all that is wrong with the gaming industry. 

Whoa the War Z dude is involved with WWO? That's not good. I'll pass until the game actually comes out and I can see it for myself.
  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 26,286
    At the end of the day it's only $40, if it turns out to be crap, will you really miss the money?

If the answer is no, go for it.

(Then you can tell me all about it before I spend my money) ;)
    Sovrath

On hiatus from EVE Online since Dec 2016 - Screw off-grid PVE boosting changes

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Talonsin said:

Whoa the War Z dude is involved with WWO? That's not good. I'll pass until the game actually comes out and I can see it for myself.
    Supposedly they are just using his game engine.

• NycteliosNyctelios Novo Hamburgo - RS - BrazilMember EpicPosts: 2,248
    Asheram said:
    Talonsin said:

Supposedly they are just using his game engine.
    Because it is good against hackers... [*tries not to laugh*]

" Tawnos's blueprints were critical to the creation of my armor. As he once sealed himself in steel, I sealed myself in a walking crypt. "
    —Urza

- Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102
    edited September 13
    So looking farther into it they did change the wording from deciding before the 2nd alpha phase to september 27th, which as you can see from the schedule is "decide from playing 2- 3 day play periods" which puts the cut off before the 1st alpha is even over.
    To me is not enough time to make an assessment for a refund or not. If it was a continuous 24/7 1-2 week period I would but I am back to a "wait and see" stance.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/wild-west-online/news/limited-time-early-bird-preorder-program-revealed-1000044471

Nyctelios