Launch class?

2»

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson USAMember EpicPosts: 2,237
    I'm probably going Warlock. That is what my friend is.

However. No idea what Destiny 2 is about or how it plays or anything. I did watch a video, but then stopped when the tutorial/beginning part ended as I don't want to spoil the story.

My friend says its amazing, and there is a lot to do as a solo dude. He is far less social than me (he doesn't even go to forums and doesn't even have a facebook account lol), but he says there is tons for him to do without talking to or grouping with anyone. So sounds great to me. And the game looks like a lot of fun.

Figure I'll just go in mostly blind, and enjoy the game and be surprised by it. I already know I'll like it from what little I watched. Plus me and my friend have very similar tastes in games, so its a pretty sure fire enjoyment.

I do know its a multiplayer game, but if my friend who is far more anti-social than I am enjoys the game and has a lot to do...that is enough for me.

However, I'll probably group sometimes if its random matched and I don't need to actually find a group. Like the LFD thing in WoW. My friend doesn't even like that rofl. If it isn't like LFD, then if my friend has a lot of enjoyment out of it and a lot to do, still sounds good enough to me.
    Good to know man.  I like grouping, but there are a lot of times I just want to do my own thing.  Glad to hear that past the campaign I'll have options.  
    Phry said:
    For primary weapons i always have trouble choosing between Scout Rifle and Auto Rifle, either way, its going to be a hunter, its a long long time though till 24th of October! keeping fingers crossed they don't screw up, i need my 60fps!
    If it plays like the beta, I'm sure You'll be happy.  I was running 75+ FPS.
    PhryTorval
    Raquis said:
    I watched a guy play destiny 2 and it looks like everyone will be either warlock or titan nobody likes the hunter, lol.I am only buying Destiny 2 on pc till monster hunter and Code Vein releases;).
    I played a hunter through Destiny 1. I would try a new class on PS4, but on PC I am looking forward to aim my sniper with a mouse. Man that oughta feel fucking good!!
    I think that's because the hunters dodge ability is a bit bollocks.  At least that's how it felt in the beta.  It didn't really dodge anything and felt like a wasted ability to me.  Having only 2 available abilities, kinda sucks if one is a waste.  I imagine that has a lot to do with the class in balance.  

For those playing on console, did they fix the dodge?
    PhryConstantineMerusTorval
  • BananaSoupBananaSoup Zielona GóraMember UncommonPosts: 116
    Raquis said:
    I watched a guy play destiny 2 and it looks like everyone will be either warlock or titan nobody likes the hunter, lol.I am only buying Destiny 2 on pc till monster hunter and Code Vein releases;).
    I played a hunter through Destiny 1. I would try a new class on PS4, but on PC I am looking forward to aim my sniper with a mouse. Man that oughta feel fucking good!!
    I played every class in destiny and i will play every class in Destiny 2 as well but TITAN is a MASTER CLASS!!!!
    MrMelGibson
    Raquis said:
    I played every class in destiny and i will play every class in Destiny 2 as well but TITAN is a MASTER CLASS!!!!
    I'll probably do the same eventually.  As long as they fix the Hunter.  
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,439
    edited September 26
    Raquis said:

I played all three through the tutorial and the hunter and warlock in the strike. Hunter gunplay I found very satisfying. I will play a hunter, but the utility isn't as nice. All three have such nice gun play that feels different between each one that I can see wanting to level them all.
    Post edited by Torval on
    blueturtle13MrMelGibson
    Notice: The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Album: Plastic Fantastic
    Featured Tracks: Decline and Fall, Time & Space, I Go Crazy (bonus track on digital release)