Which MMO most promoted griefing?

Comments

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCMember LegendaryPosts: 10,205
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

Side A: You consent to PvP when you log into a PvP game. All PvP that is allowed by the devs is intended. You can not be griefed by someone who is playing the game the way the devs intended it to be played.

You know that "the way the devs intended it to be played" thing you keep hiding your wilfull ignorance behind sounds a lot to me like "but...but... mommy said I could."

As an aside, you really should be concerned that the only person liking your posts is the resident sociopathic troll. When he likes your posts you know you really done fucked up good.

"Hitler liked dogs, so if you like dogs too then you know you really done fucked up good."

Do you see how insanely stupid that is?

It's not surprising that you think that way though, given your history of misandry and racism. Hatred and ignorance is all I've come to expect from you.

My misandry is very selective. It's only directed at dumb fucks... sorry if that offends you.
    Gdemami
    You say you never compromise
    With the mystery tramp, but now you realize
    He's not selling any alibis
    As you stare into the vacuum of his eyes
    And say "Do you want to make a deal?"
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Shadowbane, TXMember UncommonPosts: 273
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

Side A: You consent to PvP when you log into a PvP game. All PvP that is allowed by the devs is intended. You can not be griefed by someone who is playing the game the way the devs intended it to be played.

You know that "the way the devs intended it to be played" thing you keep hiding your wilfull ignorance behind sounds a lot to me like "but...but... mommy said I could."

As an aside, you really should be concerned that the only person liking your posts is the resident sociopathic troll. When he likes your posts you know you really done fucked up good.

"Hitler liked dogs, so if you like dogs too then you know you really done fucked up good."

It's not surprising that you think that way though, given your history of misandry and racism. Hatred and ignorance is all I've come to expect from you.

So... because Iselin is a racist, possibly even a Nazi, he believes griefing exists? 

I like you to share a bit of his history of racism here please. Maybe you're right. Maybe this whole griefing thing is a new racist front. Hard to believe its inception is at Canada, but what the heck. I'd like to learn. Do tell. 

You're off in a parallel dimension reading things nobody ever said.

bcbully
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus LondonMember RarePosts: 1,283
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

So... because Iselin is a racist, possibly even a Nazi, he believes griefing exists? 

I like you to share a bit of his history of racism here please. Maybe you're right. Maybe this whole griefing thing is a new racist front. Hard to believe its inception is at Canada, but what the heck. I'd like to learn. Do tell. 

But I referred to what you said? You called him a racist. I asked you to share that history of his. Which part of this direct and simple question misdirected you to a parallel universe?
    Gdemami
    Have you ever noticed that their stuff is shit and your shit is stuff?
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Shadowbane, TXMember UncommonPosts: 273
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

But I referred to what you said? You called him a racist. I asked you to share that history of his. Which part of this direct and simple question misdirected you to a parallel universe?
    You said:
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

I was responding to him saying that because someone he doesn't like agrees with my posts, that means my posts are fucked up.

As for Islin's racism, it was deleted by mods and he managed to get himself banned shortly thereafter.

He's racist against white people, so I don't think he would fit in well with the Nazis.
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

You said:
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

I was responding to him saying that because someone he doesn't like agrees with my posts, that means my posts are fucked up.

As for Islin's racism, it was deleted by mods and he managed to get himself banned shortly thereafter.

He's racist against white people, so I don't think he would fit in well with the Nazis.
    Well to be fair, Canadians make horrible Nazis. So it doesn't matter if he hates whites or other colors, he'll suck at it anyways. 
    Hatefull
  • IselinIselin Vancouver, BCMember LegendaryPosts: 10,205
    edited September 9
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

You said:
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

Well to be fair, Canadians make horrible Nazis. So it doesn't matter if he hates whites or other colors, he'll suck at it anyways. 
    He's referring to my disdain for the mob that was attacking a Bioware employee instigated by Ethan Ralph where I might have made reference to those who overexpose their neck to sunshine which apparently is not a word that mmorpg.com approves of. And no, it wasn't a ban it was bars on my avatar for a week.

He may be hypersensitive to that 60's term for reactionary dumb asses.

The whole thing started with this article on Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/scumbags-harass-woman-for-working-on-mass-effect-andro-1793410647
    Post edited by Iselin on
    GdemamiConstantineMerusMadFrenchieHatefull
    You say you never compromise
    With the mystery tramp, but now you realize
    He's not selling any alibis
    As you stare into the vacuum of his eyes
    And say "Do you want to make a deal?"
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

You said:
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

He's referring to my disdain for the mob that was attacking a Bioware employee instigated by Ethan Ralph where I might have made reference to those who overexpose their neck to sunshine which apparently is not a word that mmorpg.com approves of. And no, it wasn't a ban it was bars on my avatar for a week.

He may be hypersensitive to that 60's term for reactionary dumb asses.

The whole thing started with this article on Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/scumbags-harass-woman-for-working-on-mass-effect-andro-1793410647
    So you've done time. Cool. Got any tats?
    laseritHatefullKyleran
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarreMember EpicPosts: 6,610
    How many pages ago was the Godwin point reached? :D
    immodiumKyleran
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 7700k (4.80ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UltraGaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Pioneer VSX-322 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 1,647
    edited September 9
    lahnmir said:

And what a ridiculous statement. If someone else prevents you from doing anything, how in ANY way is that the your fault? If someone does something to you you can in no way prevent and prevents you from doing anything at all, how can you choose to have fun or do something else? There is no one else to blame, grievers have victims, apparently you don't have a clue what a griever is or you just haven't read the thread at all. 
    Of course griefers have victims. That's the point, genius. That's different from someone acting like a HELPLESS victim. It is impossible for someone to prevent you from doing ANYTHING. You always have a choice. You think you're so special that you have the right to go anywhere and do anything in an environment that has loads of other people who want to go anywhere and do anything as well. Some of those people will try and mess with you -- fact. That's multiplayer. Somehow in your fucked up little mind you think your preferences are more important than everyone else. If the game allows griefing, then it's a valid activity, regardless of how you feel about it. 

The one whining and feeling entitled is you. Whining about how bad behavior is being looked down upon and entitled because you think your morally bankrupt play style should be accepted for what it is and people have no right to call you out on it and call you a jerk. Go play in your empty OWPVP game all normal players left because of the toxicity, or isn't that what has happened to all cough*good*cough OWPVP games out there?
    Ah. more "help me mommy" bullshit.

I love how you assume I grief when in fact, I don't. I just happen to realize that's it's part of the PvP experience. When it happens to me I find another way to complete my objective. Griefers are usually not that bright -- it's easy to do an end-run around them and move on. The difference between us is I manage to keep playing while you stand there, wetting your diapers, crying to the devs to stop the bad man from messing with you. And if you don't get any satisfaction in-game, you go to the forums to continue your temper tantrum. How pathetic.

As for those empty OWPVP worlds you're going on about, they seem populated enough for me and fun as well. Empty dying OWPVP worlds is just the fairytale you like to tell yourself because it makes you feel better about the fact that you don't -- or more accurately can't -- participate. They may not have the population of a mindless barbie dress-up fapping party packed full of helpless victims, but the benefit is they don't have many of those same people turning the game into some whine-fest, filled with self-absorbed delicate little snowflakes. I'll take OWPVP over a million of your kind any day.
    Post edited by postlarval on
    MadFrenchiebcbullyCaffynated
  • lahnmirlahnmir UtrechtMember RarePosts: 925
    lahnmir said:

And what a ridiculous statement. If someone else prevents you from doing anything, how in ANY way is that the your fault? If someone does something to you you can in no way prevent and prevents you from doing anything at all, how can you choose to have fun or do something else? There is no one else to blame, grievers have victims, apparently you don't have a clue what a griever is or you just haven't read the thread at all. 
    Of course griefers have victims. That's the point, genius. That's different from someone acting like a HELPLESS victim. It is impossible for someone to prevent you from doing ANYTHING. You always have a choice. You think you're so special that you have the right to go anywhere and do anything in an environment that has loads of other people who want to go anywhere and do anything as well. Some of those people will try and mess with you -- fact. That's multiplayer. Somehow in your fucked up little mind you think your preferences are more important than everyone else. If the game allows griefing, then it's a valid activity, regardless of how you feel about it. 

The one whining and feeling entitled is you. Whining about how bad behavior is being looked down upon and entitled because you think your morally bankrupt play style should be accepted for what it is and people have no right to call you out on it and call you a jerk. Go play in your empty OWPVP game all normal players left because of the toxicity, or isn't that what has happened to all cough*good*cough OWPVP games out there?

I love how you assume I grief when in fact, I don't. I just happen to realize that's it's part of the PvP experience. When it happens to me I find another way to complete my objective. Griefers are usually not that bright -- it's easy to do an end-run around them and move on. The difference between us is I manage to keep playing while you stand there, wetting your diapers, crying to the devs to stop the bad man from messing with you. And if you don't get any satisfaction in-game, you go to the forums to continue your temper tantrum. How pathetic.

As for those empty OWPVP worlds you're going on about, they seem populated enough for me and fun as well. Empty dying OWPVP worlds is just the fairytale you like to tell yourself because it makes you feel better about the fact that you don't -- or more accurately can't -- participate. They may not have the population of a mindless barbie dress-up fapping party packed full of helpless victims, but the benefit is they don't have many of those same people turning the game into some whine-fest, filled with self-absorbed delicate little snowflakes. I'll take OWPVP over a million of your kind any day.
    Lots of assumptions from your side as well and that lovely hostile tone. Cute, but I'm not impressed. And I'll take a million special snowflakes over internet tough guys that have very important opinions and 'tell it like it is.' The rest of your post is just blablabla which has absolutely nothing to do with me.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    GdemamiHatefull
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

lahnmir said:
    lahnmir said:

Lots of assumptions from your side as well and that lovely hostile tone. Cute, but I'm not impressed. And I'll take a million special snowflakes over internet tough guys that have very important opinions and 'tell it like it is.' The rest of your post is just blablabla which has absolutely nothing to do with me.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    Coolness. Carry on, snowflake.
    Caffynated
    Funny thing is the whole thread there are people whom say we never grief, but griefing doesn't exist, no one does it to annoy other players, ever.

Then there's another group whom insist they have done it many a time just to annoy other players. 

I'm against all that name calling and finding mental sickness for all those griefers. Also against on playing the victim and asking the devs to fix their problem. 

But I still fail to see, how can one be sure to know the intention of ALL players world-wide whom been doing what is commonly named as griefing. 

We act out of despite, to annoy, to bully, to whatever you want to name it, EVERYWHERE. But somehow, virtual PvP is where we draw the line. That sounds very ridiculous. 

Yes, that is also a part of PvP. But that doesn't change what is, doesn't change the intention, neither the outcome. 

Now I understand Richard Dawkins might be able to convince the Pope before anyone here changes their mind. But I can see of both groups would've acted in less of a dogmatic matter this thread would've died days ago. That ain't going to happen for sure. So I wish you all well, and truly hope either group would never meet me in a PvP game.
    Gdemami
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Nashville, TNMember EpicPosts: 2,801
    edited September 9
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

You said:
    Iselin said:
    So to sum up the thread:

Holy shit this guy is like the champion of being completely, utterly wrong.

EDIT- wait, Donald, is that you?????  You sandbaggin sonuva bitch, you!
    Post edited by MadFrenchie on
    GdemamiHatefull

• HatefullHatefull Member RarePosts: 1,473
    So to sum up the thread:

Side B: We don't care what the creator of the game intended. Our feelings are all that matter. If you hurt our feelings we will call you mentally ill, morally bankrupt, an "a$$hole", and a "total failure as a human being" because that's a rational response to being inconvenienced.

Neither side is going to budge and there's no common ground. Continuing to argue is pointless.

The reason you made that conclusion is because you see it in black or white. Either it is totally fine or it is a mental illness. But the fact is there are lots of shades in between. 
    So true. I am pretty well done with this thread, at this point the: "There is no griefing" Crowd and just being obstinate for no other reason than to just be obstinate.  Willful ignorance and immaturity that I am done entertaining. I look at the roll call here, the who's who of trolls on this forum.

Anyway, all valid points have been made and the rational people, and I would add people that actually participate in PvP, understand and tend to agree more or less.

Cheers.

GdemamiVengeSunsoarMadFrenchieJean-Luc_PicardIselinConstantineMerusKyleran

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

• RhoklawRhoklaw Ft. Bliss, TXMember EpicPosts: 5,235
    edited September 10
    Rhoklaw said:

I'm tired of this political correctness filter, so I'm just going to be blunt. People who grief are mentally ill.
    It's a game.

I can be blunt as well. People who take games or things that happen in games too seriously are mentally ill.
    Same could be said about going to the movies. Just because there happens to be some asshat in the crowd that ruins the movie, we should just get over it right? Even though we spent $20. It doesn't matter how you try to twist the subject around, I'll be able to come right back and throw it in your face with more stupid analogies.

No one said anything about taking games too seriously. It's called paid entertainment, whether in the form of a subscription or a cash shop. If people invest money in something and some twat decides to ruin that value of entertainment because they are an immature asshat, it's called griefing and people who defend that kind of crap are definitely mentally ill.
    Post edited by Rhoklaw on
    Gdemami

• lahnmirlahnmir UtrechtMember RarePosts: 925
    Rhoklaw said:
    Rhoklaw said:

I'm tired of this political correctness filter, so I'm just going to be blunt. People who grief are mentally ill.
    It's a game.

I can be blunt as well. People who take games or things that happen in games too seriously are mentally ill.
    Same could be said about going to the movies. Just because there happens to be some asshat in the crowd that ruins the movie, we should just get over it right? Even though we spent $20. It doesn't matter how you try to twist the subject around, I'll be able to come right back and throw it in your face with more stupid analogies.

No one said anything about taking games too seriously. It's called paid entertainment, whether in the form of a subscription or a cash shop. If people invest money in something and some twat decides to ruin that value of entertainment because they are an immature asshat, it's called griefing and people who defend that kind of crap are definitely mentally ill.
    Careful, he might call you a snowflake. He's tough like that.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Hatefull
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

lahnmir said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Rhoklaw said:

It's a game.

Careful, he might call you a snowflake. He's tough like that.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Why don't you just show him? You already live the part.
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 1,848
    I think the main take away the few trolls who've really driven the majority of the opposition in this thread need to get through their heads is "It's only a game" is not an unlimited license to be as big of an asshole as possible. 

As long as your opponents are human a certain level of conduct is expected. The vast majority of people have no issue in sorting out the difference between actions licensed by the competitive nature of a game, and actions that constitute being a straight asshat.

The fact the difference even needs to be explained to some people shows they lack a natural instinct to understand basic human empathy the way the rest of us do. 
    GdemamiHatefullKyleranRhoklawRufusUO
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,455
    Probably Eve.
    You cant promote griefing more than this:

Contract system is filled with scams
    Main markets filled with spammers and suicide bombers
    People will be your friend for months just to steal your stuff
    Devs have been caught playing and spawning stuff in for their corp
    A game card added that cost real money and can be stolen or destroyed

I still miss this one and when I retire, I will be back...
    Hatefull
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Zod, CAMember UncommonPosts: 868
    Lol nobody ever mentioned getting ganked in a friggin' MOBA or being beaten in a fighting game as griefing...

But hey, let's not let a little thing like logic get in the way!  We got a school of red herrings to fish!

ARedHerring_edit

No, you're right... no one mentioned fighting games or MOBA's but my point was the attitude not the game. Hence the "and so on"

No, you're right... no one mentioned fighting games or MOBA's but my point was the attitude not the game. Hence the "and so on"
    But no one is taking that attitude.  Or, well, none of the posters I've agreed with, nor myself.  There is a difference.

But no one is taking that attitude.  Or, well, none of the posters I've agreed with, nor myself.  There is a difference.

I misunderstand you. What does this have to do with you or the posters you agreed with?

Your comment lost me.

lahnmir said:
    laserit said:
    laserit said:
    Gdemami said:
    lahnmir said:

Oooo...story-time. I have a story too.

My uncle who lived in Canada had to wait 4 1/2 months for medical care for his condition.

Actually he technically only had to wait 2 months because he died. That didn't stop them from sending him an appointment reminder a couple of months later however. I'm sure my aunt appreciated the notice.

Nice bang-up awesome health care system you got going. If he was in the US he would be alive today.
    In my country we laugh at how bad both the Canadian AND US healthcare ystem are. Then again, I live in The Netherlands where we have some of the  best care in the world, in 2015 we actually had THE best. So now that we are done measuring healthcare peens and sharing stories, could you take it down a notch? He shared a story, sorry you had a different experience, no need to act like that.

postlarval said:

Well, that's probably because you take responsibility for yourself, how you choose to have fun, what you chose to do, etc.

Seems the average MMO gamer these days is a whining, entitled victim. It's never their fault. It's always someone else that's to blame for everything that happens to them.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    There is toxicity in all MMO's because humans play them. Playing a PvE MMO doesn't mean you have a heightened sense of morality, it just means the MMO has strict barriers preventing humans from doing "what humans do".

I'm not oblivious to the problems that OWpvp MMO's have however, if i'm going to continue to play them I can't pretend like calling someone an as$hole is going to get my stuff back. I know as$holes exist so i'm extra careful when i'm out & about. It requires extra work/attention which is why some players decide to aviod these type of games entirely.

OWpvp games are extremely competitive and not all players are good sports, so i'll never expect a OWpvp game to have as many players as a PvE one. Humans take the path of least resistance... so it only natural for a PvE to have more players. Even if there were a good OWpvp game that was developed to perfection but it was still full loot upon death how many more players would play this game?
    lahnmir

I misunderstand you. What does this have to do with you or the posters you agreed with?

Your comment lost me.
    Unless I misread your post, you were implying that the attitude taken against griefers is the same attitude taken when beaten in a fighting game or ganked in a MOBA.  But that isn't true.  Which is something me and many others have been pointing out for pages now.
    HatefullGdemami

Your comment lost me.
    Unless I misread your post, you were implying that the attitude taken against griefers is the same attitude taken when beaten in a fighting game or ganked in a MOBA.  But that isn't true.  Which is something me and many others have been pointing out for pages now.
    Thank you for clarifying. I made a statement regarding my own attitude when something unfortunate happens in any game.

I'v been playing OWpvp long enough to know how to mitigate unpleasant situations like getting griefed ect... so if it does happen, it's more of a"How did I let this happen?" rather than a"This person is doing this to me"

GdemamiMadFrenchie