Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Literally Talk to Your Friends Face-to-Face with Faceware Tech - Star Citizen Videos - MMORPG.com

Comments

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

get the fn game out, then do more stuff holy heck.

It's important to throw out the shiny shiny to distract people from noticing you got nothing.

KyleranExcessionWarlyxvito11

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    scope creep...

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited August 2017
    rodingo said:
    scope creep...
    I would love to see this thing come to fruition and completely change gaming...  But I just really don't have high hopes that this will all be stitched together into a tight, cohesive package.  It's utterly ambitious.
    Kyleran

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    MORE and MORE feature creep....

oh and BUY OUR WEBCAM!!

... utterly depressing.
    KyleranholdenhamletrpmcmurphyExcessionMaxBacon

..Cake..

• bunzagabunzaga Member UncommonPosts: 36
    As soon as I put on a helmet, this entire thing is pointless. Gratz on wasting dev time.
    Excession
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    ERP delight:  Come on, baby, show me your O face!
    LahDeeDahMadFrenchieAmazingAverychojin2k
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Continuing with their tactics of adding pointless features to get more hype, at best this will. End up being some lobby game with 50 cap per server, their excuse "we added too many features" oh god, i can see it happening.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    rensta said:
    Continuing with their tactics of adding pointless features to get more hype, at best this will. End up being some lobby game with 50 cap per server, their excuse "we added too many features" oh god, i can see it happening.
    No worries though. The most ardent supporters seem aggressive and righteous now. I have specifically seen one of them turn on a game so hard post launch it made my eyes do a 1080 while my nerve endings almost killed me.

Anyone remember EQ2 doing this like 10 years ago by the way?!
    rpmcmurphyExcessionMaxBacon
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    congrats on adding more useless garbage when the core systems still haven't been fully implemented. And this isn't new tech as others have said. This isn't pushing the envelope since EQ2 has had it in place for a while now but for some reason SC fans seem to think everything SC does is new and innovative. Chris will probably wordsmith how you can jump in SC and everyone will be screaming how hes pushing the genre forward and no one has done this before!!!
    ExcessionMaxBacon
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Apparently I am mild.
    rpmcmurphyMaxBacon
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    You guys don't know what you want and are a bunch of hypocritical tools. On one hand you say that the genre is stale and we keep getting the same recycled shit and then on the other hand you piss on innovation.
    ExcessionLahDeeDahPhoenix_HawkAlomarchojin2k
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    SBFord said:
    I mean....sorta cool but mostly creepy. :/
    Yup. Cool, but totally Uncanny Valley in its current state.

And fooling the software to make silly faces will be a sport of its own of course.  :p
    [Deleted User]
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    You guys don't know what you want and are a bunch of hypocritical tools. On one hand you say that the genre is stale and we keep getting the same recycled shit and then on the other hand you piss on innovation.

what's innovative about SC exactly? and don't say the facial thing cause its not innovative
    MaxBaconLahDeeDahExcession
  • alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    get the fn game out, then do more stuff holy heck.
    But why? They get more money that way. 
    Innovative?

Then again branding a webcam and selling it to whales is a rather innovative marketing maneuver.

XarkoExcessionMaxBaconKefoPhoenix_Hawk

..Cake..

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Hah! Everything gameplay related gets delayed to oblivion, but there is always time to sell another product.
    holdenhamletTalonsinPhoenix_Hawk
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I'm sure 0.2% of the player base will love this feature.

Looking forward to the 500 other features they will be adding before release to delight all the other special interest groups ! :D
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Extremely interesting tech for other things, for a game maybe if it is a vr based and relies on character to character interaction, for a mmo at this point in time complete waste of resources.
    Phoenix_Hawk
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993

Kefo said:

what's innovative about SC exactly? and don't say the facial thing cause its not innovative

The project it's self. Innovative doesn't just mean new, it also means different. So taking something we already know and finding other ways in which we can use it, improve on it, transform it, etc.

That's the whole reason people keep spouting the projects ambitious or impossible, because they're trying to do something different. Again not saying new, but different.

What can be currently done in the Alpha can't be done in WoW, ESO, FFXIV, Guildwars 2, EvE and to some extent Elite. Is it wrong to say the projects is very different from the current MMOs or even games on the market?

Whether this will all come to gather and work, if and when it launches, is a different story all together.

I do feel it's nice to show this and cool, but feel it could be something they do at a later date.
    ExcessionMaxBaconDerpangedOctagon7711
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Would much prefer to see actual gameplay systems that everyone can make use of rather than something that caters to the gurning erp guys. CIG need to get their priorities straight.

LahDeeDah
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited August 2017
    Everquest 2 added this feature years ago before SOE collapsed. This is nothing new. Why not use that money and resources to finish the game instead?
    ExcessionOctagon7711

Would much prefer to see actual gameplay systems that everyone can make use of rather than something that caters to the gurning erp guys. CIG need to get their priorities straight.

Are you saying selling branded webcams shouldn't be their priority?
    How do you expect them to continue the development of the BDSSE without continued funding?
    LahDeeDah

..Cake..

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

The only thing that was supposed to be innovative is not even implanted yet.their main feature,why everyone backed their game,traveling to planets around space in real time..... if they did that no one would say anything. but they just keep adding things no one really cares so much about. sure its nice, but they should f**ck off bastards!!!!!!!!

Derpanged

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    As everyone else said it's old tech.. plus nobody is asking for this. Seems like one more thing to hold up the release of the game to me.. feels like something to add way way after launch. LAUNCH. lol
    Octagon7711MadFrenchie
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    should make moves like the T Bag exponentially more interesting.