Xbox One Reviews Coming in Bad Due to P2W accusations

2»

Comments

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 980
    edited September 30
    Wizardry said:
    A cash shop is bad and that is end of discussion.You have no control over it,and no clue as to how intrusive it can become over time.Cash shops are a BLIND future and seeing how arpg's are shallow enough as is,it is a combination for a poor reason to support this stuff.
    I have no idea how people get caught up in this build stuff,especially since most are likely just surfing you tube for the best builds and copying them.
    There is no way a cash shop is ever good,it might be better than some others,but mildly bad is not better than simply supporting better games and better businesses.
    PoE is several years old and the cash shop's never changed at all from offering nothing but cosmetics and bank space.

The fact that this is enough to make people complain really makes me think they probably should have just sold it like... well, every other Diablo-esque game does.  Though they seem to financially be doing okay anyways, I suppose. ("okay" is far from "amazing", though)
    Post edited by Tiamat64 on
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,998
    edited September 30
    Liberals only care about how you look and nothing else so their number one concern about how to win in a game is appearance.  This is where these reviews come from.

Now, the Star-Belly Sneetches had bellies with stars.
    The Plain-Belly Sneetches had none upon thars.
    Those stars weren’t so big. They were really so small.
    You might think such a thing wouldn’t matter at all.
    Post edited by Torval on
    blueturtle13VicodinTaco
    The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Avatar Artist: Howard Blake, Peter Auty (vocalist)
    Album: The Snowman
    Featured Tracks: Walking in the Air
  • DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 17,116
    IMO - reviews should be removed. Try the game yourself - make up your own mind.
    Torval
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,998
    DMKano said:
    IMO - reviews should be removed. Try the game yourself - make up your own mind.

I really don't mind written reviews. I've found some useful info through the vast sea of useless comments. I just don't think a game should be "scored" based on such random baseless criteria, and I sure don't want that affecting what hits the front page of a digital store. 
    The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Avatar Artist: Howard Blake, Peter Auty (vocalist)
    Album: The Snowman
    Featured Tracks: Walking in the Air
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Tiamat64 said:
    ...did they even look at what was IN those packs?  Do they even know what the word "Win" means?

Sigh.  I wish people would stop murdering the English language.
    Yeah I really wish they would look at the packs. Because I saw one complaining about the 400$ pack, but it's literally 100% cosmetic with some points and maybe a stash tab.

Even the argument that you cannot trade at the marketboard without paying is moot considering you can trade with other players just fine. Plus the marketboard is an awful system to begin with since you cannot sort by anything other than item, which means you have to look through a billion pages / items to find the specific one at the right price. It could take hours!
    A stash tab is kind of important in a game like this.  That's a legit complaint, IMO.  Diablo III gives you in-game methods to gain multiple stash tabs (5 or more, I think?).

I think the bigger issue with this game is that the gameplay has literally no depth.  I kept wondering why I couldn't get into it, so I started watching streamers and YouTube videos.  Literally everyone runs around slamming one button killing everything - 2 if you're lucky.  That is not fun gameplay.  Not to me.