Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Launch Trailer Arrives - Console Version Out the Gate on September 6th - Destiny 2 Videos -

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageOfficial Launch Trailer Arrives - Console Version Out the Gate on September 6th - Destiny 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

Bungie has released the official cinematic launch trailer for Destiny 2. Console players will be able to get hands on the game starting September 6th, while PC players will get access starting October 24th. The PC open beta is scheduled for August 29th.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    well, they know how to make a trailer atleast ;D
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    People are excited for this, eh?
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    dont give a damn about this crap, since destiniy 1 was smashed to bits by media (non paid), they try to nickel and dime with destiny 1.2 aka destiny 2. Crap remains crap. I hope people are smarter this time.
    BananaSoupSpottyGekkoswarmdieRexKushman
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Quite excited for the game, but this trailer... damn is it bad. If the title was Destiny back in 2005 I wouldn't even had doubted that it was a troll video because this genuinely feels like it was made in 2005.
    Also I don't really get the console first, PC later release idea with such a huge gap... It feels borderline... you know what.
    Truth be told I wouldn't be surprised if they get a lot less PC sells due to people seeing others play on console first and getting over the "hype".
    RexKushman
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Trailer was ok. I'm still excited for the game though. Can't wait for October.
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    No harm in trying the open beta, I always like to take a test drive before forking any cash.
    bartoni33
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Albatroes said:
    People are excited for this, eh?
    HELL YEAH!

• VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212
    PC release y u so lateee
    SamhaelBananaSoup
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    60 - 100 $ for a rehashed Destiny 1 ? Sure guys, go and get it. I know you all want it, though I don't really know why. ;)
  • Drac14Drac14 Member UncommonPosts: 55

Anthur said:

60 - 100 $ for a rehashed Destiny 1 ? Sure guys, go and get it. I know you all want it, though I don't really know why. ;)

Because millions of people love Destiny 1 and are excited for more destiny content. Pretty simple stuff...
    bartoni33
  • MurmaiderMurmaider Member UncommonPosts: 123

Anthur said:

Destiny 1 wasn't awe-inspiring, to say the least.
    I was bummed about having to go online for story tidbits. But damn, they created great lore, I believe.

From the demo, it seemed much better in the story aspect, though.

What hooked me in Destiny 1, though, was the friends I made in clans that I played with.
    It made the repetitive not so bad as we were constantly joking and heckling each other.

It never got old to push the AFKers off a platform to their deaths when everyone had a great sense of humor about it.
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878

No harm in trying the open beta, I always like to take a test drive before forking any cash.

Maybe, but the main reason I got hyped for Destiny 1 was due to the basic gameplay in the beta... more fool me that the full game was little more than the beta with a few different color schemed planets to 'explore', and that the 'season pass' included little more than I would expect from a minor content patch in other games, with the real content coming only afterwards, which of course you then had to hand over another $60 for...

So yeah, waiting on some real reviews for this one, because so far it's looking like little more than Destiny 1.2 with plenty of $DLC$ lined up.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    TBH it doesn't look too exciting and I'm worried about progression and shallow mechanics.
    But I've heard from lots of people that the gameplay of the original was really fun.. so I'll give the open beta a try before I buy, if I buy.

..Cake..

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Fool me once, shame on them. Fool me twice, shame on me. I wont be fooled a second time.

If i ever decide to buy this game it will be a few years later when there is a cheaper version that includes all DLC.

Lets see who has the last laugh.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Quite excited for the game, but this trailer... damn is it bad. If the title was Destiny back in 2005 I wouldn't even had doubted that it was a troll video because this genuinely feels like it was made in 2005.

Also I don't really get the console first, PC later release idea with such a huge gap... It feels borderline... you know what.

Truth be told I wouldn't be surprised if they get a lot less PC sells due to people seeing others play on console first and getting over the "hype".

There is always a smart guy ( you ) , who thinks he knows better then an entire company.

I am sure they did their math as to when and why its the gap between PC and Consoles & they also know that you will be surprised when they will not get a lot less PC sells.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263

IceAge said:

There is always a smart guy ( you ) , who thinks he knows better then an entire company.

I am sure they did their math as to when and why its the gap between PC and Consoles & they also know that you will be surprised when they will not get a lot less PC sells.

The PC release being later isn't calculated. It's because it was an afterthought they decided to pursue due to them finishing development early. They caught a lot of flack with Destiny not being on the PC but didn't set out to make sure Destiny 2 was released on it either. If a PC release was planned from the start then it would be simultaneous launches or PC first. Since it's easier to develop for PC first and then convert to consoles than the other way around. Only reason to go the other way is due to PC not being a priority.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Keldor837 said:

IceAge said:

The PC release being later isn't calculated. It's because it was an afterthought they decided to pursue due to them finishing development early. They caught a lot of flack with Destiny not being on the PC but didn't set out to make sure Destiny 2 was released on it either. If a PC release was planned from the start then it would be simultaneous launches or PC first. Since it's easier to develop for PC first and then convert to consoles than the other way around. Only reason to go the other way is due to PC not being a priority.
    So you believe they developed Destiny 2 from scratch? I'm clueless about this stuff. But the whole Destiny 2 doesn't look like much of a next gen. game. Sorta like they upgraded what they already had a bit. If that's the case then wouldn't be the console versions easier to bake?
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung