Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cities: Skylines $7.49 on Steam til Monday morning

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
http://store.steampowered.com/app/255710/Cities_Skylines/

Great game on sale 75% off for a few more hours.
Ridelynn

Comments

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    It's a very decent game, the best city management of its generation indeed. I'd suggest to get the bundle if you are into this genre--totally worth the $31 price tag. Only 8 hours left!!
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2017
    IMO if you played the original Sim City games,this won't be enough of a different game to warrant buying,maybe 10 bucks if you feel you need a Sim City with a different skin.
    I don't feel i got much value from my purchase as i have only played it maybe 12 hours or so and haven't wanted to play it since.

If it is on sale for $31 it fears me to think what i bought it for when it released...sigh.Oh the bundle is 31,,8 bucks is definitely worth the price.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    I don't have that much experience with city builders, mainly having focused on Sim City 4 in the past. But, Cities: Skylines kicks some serious ass. I love it, one of the best games I've ever played. You could consider it potentially a bit too easy, it doesn't take much to understand the underlying mechanics. But, the creativity is great and it is really satisfying making huge cities. 

Also has a great modding community then extended the replayability a lot. 

I don't personally have the DLCs (considering getting them in this sale) as the DLCs got low reviews due to general lack of content in them. But, you can't go wrong with the base game. 
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    It has made leaps/bounds improvements.  I first got it and the gravity/water didn't work right.  So a town I spent hours and hours building was flooded because the dam wasn't working right (bugs).  Later was fixed but I never went back.  Perhaps I should.  

But I'll tell you, that new announce Jurassic Park city builder... now that peaked my curiosity.
    ConstantineMerus