Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cooler Master MasterSet MS120: Look Great On A Budget - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageCooler Master MasterSet MS120: Look Great On A Budget - MMORPG.com

Mechanical keyboards are expensive, and even more so when they’re RGB. Add a mouse to the mix and you could easily spend upwards of $200. Today, Cooler Master launches their MS120 RGB keyboard and mouse set. The keyboard features per-key backlighting and a hybrid mem-chanical switch. Retailing for an affordable $89.99, we see exactly how function stands up to flash.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Crestian7841Crestian7841 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    This is nice and all the colors are "cool". The Keyboard looks just like the one i had back in my highschool computer class though. I'm just not convinced with folks obsession with plain-jane keyboards that light up and click when i press a key. Furthermore, 2-6 programmable hotkeys is a joke. My mouse has 24. Budget balling or not, your paying for something invented 20 years ago with an led strip glued to its inside, its just your choice whether you wanna pay $30 or $200 on the same gig. *cough* *Razer*
    You wanna see a keyboard that will actually improve your in game performance. Go look up the Merc Stealth. Oh don't worry it still lights up if your that impressed by led strips.
  • GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793

Torval said:

CoolerMaster makes some really nice keyboards. I'm not a fan of their memchanical switches though.

I'm not sure who this keyboard is trying to appeal to. It could be programmers who don't use a bunch of hardware macros. Most macro use I think happens inside the editor - VIM, Visual Studio, IntelliJ, Atom, or whatever. But they offer better alternatives with the TKL and M-TKL boards.

They're going after gamers on a tight budget. You get a mouse and keyboard with a good bit of show for a reasonable cost for the set. The lack of macros and ability to program the lighting per key definitely puts it toward folks who like flash over function though.
    [Deleted User]