Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lets create a quest

nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
Just a simple quest. It can be radiant quest, it can story driven quest. Like gw2 or eso or any rpg u play

Small town of Riverloaf has been attacked by mosquitoes. This mosquitoes is dangerous because they spread a fatal desease. Some say mosquitoes boss also appear after dark and are very strong...

recomended level:1-10

boss mosquitoes: lv 10 spawn every 1 hour of death, get stronger buff at night.

side quest:

1. cure the villagers. find the papaya leaves at the jungle and feed the sick with it.

2. catch small mosquitoes. create a mosquitoes trap full of sticky gum, hit the mosquitoes with it, stick mosquitoes to it and kill it

3. kill big-average mosquitoes.

4. help clean the town so mosquitoes wont breed there.

Comments

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Quests not work , no matter how well crafted it still something that people will forget .
    Event is the true way for MMORPG to tell the stories .

Me create quest ? i will create 1000 kill "this" mobs quest , 1000 find "that" item , then make the NPCs randomly give out difference quests each day
    nerovergil
  • nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
    iixviiiix said:
    Quests not work , no matter how well crafted it still something that people will forget .

Me create quest ? i will create 1000 kill "this" mobs quest , 1000 find "that" item , then make the NPCs randomly give out difference quests each day
    how event
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    iixviiiix said:

how event
    How many types of event of event we have ?
    Best event is GM events and that is base on the GM is skill
    Second is player events that player create by meet with other players , can be good can be bad. This is the main contents of MMORPG .

The player events is complex , sometime just say "hello" to other also a type of events , the more tool you give for player to interface with other , more complex events it create .

Last is game events that auto start when condition meet

Monster spawn , special quest spawn , boss spawn ect

For example if you over hunt the mobs in a map , boss will come out and no more mob spawn until you take down the boss , everyone who in the map get a quest that reward when you hunt down that boss.

When you make an MMORPG events , quests , you need to understand that player will not play quests alone and want the quest to be repeatable . Nearly all MMORPG developer failed to understand this .

If you are parks maker , you will understand this . Who the **** that going to play again a park that you only have 1 run over the start to the end and say : "sorry we out of contents so you have to get out or walk around and watch other play"
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    why?