Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Warrior Spotlight - Gallion - Breakaway Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageNew Warrior Spotlight - Gallion - Breakaway Videos - MMORPG.com

The Breakaway team has put out a new trailer to introduce fans to Gallion, a Warrior archetype that, unlike back line healers, is there in the midst of the battle to lend assistance to companions.

Read the full story here

Comments

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    Well , now imagine that Amazon also owns Twitch. So ..things they can do with ...this game will have no limits :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• agedcheddaragedcheddar Member CommonPosts: 2
    I tried it during the alpha but it wasn't that fun. I'm not sure how they could improve it. Certainly not by simply adding more characters. The most important things are how it feels to control your character and the game flow. Both felt off.

I feel like in general, games that are made to be esports don't ever turn out that well. The biggest esports games (CS, Dota, LoL) weren't planned to be when they were first made. It just naturally happened over time. So focus on making a fun game first. Esports should be a long term goal.
    [Deleted User]mafallo
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

DMKano said:

The gameplay looks awful, why Amazon keeps wasting their time on this is beyond me.

It's beyond me why they are trying to do a hanball MOBA game... I'm sure that if they wanted they could've made an amazing MOBA simply because they have A TON OF CASH, however it feels like some "creative" guy decided to act cool and they choose to be "innovative" and honestly... it feels like they failed.
    Yes I'm sure that this game will appeal to some people, but I doubt that the playerbase will be that high and with low playerbase I don't see how they will do a competitive esport.

Still the game hasn't come out yet, so who knows. It might actually be fun and the next big thing, but at least to me the concept feels really meh...
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

DMKano said:

The gameplay looks awful, why Amazon keeps wasting their time on this is beyond me.

My guess is no one wants to be that guy who tells el hefe that the game they've spent years + millions on is no good.
  • Jonnyp2Jonnyp2 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    There's nothing wrong with the concept, a game like this could be fun. Problem is the combat and movement feels so awkward.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I realize the new era of gamers seem to have ADD and like hyper no thinking spam gaming but to me that looks awful.
    WAY too fast are the animation movements.
    Healing ROFLMAO a spamming ring that just auto heals within range,god thing they have that ring so players don't have to think one bit or learn their range,you just see it on the ground ...sigh.

That character looks super cheesy,i would definitely change that up quick like.
    The effect animations all look to be single texture,single low end color,i guess nice for SPAM like gaming but to me just looks bad and cheap to make.
    So not only making a super fast super cheap game but making it look bad is not doing a single thing for the genre,this is simply an attempt to make money fast.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    BruceYee said:

DMKano said:

My guess is no one wants to be that guy who tells el hefe that the game they've spent years + millions on is no good.
    Years?NO WAY,that game is less than 1 year of work and millions,they could build that for 1 million easily.10 employees,average of 60-100k each,that is 300k-1million a year.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

Wizardry said:

Years?NO WAY,that game is less than 1 year of work and millions,they could build that for 1 million easily.10 employees,average of 60-100k each,that is 300k-1million a year.

The game was shown at TwitchCon 2016 in a playable state more than 10 months ago. It is fair to assume that they have used more than 2 months to make it demo ready. So they have worked on this game more than a year.