Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO Combat idea

TarzanGreenTarzanGreen Member UncommonPosts: 27
Not sure if this idea exactly has been put forth but I've had inspiration from reading articles.

What if Combat was a mix of different styles. Determined by the weapons and attacks people equip. 

Example being some Swords would be action-combat since you slash at multiple enemies. Also some sword skills would damage all enemies in the path of the swing, with a damage fall off.
Other types of swords might be Tab-target like say a rapier because they are used for more focused attacks.

With bows, long range skills would be skill-shot based since it's far away and to knock down some of the clear reward of ranged weapons
However close range bow skills would be targeted as the arrows would fly fast and a person could react much anyway (could still dodge/block ofc. 

Comments

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    You grab the guns the go out and shoot all the orc to dead . Simple yet complex at same time .
    TarzanGreenanemo
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Devs can rarely even get one combat system right.   Now you want lots.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    I hope you like bots in your game,as the bot-makers would get their choice of whichever of the combat systems was most bottable.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    I'd like to see a full-blown MMO with Chivarly's combat.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I like your idea. I've played single-player games that had a mix of two, but one was rarely used. I think we'll see this system works pretty well for single-player games but for MMOs it would still be very cool but a bitch to balance. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung