Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plans for Future Episodes Beyond Episode 1 - Shroud of the Avatar - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imagePlans for Future Episodes Beyond Episode 1 - Shroud of the Avatar - MMORPG.com

Shroud of the Avatar News - With Shroud of the Avatar ready to officially launch Episode 1 in the relatively near future, the team is beginning to look at the future. In a new post on the official forums, Starr Long has revealed the long term plan for SotA that includes four new episodes, ships that will include ship-to-ship combat, Elven race, player-owned dungeons, Discord integration, more character customization, a companion mobile app, map improvements, animal husbandry and much more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CerthasCerthas Member UncommonPosts: 27
    4 years gone and they are still promising to scam people.
    LeFantome
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    love the fine print

"Please note that none of these are committed features and none of these have final designs of any kind."
  • joezhudarakjoezhudarak Member UncommonPosts: 32
    exciting news..a lot of ambitious goals and interesting features like. mounts,, mouted combat, player made dungeons, i love this game!
    Alomar
  • Aron_SwordmasterAron_Swordmaster Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Don't forget Episode 2, one of the commitments of Kickstarter 1, won't even begin development unless you successfully fund a Kickstarter 2.

But they're thinking about all kinds of ways they'll make the game you all thought you were getting in December 2013 for $2m originally! Yes they are! So keep funding!

And resurrecting old accounts with only 6 posts, almost entirely about Shroud to prove how well liked the game is!

Sub 200 peak users on Steam though.
  • joezhudarakjoezhudarak Member UncommonPosts: 32
    edited August 2017
    better than 99 posts hating sota, i have been playing this game a lot, i know what i said, it´s a good experience especially playing with friends...My guild proudly play SOTA and Albion online and its a shame when someone who knows nothing about the game express this kind of comment. There are more people loggin directly in the client so 200 peak users don´t express the real number
    LeFantomeAeander
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    That one wont last long, it's obvious. Once the game is released, people will see how bad it is and they won't see the EP 2... as you need money to make a game.
    BruceYee

• blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    better than 99 posts hating sota, i have been playing this game a lot, i know what i said, it´s a good experience especially playing with friends...My guild proudly play SOTA and Albion online and its a shame when someone who knows nothing about the game express this kind of comment. There are more people loggin directly in the client so 200 peak users don´t express the real number

More than 40k of just over 60k owners of the game are being reported on by Steam Spy.   probably around 12k users not linked yet.

Regarding the list, most of it was PROMISED for Episode 1.

Don't take my word for it; take it from one of SotA's most loyal.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/post-episode-1-content-plans-aka-the-2-year-plan.97521/page-8#post-860456

Aron_Swordmaster
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    How do they plan to fund that? Monthly begathons and another kickstarter?

Someone is probably yelling, "Thar she blows, man the harpoons!".
    AlomarAron_Swordmaster

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• RufusUORufusUO Member UncommonPosts: 37
    When players say they want to be sold a fantasy, they don't mean literally. They mean they want a tangible, complete game to play.

We can all sit around and dream but this is getting ridiculous. Deliver on previous promises first before proposing new ideas.
    AlomarAron_Swordmaster
    You've not only been playing a lot, but surprise surprise, you're a Real Money Trader on the main forums with the same user name, I see.

But 99 posts "hating sota", when the game is hateful, isn't bad, it's GOOD. Because it's accurate. Certainly more accurate than lying and saying I don't know anything about the game, and pretending it's something it's not.

Here's an example of which: Steam is 53% or so of the total accounts, because we know the total from the Seed Invest figures. 

We also know that maximum Peak was 500,  because Chris Spears himself stated so on the Reddit AMA...  or roughly double the Steam on the day, so the numbers who own it on Steam match the log ins through Steam... Which you'd know if you'd actually read my "99 posts" because I've quoted it there. And you'd have avoided illustrating how you're more concerned with dishonestly trying to slander critics and deceive potential purchasers about the strength of the game.

Which is fairly typical for Shrouds RMT obsessed, horribly cult like community.

Again.

Which is why we who were there right from Kickstarter hate it, and your Cult Bubble. You can't even tell the basic truth about how unpopular the game is.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    New Episodes means new lands!

If you missed out on the Episode 1 landrush you will have a chance to get in on the $10,000 house/castle plots!

[Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Nilden said:
    How do they plan to fund that? Monthly begathons and another kickstarter?

Someone is probably yelling, "Thar she blows, man the harpoons!".
    And extra fund raising on top, like SeedInvest. And selling global rights to other publishers; they have two already. And also double dipping on rewards, like adding 4 extra chapters to the Novel so backers end up buying it a second time, even if they are due to get a paperback as a reward. And then splitting the lore into a trilogy so Books 2 and 3 aren't included as a reward at all. And...

By the way, one of the board of Portalarium also sits on the SeedInvest board.

But we still don't have a game most people outside of RMT leeches and people who want an RPG themed Second Life want to actually play, let alone most of the Kickstarter promises.
  • MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    how about you make basic combat work? a week ago pets would not attack and mobs reset if you moved perpendicular to them (bad hitbox?) even slightly
    FreelancerND
  • FreelancerNDFreelancerND Member UncommonPosts: 32
    "The beauty of being an online game is that we can continue to expand the game well beyond the confines of the launch of our first episode."
    What?! Expanding now, are we? How about making you combat system fucking work and not feel like you are waving a non existent spiritual weapon against an incorporeal entity from another dimension which takes an inter dimensional dial-up connetion to register a hit??
    And it's the same for two years I am playing (occasionally) this game.