Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the biggest change since alpha

xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
So i've been casually following this game since it was announced and saw that they added more crafting, housing, and PvE since they announced. However, I see on here that  the PvE is still crappy (not that I really care, but it's nice to farm) and that its P2W. Is this true?

Games:
Currently playing:Nothing
Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Past games:
Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
Xpiher's GW2
GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
Warhammer - Xpiher

Comments

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    edited August 2017
    If there is long term appeal, it will be in guilds fighting over territory or small bands of players engaging in PvP at key trade "choke points". The meat of the game is about the player-driven economy, guild buildings and territorial gameplay.

PvE is fairly straight forward, some of the dungeons are quite interesting (there are PvPvE instances where you have to fight elementals, while trying to outsurvive players - which is a nice touch). I don't think you would play the game for the PvE experience, as there are other games that do it better (even WoW arguably, which isn't great for solo PvE in my opinion).

As with many games today, you can buy in-game currency from other players using real life money. This is somewhat P2W on the individual level. With that said, you will still need to level up the skills, which does take some time. You can't straight up outspend someone without putting the time in. Also, I'd imagine guild infrastructure matters a lot - being strong as an individual is fine, but having an economically strong guild is probably more important. You would have to spend a lot of money to get an advantage on a guild scale.

I think it's one of those cases where it's not that P2W on the lower levels, but at the very top you have people who invest both a lot of time and a lot of money (and those will likely come out on top).