Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LE: It seems the delay will get serious

KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
According Korean sources, the delay will be extended significantly because developers will switch to Unreal Engine 4.

https://steparu.com/latest-news/2402-lineage-eternal-gets-upgraded-to-unreal-engine-4-and-delayed-significantly

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    edited August 2017
    I thought this game was cancelled. Guess I was wrong.
    It was cancelled when the code was leaked but that was 10 years ago. This time it got delayed, too much money into it to cancel it a second time. You were right. :)

But with B&S selling so great at the moment an engine change might not be a bad idea. The Lineage IP is the only one competing with the Warcraft IP (not in the west but the first Lineages numbers were insane and it still have been around 4 million players paying a subscription which is beyond impressive for an 18 year old game.

So waiting a bit for B&S to cash in more while releasing a more modern game since like a good decision to me.
    IceAge
  • RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    Loke666 said:
    It was cancelled when the code was leaked but that was 10 years ago. This time it got delayed, too much money into it to cancel it a second time. You were right. :)

But with B&S selling so great at the moment an engine change might not be a bad idea. The Lineage IP is the only one competing with the Warcraft IP (not in the west but the first Lineages numbers were insane and it still have been around 4 million players paying a subscription which is beyond impressive for an 18 year old game.

So waiting a bit for B&S to cash in more while releasing a more modern game since like a good decision to me.
    Yeah its a shame that they havent really managed to make a proper sequel to L2, the Lineage IP is one of my favourites. I wish they would just release a modern L2 with all the modcoms of newer games but with some grittiness left like L2 had. Just a reskin of L2 wouldnt work nowadays, but a model closer to EVE where youve got your lowsec hardcore stuff but the game is rich enough that everyone from your casual lurker to the "im always online 24/7" can have fun at varying degrees might work. Not sure if LE is a little bit too far one end.

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    Raven said:
    Loke666 said:

Yeah its a shame that they havent really managed to make a proper sequel to L2, the Lineage IP is one of my favourites. I wish they would just release a modern L2 with all the modcoms of newer games but with some grittiness left like L2 had. Just a reskin of L2 wouldnt work nowadays, but a model closer to EVE where youve got your lowsec hardcore stuff but the game is rich enough that everyone from your casual lurker to the "im always online 24/7" can have fun at varying degrees might work. Not sure if LE is a little bit too far one end.
    Just make LE a true Lineage 1 sequel and everything will be fine.