Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Come Back Campaign Rewards Returnees with Stuff - Rift - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageCome Back Campaign Rewards Returnees with Stuff - Rift - MMORPG.com

Rift News - Former Rift players are being invited to return to the game between now and August 15th. Those who do will receive a nice list of rewards including a costume cape, upgrade items and more. While there, players can take part in Summerfest with special quests, artifact pinatas and lots more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Vorch21Vorch21 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Seriously... Faction, faction faction... tokens, tokens, tokens ... Repetative invasions and rifts with no serious effects on zones... Grind, grind, grind. Thanks, no.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Original release was great, one of the best games for me ever, ... and just like Swtor they have been ruining slowly game with expansions. At least for me. However what I truly hated with 1st expansion and last one is insane increase to regular mobs, every critter is destined for epic fight .... cheap way to keep players in.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172

Vorch21 said:

Seriously... Faction, faction faction... tokens, tokens, tokens ... Repetative invasions and rifts with no serious effects on zones... Grind, grind, grind. Thanks, no.

Lots of factions... lots of tokens.... Both these things are pretty common in MMORPGs. The invasions are meant to be spontaneous events to make the world less static. They were never meant to have serious effects on zones. Repetitive grind is also common in MMORPGs.

Basically your complaints could be applied to many MMORPGs, other than one regarding invasions which is simply an unrealistic expectation on your part that random events would have lasting effects in a MMORPG setting. Changes of that scope would be planned out.

Anyway, I don't see this offer bringing many people back. I expect most of the people that want to be in Rift are currently there. Even if the bribe were to work I doubt it would have lasting effect.