Why are not more people playing this game here ?

Comments

• thunderCthunderC miami flMember UncommonPosts: 883
    edited August 6
    I was told unless you have a absurd amount of free time to avoid this game and that it was pointless to try and play it casually.
    Post edited by thunderC on
  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 26,877
    Wizardry said:
    Kyleran said:
    BruceYee said:
    Kopogeroo said:
    Primary reason sandbox MMORPG with player economy that also has ingame store where you can directly buy infinite printed currency (in this case gold) for $ is a simple and quick cash grab that will ruin the game in the long run. Otherwise I would've actually spend $ on it and tried it.
     At it's foundation, it's the same system that's used in EVE Online.  PLEX didn't ruin EVE Online, and Gold isn't going to ruin Albion Online.
    Also the gold to silver conversion isn't very good. You can farm large amounts of silver in-game even without going into full pvp zones. Buying gold can't pay to win because you have to actually to play the game to level up everything on the destiny board in order to use the items you bought.

@Kyleran - I have yet to see a single hardcore cheater in-game since the headstart. I've seen people using afk bot and possibly farming but that's about it.
    Well I've generally found while every MMORPG has cheaters they rarely impact my game play. 

Of course,  I'm not in the top tier PVP portions of any game, mostly I try to carve out a niche for myself and provide support services where  I can.
    VERY odd,i have never played a game where cheating has not affected game play for everyone.

From pvp to economy to simply being able to race ahead of everyone else and get first dibs on the best loot to being able to out level content and camp Bosses before anyone else,basically eliminating any newcomer from competing in the game to simple things like ranks/.ladders tournaments>>>REAL money etc etc,it is endless how cheating affects games.

As a casual player many people are always way ahead of me, dominating the economy, camping the best spots, blowing thru the raids and crushing me flat in PVP.

This happens in almost every MMORPG which rewards those who are able to play more than me, so it really has no impact whether a small subset cheat their way to the top.

EVE is one of the few MMOs where this didn't really happen, my characters today are only limited by my personal skill (or lack thereof).

Torvalklash2def

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

On hiatus from EVE Online since Dec 2016 - CCP continues to wander aimlessly

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide SwedenMember UncommonPosts: 722
    time007 said:
    I dont know what happened to people on this site. Fortnite ( basically tower defense co-op game, not MMO in any sense ) is more popular than actual one server pvp sandbox mmo.
    100% completely agree.  ppl scream for sandbox, they get it, and they complain.  ppl on here used to say graphics werent the driving factor but now they are all of a sudden.  if you mentioned graphics of etc etc on here, ppl would go to town on you about how its not the driving factor.  so this site has changed hehe.

honestly the game is a blast.  i guess the ppl who played for 2 years in beta are bored of it.  though i scarecly played the beta, so its still fresh to me.  if i play for 2 years and get bored, thats fine.  
    just because you slap a sandbox title on it doesn't mean everyone who wan'ts a sandbox is going to like it. i'm pretty sure not everyone is into the whole moba style they got going with the game for example.

kek

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn belleville, ILMember RarePosts: 3,068
    edited August 7
    thunderC said:
    I was told unless you have a absurd amount of free time to avoid this game and that it was pointless to try and play it casually.
    You may have been misinformed.  I play it casually and am having fun.  It all depends on what you want to get out of it.  If you want to get into the elite fights, then I would say, it's gonna take me a loooonnngggg time.  So if that's your goal, then yea, it'll take a while playing casually.
    Post edited by mgilbrtsn on

Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

• alivenaliven SzczytnoMember UncommonPosts: 299
    mgilbrtsn said:
    thunderC said:
    You may have been misinformed.  I play it casually and am having fun.  It all depends on what you want to get out of it.  If you want to get into the elite fights, then I would say, it's gonna take me a loooonnngggg time.  So if that's your goal, then yea, it'll take a while playing casually.
    Isnt the game build around the concept that to get anywhere it will take long time?
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member EpicPosts: 7,600
    edited August 7
    Not a fan of click to walk. Also for a phone game, IMO it's a little pricey. I know it's multi platform but it looks and plays like a phone game. 
    Post edited by Nanfoodle on
    holdenhamlet

• RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,414
    Nanfoodle said:
    Not of a fan of click to walk. Also for a phone game, IMO it's a little pricey. I know it's multi platform but it looks and plays like a phone game. 
    Well for a phone game the graphics are pretty bad compared toi Nexon's titles even though I don't actively play them.

https://hitmobile.nexon.com/en

So why the graphics are so low in Albion?

GdemamiExcession
    Renoaku said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Not of a fan of click to walk. Also for a phone game, IMO it's a little pricey. I know it's multi platform but it looks and plays like a phone game. 
    Well for a phone game the graphics are pretty bad compared toi Nexon's titles even though I don't actively play them.

Shoestring  budget compared to Nexion, and far less access to reusable development assets is my guess.
    obii

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KajidourdenKajidourden Panama City, FLMember RarePosts: 1,483
    Because despite what people who clamor for these types of games think almost nobody wants to play a full loot PvP game today.
    Kyleran
  • BlazefireBlazefire Salt Lake City, UTMember UncommonPosts: 44
    Blazefire said:
    I have been on the fence with this one... but honestly the graphics, and lack of deep PvE content is really what has been holding me back.
    Not sure why you would be on the fence at all. There's no deep PvE in the game because it's not designed that way. It's never been a focus of the game.  PvE in AO is for training. 

Do people not have the ability to read their website?
    I guess I worded this wrong for some... here let me try again...

I would be MORE likely to try this game IF it had been designed differently, with graphics more suited to my taste, as well as a better mix of PvP and PvE. An example of what I seek could be compared to the model that DAoC used back in the glory days of MMORPG's...  :D

What I meant from that original statement was this is the reason I've yet to give it a try, because I more than likely already know that it wouldn't do it for me long term. I find it hard to believe that you struggled to understand this from my original post.

Oh and yes, I do have the ability to read their website... and actually have thoroughly researched it. Thanks for you taking the time to respond.
  • Loke666Loke666 KalmarMember EpicPosts: 21,017
    thunderC said:
    Heh, none MMOers say that about the entire genre and have said it since M59 came out.

But the more PvP a game have the harder it tends to be playing it casual, or that is at least my experience.
  • xpiherxpiher Indianapolis, INMember UncommonPosts: 3,301
    Renoaku said:
    Nanfoodle said:

Because they have to display more characters and mobs on a screen than any nexon game..

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

edited August 10
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/68915-Albion-Informer-S1E06-The-Iron-Bank-Drama-Are-Gold-Sellers-Costing-You-Silver/?postID=647616#post647616

The Iron Ban Incident, another big flaw in the game, and the moderators / Admins trying to sweep it all under but it wasn't able to be done.

If I understand correctly gold sellers can bid on plots and completely screw over players.

Basically they said it could never be done again so if someone pays illegal money for land you can lose everything );.

Why do they not take care of the problem where it is prevent gold from being exchanged to silver immediately.

Post edited by Renoaku on
    GdemamiExcession
  • RegnorRegnor Redmond, WAMember UncommonPosts: 62

Because it's not fun? The dungeons are ugly, simplistic and repetitive with little to no diversity. The grind is phenomenal, you haven't met a grind until you've played Albion Online into higher tiers. Some great ideas throughout (Hellgates) and a nice set of gathering, crafting and farming *ideas*, but generally poor execution on every one of them. Disappointing.

I soooooo wanted to love this game and get into it, and was around for all the betas and the release. But eventually I gave up and moved over to the PoE 3.0 release and haven't looked back.

TorvalKyleran

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• EnikEnik Member UncommonPosts: 98
    I was fooled into believing that Albion was "just like EVE" Online, because of various forum posts here on mmorpg.com.

So I bought early access and after less than 20 hours I realized I was bored and had done everything the game had to offer. Whereas in EVE I am 1000 + hours in, since 2009, and still have barely scratched the surface in some ways.

Albion is a tablet game. A browser game. It's probably the most disappointing game I've played in a decade.
    GdemamiTorvaldarkhearts
  • ZigZagsZigZags CaliforniaMember UncommonPosts: 370
    edited August 10
    The game is only online 50% of the time, that could be a reason. Also the game cant handle more than 100 players in 1 zone which is about 1/5 of what is actually happening so the game is unplayable the way it was designed to be played. Incompetence. 
    Post edited by ZigZags on
    GdemamiKylerandarkhearts

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• SedrynTyrosSedrynTyros USMember EpicPosts: 1,996
    The DDOS attacks are going to destroy this game if Sandbox Interactive doesn't get a handle on stopping them.
    blueturtle13CrazKanukTorvalforcelima
  • chaintmchaintm Chicago, ILMember UncommonPosts: 953
    hearing this did it for me...

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

edited August 12
    Albion Online's new User Agreement / Threat to ban players who accept items given by other people without the user of Real Money?

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/70017-Really-SBI/?pageNo=1

So finally the company acknowledges that people give away items in attempt to get others banned, or commit fraud, and innocent people can unknowingly lose their accounts?

So basically if someone is on "Team Speak" for example or "Discord" and talks to another user of their guild they want banned and be like I have an alt, and that alt has a different IP address and they commit fraud then give away thhe items to the player or trick someone else into accepting the person just using an in game function can lose their account.

I mean all you have to do is "BRB" Let me log on my other character I got the stuff on there im going to give you on discord, and the guild member will think such u log on a different account and give away stolen goods they accept in good faith hand banned.

Anyone else see a problem with this?
    Excession
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member RarePosts: 1,087
    Renoaku said:
    Albion Online's new User Agreement / Threat to ban players who accept items given by other people without the user of Real Money?

So finally the company acknowledges that people give away items in attempt to get others banned, or commit fraud, and innocent people can unknowingly lose their accounts?

So basically if someone is on "Team Speak" for example or "Discord" and talks to another user of their guild they want banned and be like I have an alt, and that alt has a different IP address and they commit fraud then give away thhe items to the player or trick someone else into accepting the person just using an in game function can lose their account.

I mean all you have to do is "BRB" Let me log on my other character I got the stuff on there im going to give you on discord, and the guild member will think such u log on a different account and give away stolen goods they accept in good faith hand banned.

No one except you and all the other people who do shady things.

People join guilds, use the market and don't accept tens of millions of silver from a complete stranger like you did.
    MrMelGibson
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Boca Raton, FLMember EpicPosts: 7,546
    Renoaku said:

You actually made me more likely to try this than I was before.  A game getting serious about gold sellers?  Yes please!!!
    ForgrimmMarcus-NycteliosKyleranMrMelGibson

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

edited August 14
    BruceYee said:
    Renoaku said:

No one except you and all the other people who do shady things.

People join guilds, use the market and don't accept tens of millions of silver from a complete stranger like you did.
    Thanks haven't checked this thread for awhile, but this is quite easy to get someone into trouble, lets say for example, I am a member in a guild and the "Guild Master" is asking for help  in "Team Speak, or Discord.

For example.

Guild Masters name is "BOB"

He says he needs like 50k gold, or a bunch of various items.

So on discord, I basically am talking to him and I really hate BOB I want to make him go away.

So I tell him "Sure BOB, I can give you 50k gold, or (X) items you need and help you, I have to hop on my other character.

"So basically I actually change accounts, and chracters, I hop on my VPN so they can't link it to my main account, and I commit an act of Fraud, and give the guy 50k currency, or other items which came from an account, perhaps even run a hack or bot to cheat the game on that specific account before giving him the items and even report myself for cheating anonymously or whatever theres various methods of this.

"BOB" Gets banned for accepting currency or items from an illegal gold sellers account, meanwhile I am free to now take over "BOB's" guild.

Meanwhile in BOB's defense there is no proof or chat logs in game because we were on discord, he tries to appeal and it gets denied.

See why this can be a problem, I do agree for the most part people will be using the "I was gifted thing" to commit fraud and try to lie their way out of it, but the smaller percent even 1-2% of those people such as myself who just traded for outside favors, or received currency or items from whom we believed to be friends get punished this is what I don't agree with and I think their company needs to do a better job, at preventing the cheaters from being able to do this type of activity in the first place.

I have no problem with the company banning gold sellers, or gold buyers when it can be proven 100%, and I never trade with such people knowingly so I am all for it when SBI tried to keep a cheat free game.

Although lets look at the other fact.

When I personally got into trouble myself, this was during the final beta before launch, the developer said that the currency I got came from a "Fradulent" Charge from some other jackass who decided to do illegal activity which I did not knowingly know about or trade with, but regardless the developers knew about it.

What is the developers fault?

How the game was allowed to go "Live" when they knew the game had a lot of gold sellers doing illegal activity, instead they could have launched the game still but disabled "Gold to silver trading", until the came up with a better solution to prevent illegal gold sellers from committing fraud, and ruining the in game economy, but instead they didn't do this and my question is why they didn't.

And because of this we have "The Iron Bank Incident", which had nothing to do with me but gold sellers supposedly illegally bid on their property and now they need a bunch of currency refunded and plots, which btw could have been prevented too.

So meanwhile becauseof all this not done on launch properly the cheaters have already skilled up their accounts and cheated "Unfairly" gaining a huge advatnage over all the legitimate players.

I know obviously I am at fault for accepting a trade in good faith totally my fault for trusting others as I should be able to in online games, but there is much that could have been prevented in this game in regards to the whole fraud and whales cheating hard-core bidding on plots and laundering currency.

ExcessionKyleranGdemami
  • boris20boris20 Woodward, OKMember UncommonPosts: 136
    Just couldnt find a real reason to play the game. Have about 70 hours logged. got tired of not really having a point to it, and as a smaller team player, the end game gvg stuff didnt appeal to me. 
    KyleranTorval
    boris20 said:
    Just couldnt find a real reason to play the game. Have about 70 hours logged. got tired of not really having a point to it, and as a smaller team player, the end game gvg stuff didnt appeal to me. 
    You get an awesome for the simple and terse explanation.

Heck, I'll toss in  +1 too.

;)

• VinterkrigVinterkrig BOSTON, MAMember UncommonPosts: 1,680
    I bought it, played in beta for a while.. too much of a grind, I just don't enjoy the never ending resource grind. 
    darkhearts