Why are not more people playing this game here ?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 26,891
    Love full loot pvp, I'm on the fence about this one because its targeted to mobile users as well which screams downgrade to me. I think 30 is too high for a mobile game, ill wait till it goes on sale If I haven't found anything by that time. Isometric view is ok with me but not my favorite either.
    Just because it supports tablets does not make it a "phone game."

It's  well worth $30 dollars if you enjoy the gameplay it offers.
    BruceYeeMrMelGibsonPhaserlightTorvalMarcus-

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

On hiatus from EVE Online since Dec 2016 - CCP continues to wander aimlessly

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LobotomistLobotomist ZagrebMember RarePosts: 5,663
    Love full loot pvp, I'm on the fence about this one because its targeted to mobile users as well which screams downgrade to me. I think 30 is too high for a mobile game, ill wait till it goes on sale If I haven't found anything by that time. Isometric view is ok with me but not my favorite either.
    It is basically more simple ( you dont need PHD ) version of EVE , with much more enjoyable combat.

Combat is MOBA like and aside form simplified graphic ( which I personally quite like ) there is nothing that screams mobile game at all.
    BruceYeeMrMelGibsonforcelima

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Tucson, AZMember UncommonPosts: 209
    Ok, ill give it a little more effort then. Ill look at some current gameplay, read some info on the classes and see. I'm not against the game by any means :smile:
    MrMelGibson
  • CazrielCazriel San Francisco, CAMember UncommonPosts: 246
    Coated said:
    Forced PVP makes me not play.
    Well, that's good because the game isn't designed for players like you.

That's right; which is why I don't play.  After years of MMOing, I've stopped being interested in games that I can tell I won't like.  Such as OW full loot PvP games.  Games like this add PvE for a diversion, but any primarily PvE player that chooses to play one hasn't yet learned the golden rule of so-called sandboxes, you're just there to make a target rich environment for the real players.

Right now, there's a glut of PvP focused games, which for the most part use the term "sandbox" to convey that it's a PvP game rather than actually saying, "Hey, we're all about the PvP" because they need players who don't get that it's all about the PvP to sustain the game.

The cream will rise to the top, however.  Provided they get out of beta and early access and actually commit to launch.  (Yes, AO did just launch.)     
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Grah, ALMember RarePosts: 1,065
    Way too repetitive, even by MMO standards.
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 674
     Average fps with 1080ti in 100 vs 100 battles is around 5-15 fps. Long log in queues as well. It needs work, but it's worth $30 if you like that sort of mmo.  Subscription is also pretty much required if you actually want to progress this year.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Boca Raton, FLMember RarePosts: 2,223
    Moirae said:
    Yeah, I paid the money and hated it almost from the moment it loaded. Wish I could get my money back. Everything about it feels wrong. It's a mobile game, not a true MMO. The camera view is insane. The graphics are incredibly primitive. There has to be more to it than that but I just really hated it. It doesn't help that not a tiny bit of it feels like Albion. 
    There are true mobile MMOs, for what it's worth. 

"To be what you are not, experience what you are not." -Saint John of the Cross
    Authored 131 missions in Vendetta Online
    Check it out on Steam

• alivenaliven SzczytnoMember UncommonPosts: 302
    bentrim said:
    Once AGAIN... OWPVP, has a VERY limited market. You would think that devs would FINALLY learn that in an MMORPG, MOST people HATE PVP!!
    False. Most people dislike open world pvp because it is heaven for gankers and griefers. If people didnt like pvp the MOBA genre would die before it began. People just like fair play. 
    ScambugSedrynTyrosOctagon7711URMAKERnatpickAethaerynConstantineMerus
  • WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaMember EpicPosts: 13,200
    Kyleran said:
    BruceYee said:
    Kopogeroo said:
    Primary reason sandbox MMORPG with player economy that also has ingame store where you can directly buy infinite printed currency (in this case gold) for $ is a simple and quick cash grab that will ruin the game in the long run. Otherwise I would've actually spend $ on it and tried it.
     At it's foundation, it's the same system that's used in EVE Online.  PLEX didn't ruin EVE Online, and Gold isn't going to ruin Albion Online.
    Also the gold to silver conversion isn't very good. You can farm large amounts of silver in-game even without going into full pvp zones. Buying gold can't pay to win because you have to actually to play the game to level up everything on the destiny board in order to use the items you bought.

@Kyleran - I have yet to see a single hardcore cheater in-game since the headstart. I've seen people using afk bot and possibly farming but that's about it.
    Well I've generally found while every MMORPG has cheaters they rarely impact my game play. 

Of course,  I'm not in the top tier PVP portions of any game, mostly I try to carve out a niche for myself and provide support services where  I can.
    VERY odd,i have never played a game where cheating has not affected game play for everyone.

From pvp to economy to simply being able to race ahead of everyone else and get first dibs on the best loot to being able to out level content and camp Bosses before anyone else,basically eliminating any newcomer from competing in the game to simple things like ranks/.ladders tournaments>>>REAL money etc etc,it is endless how cheating affects games.

However to first see the game and wonder if it is worth playing has nothing to do with cheating because we wouldn't know that yet.Instead i had a good friend who loved the game,so i watched him play on twitch for a few months.What i saw was a game i did not want to play and it did nothing to grow on me over time and eventually my friend quit for good which really makes a statement because he loved it a lot.

I see a lot of people complain about GRIND,that idea has never made sense because anything FUN would not be called a grind,so what exactly and why are some people playing games,to SPEED...RACE or to have fun?What people SHOULD be saying is that it simply was not fun,grind is a badly used term.
    Cazriel

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• RofusEURofusEU Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I was planning on playing Albion Online with some friends but then we heard that there's too much grind involved. Week after the launch I asked from 2 guys if the game is fun and they both basically answered the same "I don't know, I'm still grinding for gear" :joy:
    Raquis
  • ScambugScambug EUMember UncommonPosts: 575
    PvP has no room for solo play. It's join a zerg or gtfo. Not my cup of tea.
    DeVoDeVo
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 15,057
    edited August 6
    Ridelynn said:
    I looked into it. 

I'm only interested in PVE for the most part. I don't care about PVP Sandbox oriented games at all, I don't mind some sandboxiness in my games, but I'm mostly a carebear theme park goer. I'm really not interested in a game where I'm more or less stuck unless I happen upon a Guild to take me under their wing, and for me, the more story and lore in a game, the more I tend to get drawn to it.

I'm ok with the graphics. I think the cross-mobile thing has a lot of potential. 

I'm not paying a box fee to find out if I like the game or not though. Particularly since I'm not very fond of most Sandbox games out there.
    I wouldn't recommend buying it for now. The pve is shallow and the crafting is kind of like a casual clicker.

The game isn't a sandbox either. You can't interact with most of the environment except harvesting nodes and mobs. The "sandboxy" part comes from the aspect that you can learn and wield any weapon and armour combo. There is this part where you can build structures on your instanced island (house plot), instanced guild island (guild plot), or in towns. But they're all predesignated sizes and functions and they go on the equivalent of housing hooks - pre-defined lots that can take certain structure types.

There are a few others coming out in this vein (Shards or whatever it's called now). I would recommend waiting to see what they offer. This is a guild vs guild territory battle game with flexible character build mechanics and that's about it.
    Post edited by Torval on
    blueturtle13MrMelGibson
    The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Avatar Artist: Howard Blake, Peter Auty (vocalist)
    Album: The Snowman
    Featured Tracks: Walking in the Air
  • AHarmlessKitty1923AHarmlessKitty1923 Member CommonPosts: 2
    Because SBI doesn't have any proper security, and "Breaking News" SBI admits to being blackmailed...

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/67211-DDOS-Blackmailing-UPDATE-UTC-19-20/?pageNo=1

wonder who is behind it...

It can't be Lizard Squad?

Gdemami
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,092
    edited August 6
    Because SBI doesn't have any proper security, and "Breaking News" SBI admits to being blackmailed...

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/67211-DDOS-Blackmailing-UPDATE-UTC-19-20/?pageNo=1

The dev didn't give any reassurances that they were working on a solution in that post (or any posts afterwards, apparently, besides filing a report with the police).  Hopefully that was just an oversight because if they really are helpless to defend against a DDOSer like this, then that's just... well, embarassing.
    Post edited by Tiamat64 on
    Gdemami
  • natpicknatpick stockton/ u.kMember UncommonPosts: 202
    got hacked first week still not got acount back,sandbox cs is terrible and feel they dont value customers as there should,lost intrest quick.
    Gdemami

• RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,425
    edited August 6
    natpick said:
    got hacked first week still not got acount back,sandbox cs is terrible and feel they dont value customers as there should,lost intrest quick.
    ); sorry to hear about that, did they even get back to you or just the generic reply stuff, obviously I cant illicit any illegal activities, but someone has it out for this company, and SBI really believes legal action can work against gold sellers when Bit Coin exists and they would just change the methods and stuff.

I really wish they would fix customer service and the game, but I too have moved to ESO for now been playing the last few days it's been great.
    Post edited by Renoaku on
    Gdemami
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,580
    Because the game is shallow AF.  All you do, essentially, is grind your crafting skills until you can make tier 10 gear.  That's it.  Oh, and build a house.  The game should have been what Ultima Online was.  But it's not.  It never can be, because of the poorly designed world.  Loading zones.  Poorly designed map tiles.  Lack of water environment, so no ships.  It's way too boring.
    Gdemami
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,425
    edited August 6
    DAS1337 said:
    Because the game is shallow AF.  All you do, essentially, is grind your crafting skills until you can make tier 10 gear.  That's it.  Oh, and build a house.  The game should have been what Ultima Online was.  But it's not.  It never can be, because of the poorly designed world.  Loading zones.  Poorly designed map tiles.  Lack of water environment, so no ships.  It's way too boring.
    Well Dark Fall has ships and Naval Combat, I think im going to install Rise OF Agon and purchase a subscription shortly and try it again myself see if there is enough players for old times sake, I would say Arche Age, but Trion killed the game.

Although my old Clan is on Dark Fall New Dawn, the ping is just too high for me to be able to play it.
    Post edited by Renoaku on
    Gdemami
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Somewhere in TimeMember EpicPosts: 2,747

Oh look, a new account created just to bash Albion.

MrMelGibson
  • OziiusOziius Baltimore, MDMember UncommonPosts: 1,405
    It's just me I'm sure, but as I've aged I find PvP less fun. I still dig it from time to time, but I really love PvE, story and good questing more then anything else now. I've aged into a carebear it seems lol.
    Cazriel
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 939
    it rocks. im playing it.  but it costs money for premium and also i think its not a themepark.  but there are tons of ppl playing, it seems packed when i play.  

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn belleville, ILMember RarePosts: 3,068
    The complaints about grind are definitely true.  I personally don't mind it.  However, I'm one of those ppl who can spend hours tunneling in minecraft.  If you truly don't like grind, it might not be for u.  Me, I grind and I get together with a few guildies to do some dungeons or try to find some pvp, or gather chests, or whatever.  There is a a lot to do, but it's stuff that is self motivated.  The game doesn't push you into anything.  This is a turn off for a lot of ppl who want that structure of quests.  Nothing wrong with that, I enjoy those also.

My impression of the devs is that they listen to the community (not slavishly where they do everything that everyone wants, for those who will cry that they didn't implement what EVERYBODY was complaining about).  I have no doubt that the game will get better with time.

From their comments, they probably would have liked to have more time, but they set a line in the sand and while the community says that companies should wait to put out a product even if they miss a deadline because a good game is worth the wait.  Sadly, what ppl say and do are two completely different things.  PPL want the games as soon as possible and if the devs push back deadlines, all hell will break loose.  
    TorvalMarcus-

Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 939
    edited August 6
    I dont know what happened to people on this site. Fortnite ( basically tower defense co-op game, not MMO in any sense ) is more popular than actual one server pvp sandbox mmo.
    100% completely agree.  ppl scream for sandbox, they get it, and they complain.  ppl on here used to say graphics werent the driving factor but now they are all of a sudden.  if you mentioned graphics of etc etc on here, ppl would go to town on you about how its not the driving factor.  so this site has changed hehe.

honestly the game is a blast.  i guess the ppl who played for 2 years in beta are bored of it.  though i scarecly played the beta, so its still fresh to me.  if i play for 2 years and get bored, thats fine.  
    Post edited by time007 on

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.

• cagancagan new jersey, NJMember UncommonPosts: 350
    I was in Beta, after horrible and grindy gameplay I left. PvP consists of zerging smaller groups. Bigger groups just spam keys and win due to lag. Game itself is super grindy. It is not worth its current fee and will soon go down due to low number of players. Hold on for few months to buy it for 9.99, and then another few more months and it will most likely be another cash shop F2P game.
  • SedrynTyrosSedrynTyros USMember EpicPosts: 2,005
    I'm having fun with the game so far, but the recent DDOS attacks are a bit of bummer.