Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Frozen North Expansion on August 16th + XBox One News - Conan Exiles - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Frozen North Expansion on August 16th + XBox One News - Conan Exiles - MMORPG.com

Conan Exiles News - Funcom has announced The Frozen North as the first expansion to Conan Exiles. The game world will grow by 70% and comes packed with new content and a host of game improvements. The Frozen North will go live on August 16th.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    This looks actually.. pretty cool. I don't even own the game but I'd be excited about this if I did.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Can't argue with the price! :-)

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    It's in early access, had they decided to charge for it, it would be highway robbery. Everything they add in early access SHOULD be free. Post official launch, well that's a different story depending on the size of stuff they add
    CrazKanuk
  • Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266
    Before the topic goes up in flames I just wanted to say a quick prayer, please god don't let this game be the successor to Age of Conan. Amen.

Now I'm surprised they're doing this considering the back lash that Ark received for it but I guess this proves that the profit was greater than the back lash?
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited August 2017
    Mange1 said:
    Before the topic goes up in flames I just wanted to say a quick prayer, please god don't let this game be the successor to Age of Conan. Amen.

Now I'm surprised they're doing this considering the back lash that Ark received for it but I guess this proves that the profit was greater than the back lash?
    Actually, a TON of people bought the Ark DLCs. Pretty much everyone who played Ark got the DLC (at least the desert one that name is escaping me...Scorched Earth I think?). The only people angry were people who stopped playing pretty much or didn't like the game to begin with, and I guess a few people who did play that were angry they had to pay an expansion.

But for the last one, every game that releases expansions or DLC (like paradox games, Crusader Kings/Europa universalis etc) gets a bunch of angry people because oh no, they don't get it for free lol.

It has nothing to do with early access having DLC attached. CK2/EU4 as stated above, are released games that also get heavily hated on because of DLC. Because people cry and complain when it isn't free and they have to spend money on DLC.

The drama with Ark expansions was a bunch of nothingburger

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Looks good. Maybe im gonna try it, bought it at first dat of EA but never played it. :open_mouth:

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    I think ill still wait for magic or necromancy or some sort of update to combat to make it more interesting.
  • wgc01wgc01 Member UncommonPosts: 241
    edited August 2017
    Looking forward to it I hope at some point you can have more than 40 people on a server and still have descent performance, there are some cool things yet to come mounts, the thrall system, necromancer and magic, and the purge, all great things for the game, I have never really been into survival games, but I like world of Conan and the music, played AOC for long time, long time mmo/rpg player here since the early days of EQ the original, I like the sandbox and kind of do your own thing in the survival games. Will see what the future brings as much as I am looking forward to it I know it can take a bad turn as well :(