Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Valnir Rok Closed Alpha This Weekend, Here's How to Sign Up - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageValnir Rok Closed Alpha This Weekend, Here's How to Sign Up - MMORPG.com News

If you've been dying to take on the role of a fierce Viking warrior just trying to survive in a harsh land, this weekend may be your ticket. Valnir Rok is holding a closed alpha event beginning Friday, August 4th and running through Sunday, August 6th. All you have to do is head to the special closed alpha registration site and sign your name on the dotted line and hope to be one of the chosen 1000. The event will be under NDA so if you can't keep lips zipped, you may want to pass.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Watched the trailer. All I could focus on was the shitty combat animations àla Darkfall.

Think I'll wait for release.
    Laviota

• m1tchkm1tchk Member UncommonPosts: 26
    thank you!
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Meh, still waiting for the Fraggle Rock MMO.
    Octagon7711DavodtheTutt
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Living in your own underground cities, diggin' your own tunnels, stealin' turnips and radishes from giants, and gazing down the deep deep dark dark deep dark pit!
    MightyUncleanPhryOctagon7711
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    file this under why not
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

Myrdynn said:

file this under why not

Sorry, but I've already filed in under WHY?
    Phry

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    This game is going to be awesome. It will be a blend of Survival / MMORPG.

Dragnelus
    Aren't survival games already an MMORPG off-shoot?
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Tiamat64 said:
    I would say that is true. More specifically an off-shoot of RPG but yeah

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

Tiamat64 said:

at this point i feel like survival games are closer to what MMOs should of been, actual worlds. and MMOs have turned into single player games with que up dungeons. more like a lobby game.
    LaviotaSovrathMikeha
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Tiamat64 said:
    Living in your own underground cities, diggin' your own tunnels, stealin' turnips and radishes from giants, and gazing down the deep deep dark dark deep dark pit!
    There have been games made from even worse premises, and, it does sound like it might be fun :p
    Phry said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    There have been games made from even worse premises, and, it does sound like it might be fun :p
    Truthfully, my post wasn't meant to come across as implying it wouldn't be fun.  I too think an MMO like that might actually make for a rather innovative and neat approach to an MMO if done right.

Maybe it could even be like Dwarf Fortress where BAD THINGS could happen if you dig where no living thing was ever meant to dig...
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    In a lot of ways, survival games remind me of persistent worlds in Neverwinter Nights.
    Octagon7711

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ScoliozScolioz Member UncommonPosts: 110
    edited August 2017
    how the hell do you play this stupid game? I have an email with a key to play.. it says register the key to Steam.. but this game doesn't even exist on steam.. what a cluster fuck
  • RobrakRobrak Member UncommonPosts: 1

Valnir Rok - Closed Alpha delayed

We wanted to let you know that your Steam key for the Valnir Rok Closed Alpha is not working at the moment. We received keys for a different version of the game. We are already in contact with Steam and we will try to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Another e-mail with a new Steam key will be sent to you as soon as possible so we can start our Closed Alpha Test. In order to compensate the lost time we will extend the Closed Alpha accordingly.

We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience...

i got this after i got the key
    SBFord
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

Wont say more

still doesnt exist on steam fwiw
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited August 2017
    This appears to be a STEAM issue, not the devs. They're still working with Steam to get the right keys.

Seems like Loki tricked us :(
    We are facing different difficulties with the new Steam Keys.

We will keep you informed as soon as we have a 100% solution!

We are really sorry for the inconvenience!

https://www.facebook.com/valnir.rok/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited August 2017
    Good keys are send, downloading it now.

Downloaded it fast, already done. 
    Sovrath

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Scolioz said:
    how the hell do you play this stupid game? I have an email with a key to play.. it says register the key to Steam.. but this game doesn't even exist on steam.. what a cluster fuck
    open steam
    Go to the top left menu options and you will see "steam view friends games help"

click on games
    click on "activate a product on steam".

it will have you agree to a thing and then enter your code.

Keep in mind, some of the codes weren't good so they had to resend them.

MyrdynnDragnelusDavodtheTutt
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    ty Sovrath, I never have added a game that way
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2017

Watched the trailer. All I could focus on was the shitty combat animations àla Darkfall.

Think I'll wait for release.

Well i won't argue either way but i will point to Player battle grounds.Probably some of the worst player animations i have ever seen,not even worthy of amateur status,they look simply awful,yet that game is often top 5/6 in twitch,it is really sad that people are supporting terrible amateur work now a days.
    Where this game fails right out the gate is when i see that marker over a npc head.This removes any notion there is some role play or realism in an immersive way.
    You are not going up to that npc to converse,your real objective was to click the marker to get a quest.
    The fact these type of devs just don't "get it" turns me right off.Game immersion is more than generating a world of trees and bushes and land textures,you are suppose to create the realistic feeling you would have as a character in this world. That would NOT include some marker over a person's head.
    DavodtheTutt

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    no working paragraphs,nice only been a problem like since day 1,would be nice to see someone care for once.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited August 2017
    DrunkWolf said:

Tiamat64 said:

at this point i feel like survival games are closer to what MMOs should of been, actual worlds. and MMOs have turned into single player games with que up dungeons. more like a lobby game.

One of the main reasons I am looking forward to Age Of Wushu 2. Its will be a Survival MMORPG and its going to be awesome if they can pull off what they are going for. 
  • m1tchkm1tchk Member UncommonPosts: 26
    edited August 2017
    the way the character walks kills it