Some serious discrepancy between Steam Chart numbers and in-game server numbers

DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 17,150
edited July 31 in Black Desert Online
So currently the Steam channels are all showing blank (not crowded) status but Steam charts show 18K steam players in game...

Last month 18K steam players was shown as either all channels Crowded or 2 overcrowded and 2 crowded.

So 18K players on steam charts is not showing correctly on how many players are actually in GAME according to BDO's own "crowded" numbers:

Look for yourself - this is the current status:




Bottom line - steam numbers reported as "playing" are way off.
Post edited by DMKano on
dracomunGdemamiMrMelGibsonTokken

Comments

  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread PshMember RarePosts: 6,422
    Or the server representation of numbers is way off...
    LeFantome
  • NycteliosNyctelios Novo Hamburgo - RS - BrazilMember EpicPosts: 2,257
    Sorry, way off by too many or less than it should?

    " Tawnos's blueprints were critical to the creation of my armor. As he once sealed himself in steel, I sealed myself in a walking crypt. "
    —Urza

    - Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102
  • dracomundracomun Toledo, OHMember UncommonPosts: 91
    Easy answer is you can play on any channel from steam client. You are free to switch channels at anytime they are not servers. Olvia channels give 200% xp but you only have access to them for the first 30 days or after you've not logged in for 30 days. The majority have  lost access to olvia  steam channels and now play on regular channels. The olvia steam channels will be made into normal channels with time.
  • DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 17,150
    dracomun said:
    Easy answer is you can play on any channel from steam client. You are free to switch channels at anytime they are not servers. Olvia channels give 200% xp but you only have access to them for the first 30 days or after you've not logged in for 30 days. The majority have  lost access to olvia  steam channels and now play on regular channels. The olvia steam channels will be made into normal channels with time.

    Yep - this makes sense - well it seems that the sales have slowed down so not enough new players to fill the steam channels.

    Question - if you are a steam player and you stop playing for 30+ days, can you come back on Steam channels?

    I know that any player can stop for 30+ days and come back to Olvia 200% XP channels but not sure how it works for Olvia_Steam channels
  • dracomundracomun Toledo, OHMember UncommonPosts: 91
    DMKano said:
    dracomun said:
    Easy answer is you can play on any channel from steam client. You are free to switch channels at anytime they are not servers. Olvia channels give 200% xp but you only have access to them for the first 30 days or after you've not logged in for 30 days. The majority have  lost access to olvia  steam channels and now play on regular channels. The olvia steam channels will be made into normal channels with time.

    Yep - this makes sense - well it seems that the sales have slowed down so not enough new players to fill the steam channels.

    Question - if you are a steam player and you stop playing for 30+ days, can you come back on Steam channels?

    I know that any player can stop for 30+ days and come back to Olvia 200% XP channels but not sure how it works for Olvia_Steam channels
    I don't know to be honest and I couldn't find anything concrete when I searched so i'd just be guessing if i answered.
  • DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 17,150
    dracomun said:
    DMKano said:
    dracomun said:
    Easy answer is you can play on any channel from steam client. You are free to switch channels at anytime they are not servers. Olvia channels give 200% xp but you only have access to them for the first 30 days or after you've not logged in for 30 days. The majority have  lost access to olvia  steam channels and now play on regular channels. The olvia steam channels will be made into normal channels with time.

    Yep - this makes sense - well it seems that the sales have slowed down so not enough new players to fill the steam channels.

    Question - if you are a steam player and you stop playing for 30+ days, can you come back on Steam channels?

    I know that any player can stop for 30+ days and come back to Olvia 200% XP channels but not sure how it works for Olvia_Steam channels
    I don't know to be honest and I couldn't find anything concrete when I searched so i'd just be guessing if i answered.

    If Steam players can't go back to Olvia_Steam channels - then those are going to just be mostly empty channels as time goes on - they should consider consolidating those sooner than later.
  • free2playfree2play Toronto, ONMember UncommonPosts: 1,983
    Olvia Steam was a 30 day honeymoon if you will.

    If the player number stayed at 18K it means very few people quit after the first month and as DMKano pointed out, the steam servers will become ghost towns as new accounts decline.
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 674
    edited August 3
     Because the new servers have Bonus EXP for new players. Returning players who have been inactive for more than 30 days have access and new players under level 58 have access.

     Once they pass 58 or 30 days game time as returning, they no longer get access to those bonus servers.  Steam players can play on any servers till they are 58 plus then they can't go to those servers anymore. They are there for helping new players, not to house the entire steam market. 

    P.S. At least it's not as dead as Archeage.  :*
    Post edited by Realizer on
    MrMelGibson
  • GolelornGolelorn Hiding From Social Media Peeping Toms, ALMember UncommonPosts: 1,320
    edited August 25
    It only shows people signed in from Steam. I rarely ever load a game from steam. Most of the games I play show less than an hour played on steam, and that is not true. Maybe that is it?
    Post edited by Golelorn on
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAMember RarePosts: 3,557
    Or they upped server capacities, or upped the amount to flag the server as crowded. It's impossible to tell based on steam numbers and server flags for how crowded they are. 

    It's like when WoW changed the server capacities and the amount to flag as medium or heavy or locked when Legion came out, and then once the MASS amounts of people stopped logging in as much, everything was at a low pop. When in reality before it would still be medium or heavy but they changed the amounts.
Sign In or Register to comment.