Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Razer Thresher Ultimate: The New Standard for Wireless Gaming Headsets - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageRazer Thresher Ultimate: The New Standard for Wireless Gaming Headsets - MMORPG.com

A wireless headset that verges on the cusp of commercial and professional. Gamers rejoice as Razer is looking to bridge that gap. The Razer Thresher Wireless Headset gives you audio quality both in headphone and microphone that make it one of the nicest headsets you’ll ever game with.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    not worth the price
    you paying for a brand not actuall stuff
    [Deleted User]AllerleirauhAsm0deusqoma
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Any voice playback support so I don't feel like I'm talking with plugged ears? :-D
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496

saurus123 said:

not worth the price

Very true, but I do love wireless headsets.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    Now put on some Senniheisers and be blown away at how shit sounding those razer ones are!
    HatefullAsm0deusrertezTiller
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    These aren't headphones, these are flashy gadgets. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • LheiahLheiah Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Ooh, aah....to bad my set is nice also, and paid for. :p

Really looking for someone to come out with something like a nice cumfy helmet with integrated in/out audio, a sliding VR shield that doesn't stick to the face, and forced air.
    sschrupp

Lheiah said:

Ooh, aah....to bad my set is nice also, and paid for. :p

Really looking for someone to come out with something like a nice cumfy helmet with integrated in/out audio, a sliding VR shield that doesn't stick to the face, and forced air.

Get that kickstarter rolling!
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • kevikevkevikev Member CommonPosts: 1
    Would you mind recording another mic test at different ranges away from the base station? Also, is the base the only way to connect wirelessly or will this also connect directly to the XBox via the XBox Wireless protocol?
  • xxBoneZxxxxBoneZxx Member UncommonPosts: 124

Stizzled said:

I'm willing to bet they aren't better than my SteelSeries Arctis 7s. Best wireless headset I've ever owned, and one of the cheapest.

Would like to try those Arctis 7's, but reviewers say there is little to no bass. I needs my bass.
    StoneRoses
  • GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793
    Kasey is an audio engineer by day. He owns professional grade equipment. If anything, I think he would be more likely to pick up on deficiencies than your average user. That he liked it so much says a lot, IMO.
    Gdemami
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    edited July 2017
    Hashbrick said:
    Now put on some Senniheisers and be blown away at how shit sounding those razer ones are!
    I do not care much for Wireless, I use V-Moda and I won't own another headset. They are the best sounding, most comfortable set I have ever owned. Sennheiser makes a very nice headset.

I have tried Razor crap and I don't like the feel of anything they make. I have literally had one of their optical mice come a part in my hand. Just junk imo.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    I will stick with wired at that price.  You can buy a GTX 1060 for less than that price.  Strictly for people with money to burn.
  • Dead_GuyDead_Guy Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Razer products are composed of 90% recycled plastic spoons. They will literally fall apart on you in 6 months or less. Buy a pair of Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic headphones, they will last you a decade if you treat them well.
    Reizla
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    saurus123 said:
    not worth the price
    Not entirely sure that's true. There are very few gaming headphones with a dynamic range of 12-28k Hz and I would certainly be interested to test them myself. Sadly though, they look like on-ear instead of over-ear headphones (I might be mistaken, but they look pretty small) which is a no-no for me. Also, being Razer it might mean they are $/€250 or something for which price I might as well buy an Audio-technica top-line headset...
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Dead_Guy said:
    Razer products are composed of 90% recycled plastic spoons. They will literally fall apart on you in 6 months or less. Buy a pair of Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic headphones, they will last you a decade if you treat them well.
    Bought a BeyerDynamic DT990 back in 1988 and they're still working perfectly. I only had to replace the ear cushions once. Even the dynamic range (5-35K) is still awesome and I still use them when listening to 80s/90s LPs.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Hashbrick said:

Sennheiser really does make the best headphones. Mine aren't wireless but I have an older pair and they have lasted longer than any other pair of gaming headset I have ever owned, going on 8 years now. Paired with Dolby Atmos for headphones and it's like sitting in a theater. The mic is is crystal clear yet doesn't pick up random background noise. I doubt I will buy anything else for another 5 years.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• jarosujojarosujo Member UncommonPosts: 12
    https://en-us.sennheiser.com/pc-gaming-headset

Here pick any according to your budget, if you want the best sound quality. I have Game One and it's sound is fantastic, almost as good as HD598 which I use for music.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I don't know about you guys, but I hate wearing headphones, drives me crazy
    [Deleted User]OzmodanTheScavenger

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    I've been contemplating a set of headphones for home use for a while now.

Typically, I see it the same way as @laserit and @Torval do: a distraction at best, when I could otherwise be enjoying better sound quality from my pair of bookshelf speakers.

However, now I can kind of see where that bit of isolation wouldn't necessarily be such a bad thing. My gaming time is much more limited than it once was; wife, kids, dogs, etc all in the background.

Thinking about it anyway. My son uses a cheap set of headphones when he plays on the computer (we all have our computers in the same room at home), maybe I'll borrow those for a bit and see what I think.
    [Deleted User]
    edited July 2017
    jarosujo said:
    https://en-us.sennheiser.com/pc-gaming-headset

Here pick any according to your budget, if you want the best sound quality. I have Game One and it's sound is fantastic, almost as good as HD598 which I use for music.
    I have the Game Zero's I got them on sale for $130 though best damn deal I ever got.  I'm sure the Razer ones are decent but they are in two different worlds. Putting on Sennheisers just makes you an audiophile you never thought you were.  Not only is the sound quality out of this world, but the build quality is amazing.  You won't have to buy a new headset for years.  Uses actual metal hardware and freeform ear spin.  

Before that I use to religiously buy turtle beaches but was sick of how quick (within 6mths) they would crack in half with the terrible plastic build quality.  Just taking them on and off again would cause it to stress crack.  Razers have that same kind of build quality.  Never again.
  • khushbukhushbu Member CommonPosts: 2
    The user can easily get the information about the bluetooth connection from click on here https://bluetoothwindows10.com/ .Solve the problem.