so, hows the game?

13»

Comments

• ForgrimmForgrimm Somewhere in TimeMember EpicPosts: 2,535
    Kyleran said:
    Forgrimm said:
    I've been watching a bunch of streams and so far nothing has really jumped out at me. It seems like people are mostly just running from one node to another gathering stuff.
    Well yeah I  would say in general the game is 
    25% gathering and or PVE farming (frequently done together) 
    25% crafting
    25% hauling stuff around
    25% PVP

Your percentages will vary based on personal preference but this is the crux of Albion or most any other progression based MMO.

Oddly I haven't seen a single PVP encounter yet. Just gathering and what I think are dungeons of some sort.
  • NycteliosNyctelios Novo Hamburgo - RS - BrazilMember EpicPosts: 2,248
    I know my friends who played Salem with me will jump in once I start. We played Salem together sacredly every day.

I showed Albion a long time ago and we commit to leave Salem for Albion, but some of them did not like the game went from f2p to b2p - and later changes and additions. Yet the core gameplay remains the same, so I think is just about me talking them down.

Did you guys create a discord server? Maybe they'll get more excited if there is a community about it up and running.

I would appreciate if someone could pm me the invite link if that's the case.

" Tawnos's blueprints were critical to the creation of my armor. As he once sealed himself in steel, I sealed myself in a walking crypt. "
    —Urza

- Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102
  • SedrynTyrosSedrynTyros USMember EpicPosts: 1,803
    edited July 25
    Nyctelios said:
    I know my friends who played Salem with me will jump in once I start. We played Salem together sacredly every day.

I showed Albion a long time ago and we commit to leave Salem for Albion, but some of them did not like the game went from f2p to b2p - and later changes and additions. Yet the core gameplay remains the same, so I think is just about me talking them down.

Did you guys create a discord server? Maybe they'll get more excited if there is a community about it up and running.

I would appreciate if someone could pm me the invite link if that's the case.
    There's talk of a possible discord server in the other thread:

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/466756/albion-mmorpg-com-guildies/p2

EDIT:

Okay, after parsing around the Renoaku spam, I realized it was actually discussed in this thread.
    Post edited by SedrynTyros on
    Nycteliosblueturtle13ConstantineMerus
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member RarePosts: 984
    edited July 25
    Forgrimm said:
    Kyleran said:
    Forgrimm said:
    I've been watching a bunch of streams and so far nothing has really jumped out at me. It seems like people are mostly just running from one node to another gathering stuff.
    Well yeah I  would say in general the game is 
    25% gathering and or PVE farming (frequently done together) 
    25% crafting
    25% hauling stuff around
    25% PVP

Your percentages will vary based on personal preference but this is the crux of Albion or most any other progression based MMO.

Oddly I haven't seen a single PVP encounter yet. Just gathering and what I think are dungeons of some sort.
    V Zones are where pvp starts and until VI you are basically farming to level up everything.

V zones are the introduction to the pvp part of the game so you can practice there because you only lose durability and % of crafting materials.

When you have up'd everything you need to be able to enter VI is when you need to seriously look into joining a guild with active players.

Up until VI is basically just an extended tutorial imo.
    Post edited by BruceYee on
    SedrynTyrosNycteliosKyleran
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn belleville, ILMember RarePosts: 3,034
    Forgrimm said:
    That is what many are doing atm, myself included.  Gotta remember, that the game just launched, so there is a huge need for resources to set up your islands, guilds, gear, and get the economy rolling.  My guess is that it will ease up, once these things start maturing.
    NycteliosKyleran

Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,284
    edited July 25
    So you're saying that you've actually been dinged for this before in EVE Online .... but decided it was a good idea to try it in other games?

Nah to answer in EVE Online, they allow you to buy from resellers legally, but users aren't allowed to sell Plex that has already been redeemed from a key for Real Money which is what illegal gold selling sites do or rather the one I used which I thought was legitimate years ago wasn't legit so I lost like $40 in Plex, but they kindly provided me with a list which allows you to buy legitimate Plex's such as Steam, Amazon, and a few other sites instead of Life ban on my EVE account because they are nice and trust in its customers, and I trust in them as a company because trust works both ways.

Edit: and I forgot they said as long as it comes with a Key, not directly trading me the item its legitiamte, so if someone ever tries to trade an Apex after buying from a 3rd party don't accept it.

This also helps to prevent fraud like in Albion, but anyways, I have to stop arguing/ debate on here because I got some type of mild warning I am unable to view, and I think I proved my point, thank you to those who did offer a really intellectual debate it helped me understand some, but I won't be able to post here about the issue anymore, but no need to.

Thanks all.
    Post edited by Renoaku on
    Gdemami
  • DokuwanDokuwan Member CommonPosts: 6
    edited July 26
    It's great! Having a blast doing solo PvP around the Albion :smiley:

[youtube]

Post edited by Dokuwan on
  • ManWithNoTanManWithNoTan Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Nice video Dokuwan. 
  • brickleulbrickleul timisoaraMember UncommonPosts: 28
    edited July 26
    I consider a mistake buying this game, first is not for solo people, then there is the p2w issue, you can just buy gold whenever you need and unlimited amount. There are also issues with the server lag, EU players are disadvantaged in front of US players in PVP, that 200-300ms extra delay counts a lot. There are also issues with overpopulation, queue time at around 7-10PM GMT over 30 minutes up to an hour, and the worst thing you cannot switch character without going back in queue. The problem I see with the queue in a PVP game is this, from my experience, on Monday night I was in some hostile zone, the server was about to reboot so I wasn't able to get safe in time because of some campers, when I got back after reboot I was in queue for 40 minutes but this is not effectively 40 minutes is estimate, you can get back in 10 minutes or in a hour so I had to stay with my eyes in monitor for like 30 minutes to be there when I log back in so I won't get afk and being killed. Is a stupid system, the queue should be applied for the account logging on the server not for the character entering the world. There are other issues like bots, gold sellers, macroing but this are issues you can find in any other MMO .  Also there is the graphics, LOTRO who is a 10 years old game have better graphics, some people said the reason for this graphics is the phone/tablet support but look at Lineage 2 revolution and many other games that have superior graphics for phone/tablet. 
    Post edited by brickleul on