Bot Infestation

13»

Comments

• NycteliosNyctelios Novo Hamburgo - RS - BrazilMember EpicPosts: 2,248
    Renoaku said:
    Hatefull said:
    [snip]
    ... [snip] I clearly had no idea was actually in the rules because if you go look on the Albion Online forums it only says paying Real Money is illegal, Bit Coins, Favors, and Exchanging across games is not real money.
    [snip]
    Bit Coin is real money.

If something has in any stage some sort of exchange with real money then it is a real money transaction. That's the whole issue with G2A and Steam CS:GO gamble fiasco. There are ways to exchange it for real life money through third party sites selling used games/skins, and steps in the process that involves real life money. 

Exchanging across games?! What in actual hell are you even talking about? How can you exchange between games if they are different entities? What the f***, dude?! Where did you get that excuse from? Your arse?!

Man, I can't take you seriously. "Man up" and assume your wrong doing. This... this is beyond nonsense.
    MrMelGibsonNephethSedrynTyros

" Tawnos's blueprints were critical to the creation of my armor. As he once sealed himself in steel, I sealed myself in a walking crypt. "
    —Urza

- Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 920
    edited July 22
    Renoaku said:
    So I was reading on the Albion Forums, and the post got censored, but at least it got moved to the Cheaters section, although this company is still covering up and censoring many posts, I have never in my life seen a MMORPG Company do this and I've played many, like I understand its within their right to remove posts, messages, etc, but I have never seen a company remove and censor so many complaints, or anything they define as too negative.

But since they tried to censor it I will post it here, this game has a serious problem just as I said it would its full of Bots, and Cheating Scum which currently the company can't do anything other than IP ban people but there is no protection or Anti-Cheat as much as I dislike some Anti-Cheats this game could have used a reputable one like "Battleye" or "Easy Anti Cheat", as well as some server code to prevnet unauthroized clients from logging in.

I won't discuss cheating websites here because its illegal obviously, but there are already lots of hacks, videos, even open sourced bots that are open to the public and I think this is a major problem that they did not curve the cheating and do something to at least improve server side detection and bots before release of the game. I do not recommend, or encourage anyone to cheat in any game that are no words to how people doing such intentionally really pisses me off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgaKT1u6PzA

But it also pisses me off that this company released this game like this, let down all its backers, screwed me over as a backer, and currently censors their forums to try to prevent it from being exposed about how open it is to cheating with no address about it either other than the gold sellers ban the other day post by them.
    thanks for the info.  i played the beta and was looking forward to it when it was FTP.  then i was on the fence cuz it was b2p plus tiered subs available.  which i think isn't worth it for a game with cellphone graphics (yes i know its so it can be mobile).  but anyways, didnt want to collect fantasy twigs all day.  your post about bots really seals the deal for me NOT to buy this game.  honestly if it was plain ole B2P, i might have considered it, but the member status sub and bots really make me pass on this game.

EDIT:  and if you want to make threads and post info thats fine.  i love it how ppl with X-thousand posts criticize you for posting stuff, when they themselves troll every thread with one sentence replies to build up their post count, everyday, all day, for 5-10 years.  so sad.  brings me back to the, "i'm a grown man and dont want to collect in-game tree branches all day".  I'm a grown man and don't want to read one sentence replies from the same 5 users on this forum all day trying to boost their post count to X-ten thousand.  i'd call them trolls but they'd all band together in their 5-man circle jerk and go to town on me with 1 sentence replies to get their post count up.  they'd love it.  its literally just the same 5 dudes with over 10,000+ posts, trolling on, flaming, and picking on other users with their zingerless 1-2 sentence replies critizing your long replies.  so sad haha. they camp this forum all day for years.  sooo lame haha.
    Post edited by time007 on
    NephethGdemamiKyleran

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,289
    edited July 22
    time007 said:
    Renoaku said:
    So I was reading on the Albion Forums, and the post got censored, but at least it got moved to the Cheaters section, although this company is still covering up and censoring many posts, I have never in my life seen a MMORPG Company do this and I've played many, like I understand its within their right to remove posts, messages, etc, but I have never seen a company remove and censor so many complaints, or anything they define as too negative.

But since they tried to censor it I will post it here, this game has a serious problem just as I said it would its full of Bots, and Cheating Scum which currently the company can't do anything other than IP ban people but there is no protection or Anti-Cheat as much as I dislike some Anti-Cheats this game could have used a reputable one like "Battleye" or "Easy Anti Cheat", as well as some server code to prevnet unauthroized clients from logging in.

I won't discuss cheating websites here because its illegal obviously, but there are already lots of hacks, videos, even open sourced bots that are open to the public and I think this is a major problem that they did not curve the cheating and do something to at least improve server side detection and bots before release of the game. I do not recommend, or encourage anyone to cheat in any game that are no words to how people doing such intentionally really pisses me off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgaKT1u6PzA

But it also pisses me off that this company released this game like this, let down all its backers, screwed me over as a backer, and currently censors their forums to try to prevent it from being exposed about how open it is to cheating with no address about it either other than the gold sellers ban the other day post by them.
    thanks for the info.  i played the beta and was looking forward to it when it was FTP.  then i was on the fence cuz it was b2p plus tiered subs available.  which i think isn't worth it for a game with cellphone graphics (yes i know its so it can be mobile).  but anyways, didnt want to collect fantasy twigs all day.  your post about bots really seals the deal for me NOT to buy this game.  honestly if it was plain ole B2P, i might have considered it, but the member status sub and bots really make me pass on this game.
    The game is still buy 2 play but without a subscription IMO its not worth playing because of the 50% resource gathering, and if ur a hard-core farmer like me you need a minimum of 3 characters to be successful because its like Arche Age with Energy.

As for the bots I have yet to see what they are going to do to address it other than the lack of security & anti-cheats.

I mean unless its changed that I am not aware of myself O.o but still bots are a problem right now and the ability to zoom hack is a problem IMO, as well as radar so you know where everyone is pretty much, and used correctly not saying cheating is good people can get away with it easily.

In General if doing the 3 character thing you need to pay I think its $14.95 a month for each character per account to be premium so whales or guilds with the most people who do this will benefit more.
    Post edited by Renoaku on
    GdemamiKyleranExcession
  • krgwynnekrgwynne noosaMember UncommonPosts: 42
    Game is ok but way to few zones for the number of players at the moment. havent actually seen to many bots mainly due to the lack of areas were they can actually work due to how contested everything is. Seriously though they should of had 2 or 3 servers for the amount of sales they had or made the world 3 or 4 times as big in the teir 4 and under areas. They spent so long in beta i expected alot of improvements but its only slightly better than the second beta and some parts look like they have even been made more basic.
  • Korn42Korn42 Albion Online DevMember UncommonPosts: 53
    edited July 22
    Our enforcement policy against botting is a lifetime ban on first offense and as effective as our measures taken against RMT.
    Post edited by Korn42 on
    SedrynTyrosforcelimaRenoakuForgrimmMarcus-KyleranExcession
    edited July 22
    Korn42 said:
    Our enforcement policy against botting is a lifetime ban on first offense and as effective as our measures taken against RMT.
    Awesome thanks, its great that you all are banning bots, and cheaters, but is it actually working?

Like this game has no Anti-Cheat meaning that players can use hacks such as "Radar" "ESP" "Zoom Hack" and go undetected for like ever, the worst part is that I believe this can go undetected for ages, I am sure your aware of the sites and services I am talking about that develop these things which I can't post here for obvious reasons, but is there any plans to be able to remove and deal with this so the game can remain fair like before they can harm legitimate customers?

Also the bots, a real cheater who uses illegal bots to gain an unfair advantage in the game doesn't care if they are banned or not, most bots that  are illegal china farmers do illegal things which are caught really quickly such as bot 24/7 do the same actions 24/7 and such using an automated bot do not care they just keep making accounts, but what about the 1% of people who run an automated macro only while watching Netflix, and remain at the game itself, or use other types of sneaky cheats which are likely undetected, is there any method of dealing with this?

And fraud, every since this company locked my account, I looked into how easy it is to do this, and I actually find it quite easy to do myself something I would never do, but is there any plans to put in restrictions to keep illegal gold sites from using stolen information to purchase gold, like to be able to stop it so that it doesn't make it into the economy for example when I supposedly purchased gold, it took a week before anything happened and I was able to use it to upgrade most all my farms and make purchases off the market, is there possibly going to be restrictions in the future to prevent them from beign able to defraud this company, and its screw around with the legitimate players?

. For example putting in restrictions so a full amount of purchased gold can not be exchanged for a month to prevent charge-back and lost money + Unbalance in the player economy would be good, maybe allow new players to trade like no more than 500-1000 gold to help get them started in their packages or new accounts, once an account gets trusted status aka no charge-backs or fraud they can buy and immediately trade, and silver can always be converted to gold at any time, this is one way to prevent the whole fraud issue on the scale that could unbalance and harm legitimate players.
    -----------------------------------------------
    As for myself I would never purchase gold between any illegal 3rd party website for this game, I know what it looks like from your end and I am not sure what happened, I just know I exchanged across Arche Age & Albion, I know that in your book, and rules this was cheating, and not something I would have ever done again as I was in good standing myself for 4 years before this, so its really upsetting to me to see that damn message saying I purchased gold, when all my purchases with Real Money came from SBI's Website, and any future purchases if the account was actually ever unlocked would come from that same website, not from a 3rd party, but I would sure as hell never exchange across games again on any game without contacting support and asking first if its legal.

I was also told if I ever opened a new account it would get immediately locked too assuming I obviously do it legitimate and don't bother to hide my IP address when creating a new account.

And I am really curious about something too if the person I trade with was really involved with illegal activity, or if SBI simply banned my account because I received a large amount of currency with nothing of equal value in return, which is listed as a violation in the agreement it says SBI will assume it was purchased with real money, even if it wasn't which does upset me being from the U.S and the whole guilty before innocent thing... But yet there is an investment bank and players running a service in game which takes players gold and supposedly generates a profit out of it and returns a small profit, how is this legal because its receiving currency with nothing of equal value in return?
    Excession
  • btdtbtdt Member UncommonPosts: 98
    All water under the bridge my friend... 

You're arguing moot points.  What if... what if... what if... Doesn't matter because it's all after the fact.  

The real question is, would you have created such a tirade over this BEFORE you even stepped one foot in the game?  No, you did so after you were ejected.  It BECAME an issue once it affected you directly.  Now you're on this soapbox trying to point out all the wrongs in the world as if it will somehow change the situation you are in.  It won't.  

Let go of it.  Accept the fact that life sucks and you've been wronged and everyone else in the world is an idiot.  Your heart will thank you later on in life.
    SedrynTyros
    edited July 26
    btdt said:
    All water under the bridge my friend... 

You're arguing moot points.  What if... what if... what if... Doesn't matter because it's all after the fact.  

The real question is, would you have created such a tirade over this BEFORE you even stepped one foot in the game?  No, you did so after you were ejected.  It BECAME an issue once it affected you directly.  Now you're on this soapbox trying to point out all the wrongs in the world as if it will somehow change the situation you are in.  It won't.  

Let go of it.  Accept the fact that life sucks and you've been wronged and everyone else in the world is an idiot.  Your heart will thank you later on in life.
    Again I wouldn't be so upset if the company actually reviewed what I sent them, and I wasn't being accused of illegally purchasing gold, as I said I could have lied to SBI as a company changed my IP address came back a month or so later and claimed my account was hacked illegally by a 3rd party just to get the account back and it might have worked to it actually has a high success rate depending on certain factors, but lying is not my thing.

Sure a rule was broken, but really are you going to punish your kid who goes to school over breaking a minor rule or telling another student to F*** themselves are you going to kick them out of school for ever becuase of one little mistake they do?

And the good part is this happened during beta, I am glad it happened during beta rather than Launch, because at least SBI did show me a bit of soemthing I was never aware of in online games, and the gold did not make it to the economy so I don't really understand how this company could not have reviewed how long I have had my account to begin with, and that I might be telling them the truth and given a chance to never do it again especially since it was in beta.

As for the trade that happened, I played Arche Age for like 2 years, and gave away everything I had in the game for free, it was a couple of players who agreed to make the trade of some items, and all the land I gave freely to people without anything in return, or any real life money because I was simply done with the game and Trions stupiditiy after spending a couple of thousand dollars at least in their game.

Its not a lie I would think to create after being ejected or barred as you claim, It really did happen like this, but if the other party did something illegal or something bad happened I have no idea but if I did purchase gold illegally as you believe I did obviously the real question I would like to know is why I would do this during beta when it would be lost anyways?

EDIT: Here is proof that SBI blocks customer service tickets, accuses its 4 year old loyal customers of cheating, and even blocked a guild members ticket after responding to a response they got where the staff or employee admitted that evidence is not always accurate, which to me is very disturbing, either I bought gold with real money, or I didn't....

http://imgur.com/a/87l0d So here is the new snapshots proving such, I am done with arguing on this issue now just passing the news to my friends and stuff.

But I feel this evidence proves what I say is true, and provides proof of my purchases being with SBI as a company, and proof that I may have indeed not purchase gold within reasonable doubt, even though I know I didn't they just proved they could have the information wrong, and that is what I needed to make things a bit more clear.

Excession
  • brickleulbrickleul timisoaraMember UncommonPosts: 28
    Nyctelios said:
    Renoaku said:
    Hatefull said:
    [snip]
    ... [snip] I clearly had no idea was actually in the rules because if you go look on the Albion Online forums it only says paying Real Money is illegal, Bit Coins, Favors, and Exchanging across games is not real money.
    [snip]
    Bit Coin is real money.

If something has in any stage some sort of exchange with real money then it is a real money transaction. That's the whole issue with G2A and Steam CS:GO gamble fiasco. There are ways to exchange it for real life money through third party sites selling used games/skins, and steps in the process that involves real life money. 

Exchanging across games?! What in actual hell are you even talking about? How can you exchange between games if they are different entities? What the f***, dude?! Where did you get that excuse from? Your arse?!

Man, I can't take you seriously. "Man up" and assume your wrong doing. This... this is beyond nonsense.
    Bitcoins are not real money, they are products, there is no difference between BTC and a slice of pizza, both products. And exchanging between games it happens since MMO have appeared, I often traded ISK in Eve online for some gold in Lotro or Archage and stuff like this. It's possible and often done in special between friends or people who know each other in RL 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Chicago, ILMember EpicPosts: 5,742
    edited July 26
    Actually, there's no such thing as real money.  Everything that is used as money is agreed upon by others to do so.  Even ingame money have U.S. dollar conversion rates.  All they need is an agreed upon rate by at least two people.  People make a living in some games and pay their real life bills through conversions.  It's a tax paying income for some.  Like in Second Life.
    Post edited by Octagon7711 on
    Renoaku

"Change is the only constant."

• SatanikzSatanikz Member CommonPosts: 20
    There really is an infestation and they are hiding all posts about it. I have posted many times on their forum with video evidence and the post gets moved to a section other users can't read.

These bots have radar and can detect if a pvp-enabled player comes even within rendering distance and the bot automatically starts running. I found this out because I kept seeing the same person grinding rhinos every day in red zone during off hours. I saw it dying to Cougars a few times. Then I decided to flag up when I saw it dying to Cougars again and it automatically started running. I kind of followed it and it always ran southwest to the zoneline exit so I had a buddy wait in that direction and we kept killing it. 

Every time the bot dies it would go to the bank, regear (in cheap T4) then come back and start killing Rhinos. 

The bot is still there today despite video evidence posted to AO. 
    KyleranRenoaku
  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 26,275
    edited September 20
    brickleul said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Renoaku said:
    Hatefull said:
    [snip]
    [snip]
    Bit Coin is real money.

Bitcoins are not real money, they are products, there is no difference between BTC and a slice of pizza, both products. And exchanging between games it happens since MMO have appeared, I often traded ISK in Eve online for some gold in Lotro or Archage and stuff like this. It's possible and often done in special between friends or people who know each other in RL 
    Bitcoins are cryptocurrency, pizza is not, there is a very significant difference, suggest you read up on them.
    Post edited by Kyleran on

On hiatus from EVE Online since Dec 2016 - Screw off-grid PVE boosting changes

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    brickleul said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Renoaku said:
    Hatefull said:
    [snip]
    [snip]
    Bit Coin is real money.

Bitcoins are cryptocurrency, pizza is not, there is a very significant difference, suggest you read up on them.
    Yeah but talking about Bitcoin in general I wonder how if any Governments will try to do anything I was online and found a few websites dedicated to Gambling Bit Coin, so if I opened a "Real Life Casino" and made it based around playing for "Free" on gaming machines, or "Gambling Bit Coin" which is not real currency would this be legal within law im just curious about how enforcement will be handled here?

And yeah I think pretty much Bit Coin, or Etherium, Lite Coin, there are many types of Crypto Currency, I think EULA's need to be brought up that buying with Crypto Currency is also illegal, I think some games EULA's could also used updated TOS to cover such because technically its not real money.

Im looking into going into the mining business myself possibly in the future.