Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Water Powerset & Two Additional Episodes Round Out 2017 - DC Universe Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageNew Water Powerset & Two Additional Episodes Round Out 2017 - DC Universe Online - MMORPG.com

DC Universe Online News - The DC Universe Online site has been updated with a preview of what players can expect throughout the balance of 2017. Players will be fighting for "the oceans, Gotham and the Multiverse" in two new Episodes, "Riddled with Crime" and "Earth". As part of the undersea content, players will have the new Water Powerset to explore. These new episodes will launch in September and November, while the Water Powerset will be splashing into the game on August 30th.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Weren't they calling for this powerset to come out like over 2 years ago?
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    They've been talking about it for a pretty long time.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Yep, CO has an underwater zone, and strangely that wasn't the trigger even though it's their clear competitor, but GW2 and its underwater combat I think.
    Somewhere after that started the rumours of a water powerset and some underwater content will arrive in DCUO as well. So, it realy does linger around since years...

Probably they don't want to delay it further, now that they can't really tie it to the Aquaman movie, marketing-wise (how much delay that got already, three? I think it's now scheduled to the end of 2018).

Personally, can't wait a HL review about this DLC, based on his former video he's not really an Aquaman fan :smiley:
    https://youtu.be/vOQ7K4fdsRU?t=1m22s
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,852

They delayed it to come out after the Stats Revamp update.

They didn't want to release a new powerset just to have to rework it shortly after.
  • psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I haven't played this in a long time. I did enjoy my experience. Maybe I will come back and explore this game down the road.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    What is the max CR now and is it hard to get to?
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

BruceYee said:

This. The CR cap on EVERYTHING was so bad.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

BruceYee said:

I think that is all changing with the skill revamp coming out. In fact some of the new changes sound cool.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Hariken said:

BruceYee said:

I think that is all changing with the skill revamp coming out. In fact some of the new changes sound cool.

I shall research more!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited July 2017
    I'd love it if they removed the CR Tiers and made it like ESO progression. Being able to go and do what you want in this game to progress I think would really benefit it cause this game the last I played suffered from the whole lower tier zones never being used scenario.
  • ShadowStyleBShadowStyleB Member UncommonPosts: 315

BruceYee said:

I'd love it if they removed the CR Tiers and made it like ESO progression. Being able to go and do what you want in this game to progress I think would really benefit it cause this game the last I played suffered from the whole lower tier zones never being used scenario.

Pretty much what caused me and my league to stop playing. We enjoyed the lower tier raids and alerts but we were a small league so we didn't have enough people to run the fun stuff. They made all the lower tier stuff useless.

"You think this "A" stands for France?" Captain America