Early Access

2»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 26,259
    Forgrimm said:
    Albatroes said:
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:
    I can only speak for current state of the game - its a crap version of Ark.

Got a refund after about 90min of play.

Would not recommend.
    What were some of the major issues?
    Optimization is definitely a key concern especially if you take into consideration how long Snail has claimed to be working on this game. Animations definitely fall flat. Swinging a weapon at an enemy/player looks the exact same as chopping down a tree.  Audio needs works, a lot of disconnect between action and sound but it could be down to the random lag which relegates back to optimization. Definitely looks like it'll go f2p by next year if Snail's track record is anything to go by.

Can get a better idea from this video:

Looks like a pre-alpha build. Not sure why they decided to launch EA at this stage.
    My guess is they feel they can start generating revenue while continuing to work on the game for two more years.

They probably arent wrong.

On hiatus from EVE Online since Dec 2016 - Screw off-grid PVE boosting changes

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko JohannesburgMember EpicPosts: 6,540
    I think this was a minimum-effort game on Snail's part, they just wanted some return on the IP they had laying around for so long.

It will be forgotten in a month's time...
  • Bru7alBru7al Sampa, CAMember UncommonPosts: 261
    edited July 21
    Forgrimm said:
    Albatroes said:
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:
    I can only speak for current state of the game - its a crap version of Ark.

Got a refund after about 90min of play.

Would not recommend.
    What were some of the major issues?
    Optimization is definitely a key concern especially if you take into consideration how long Snail has claimed to be working on this game. Animations definitely fall flat. Swinging a weapon at an enemy/player looks the exact same as chopping down a tree.  Audio needs works, a lot of disconnect between action and sound but it could be down to the random lag which relegates back to optimization. Definitely looks like it'll go f2p by next year if Snail's track record is anything to go by.

Can get a better idea from this video:

Looks like a pre-alpha build. Not sure why they decided to launch EA at this stage.
    The only reason I can think of is they are desperate for money to keep going. But early access is a very dangerous option imo, if it doesn't go well it might kill the game before the official launch.
    Post edited by Bru7al on