Comments

• forcelimaforcelima Atlanta, GAMember UncommonPosts: 196
    That all I'm 7000 at 1h 55m
    Nyctelios

Pre-release:
    -"Trion is the best publisher XL could have found for AA"
    -"AA will be different in the west, Trion won't mess it up"
    -"Trion's ArcheAge"
    -"Trion will make their own decision according to what's best for AA on the western market"
    -"Trion has total control, it will literally be a different game over here"

Post-release:
    "People have to learn that it's not Trion's game and that there is little they can do".

-Volgore

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,445
    That staggered release worked wonders for them.
    KyleranMrMelGibson
    Notice: The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Album: Plastic Fantastic
    Featured Tracks: Decline and Fall, Time & Space, I Go Crazy (bonus track on digital release)
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Woodstock, ONMember UncommonPosts: 2,551
    It launched?!. . Man. . I could have been waiting in queue :)  Will give it a shot soon after it settles down.
    TorvalSedrynTyros

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• SedrynTyrosSedrynTyros USMember EpicPosts: 1,812
    The servers are borked big time.  I'm having flashbacks to ... well, almost every MMO I've ever tried to play on launch day, lol.
    KyleranMarcus-KanethConstantineMerusobii
  • Viper482Viper482 Somewhere, FLMember RarePosts: 1,655
    forcelima said:
    That all I'm 7000 at 1h 55m

Dude....this was at 7:21am PST lol. I expect it will only get worse.
  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 26,274
    My guess is they are heavily throttling to keep the starter zones from flooding.
    Octagon7711TorvalMrMelGibsonMarcus-GdemamiConstantineMerus

On hiatus from EVE Online since Dec 2016 - Screw off-grid PVE boosting changes

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ForgrimmForgrimm Somewhere in TimeMember EpicPosts: 2,546
    As bad as queues are, it's a good sign that so many players are giving it a shot. And it isn't F2P, so it's not people just looking to get some free entertainment. Hopefully it has longevity.
    MrMelGibsonPhaserlightConstantineMerusSedrynTyros
  • kitaradkitarad RomeMember EpicPosts: 3,623
    Yes queues are a good sign.
    MrMelGibson

What would be interesting to know is how is the performance for those who got in?

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

I'll let you know in an hour or so.

More importantly what's the best anti-gank 1v1 setup. I think I want to roll medium armour maybe bows or spears this round but those are notoriously squishy in most mmos. The last couple of tests I built out magic because I can go healing for groups and dps for solo/duo farming.
    Featured Tracks: Decline and Fall, Time & Space, I Go Crazy (bonus track on digital release)
    Kyleran said:
    What would be interesting to know is how is the performance for those who got in?
    Performance overall is pretty good ... but there is occasional rubberbanding.
    Kyleran
    So things are not really going very well.

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Valve Corporation Member LegendaryPosts: 9,758
    edited July 19
    I got in again after a 30 minute wait. I am in an area with around 400 other people. It is laggy but once you leave the area (town) it seems fine. I started our guild. "Kings Never Die" we are not based out of anywhere yet as I have not placed out guild island. You can create a guild from anywhere now. =)
    Post edited by blueturtle13 on
    KyleranTorval

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

I updated and got in with no queue. The performance seems okay if occasionally spotty.
    All the Euros are in bed, DAOC freeshard goes pretty quiet about now as well.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus LondonMember RarePosts: 1,114
    I got in again after a 30 minute wait. I am in an area with around 400 other people. It is laggy but once you leave the area (town) it seems fine. I started our guild. "Kings Never Die" we are not based out of anywhere yet as I have not placed out guild island. You can create a guild from anywhere now. =)
    But we do die. You commoners never understood my kind :(
    SedrynTyros
    I am a piece of carbon with a soul, wondering where I got it from. 
    - Drunken Mozart in the Desert
    No server crashes yesterday evening (PST).  Looks like they have a handle on things.
    Or maybe not.  Definitely a rough start for Albion Online.