Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some Intel Clover Trail CPUs have recently been dropped from MS's Win 10 compatibility listings.

GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-blocks-windows-10-creators-update-on-some-pcs/

With the Win 10 Creator's update many Intel Clover Trail CPU's have, at least temporarily, been removed from the Win 10 hardware compatiblity list.  Those CPUs are Atom Z2760,  Atom Z2520, Atom Z2560, Atom Z2580.

"This is the first example of hardware that was initially supported by Windows 10 but has since run afoul of those rules."

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    A Clover Trail based PC is basically a cell phone in a different form factor.  It's the only desktop/laptop part that I'm aware of ever to use an Imagination GPU.  It's a product that hardly anyone cared about at that.  And then Intel is involved.  So the driver support probably isn't the best.  I'm guessing that that's what led Microsoft to declare it incompatible.