Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes Omega - Why Were Fantastic Four Shown the Door? - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• BC_AnimusBC_Animus Member UncommonPosts: 115

Robsolf said:

For the life of me, I can't figure out why Hollywood hates Dr. Doom so much.

Sometimes it boils down to one top executive who doesn't like Dr. Doom for what-ever reason.

Reminds me of when the CEO who was in charge of the SYFY network said he really didn't like Science Fiction at all and added wrestling, ghost hunters reality shows, and less Sci-Fi shows. Now that he's gone the station is returning to it's roots.

I've read lots of stories about Execs killing off shows because they just didn't like them or didn't like the original writer.

Made me think about the Star Wars License. Luke is quoted in the movie as saying it's time for the Jedi to end. I think it's really Disney saying it's time for the Lucas version of Jedi to end because they have other plans and their own vision.

Maybe, and I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan, but I like the idea of Luke being more of a grey jedi, which we've seen a lot in games but less so in movies.  

I don't think execs hate Dr. Doom... I'm not a big fan of Dr. Doom, but one thing I know from the comics and shows I've seen from Dr. Doom is that he's a calculating character, not a brute force of nature like Magneto is. To do it right you'd have to build up to a Dr. Doom scenario, and in the Fantastic Four movies thus far it seems they throw him out immediately as the classic F4 villain.

With as bad as they've done Dr. Dooms character in the films, they'll never come back from what they did to Galactus. 

Good points.  I also read a lot of studios are going for basic plots which translate easily in foreign languages and adding more action and special effects.

Make it a romantic comedy. Reed trying to win back Susan after a break. Cries over drinks with buddy Ben, while Johnny is staying close to "support his big sis over a difficult time" (when really he is just acting sensitive and supportive in order to impress one of Sue's friends). And hey, for a bit of tension enter mysterious Victor, who has his eye on Sue. Drama, love, heartbreak, laughs, no violence and minimal special effects, just in time for next Valentine's Day.
    [Deleted User]
  • SurrealFieUpSurrealFieUp Member UncommonPosts: 19
    I too freaked out a bit as all of my main characters were johnny and Ben... Downloaded the game update thinking I would have credits for new toons waiting for me. Alas, they are all fine in their nerfed states, only now that they are not part of the line up anymore, I wonder if they will ever get back to spin-spin and torch-torch greatness they once held.