Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why the outrage...I'll cover everything.

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited July 2017
    Kyleran said:
    You did say 90% of EVE players want more PVE content, was there a thread or poll I missed on the EVE forums?

That is what data presented by CCP at recent fanfest say.

Not really surprising though...
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Forgot your advice ?...... I never took it :) 

Your nasty !.......... I talk about the Elephant, how mmos are not MMO's and you call me everything in the book and call it friendly....... Your nasty !
    Well, if you throw around insults ("A starving person will eat shit, excuse my language"), be sure to be able to take the heat coming back your way, kid.
    Now, when is that last post coming?

Well, Not much to talk about for mmo's since we don't have any. 

But I think I'll stick around.

So this was a pathetic attempt to get some attention ...figures.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson
    Chamber of Chains
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118

Now that this is sorted, I'll return to eating my big pile of steaming shit.
    cameltosisKyleran[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041

Your nasty !.......... I talk about the Elephant, how mmos are not MMO's and you call me everything in the book and call it friendly....... Your nasty !
    Well, if you throw around insults ("A starving person will eat shit, excuse my language"), be sure to be able to take the heat coming back your way, kid.

How disappointing.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]MrMelGibson
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Torval said:
    Kyleran said:
    Gdemami said:
    Elsabolts said:
    You gave me a lot of grief over my saying Eve needed a pve server or pvp on or off button and a lot of others to boot.
    EVE does not need pve server nor pvp toggle...
    You did say 90% of EVE players want more PVE content, was there a thread or poll I missed on the EVE forums?

I've been perusing the new forums recently but still see old favorites such as "remove local" because apparently some gankers think it gives us carebears too big of an "advantage" in escaping from them.

I agree with Gdemami on this (lol I know). EVE is old and it has its own character and persona. I think hardcore PvE changes will only disenfranchise core players like DAoC did.

I want a PvE version of EVE too. Well I want a PvE version of MegaTraveller and the universe that's set in and EVE has been one of the closest approximations. I don't think changing EVE will accomplish the goal though, but I could be wrong.
    I just was surprised to hear a huge number of players want more PVE content, even more so that it came out at a fan fest. (Will have to go look for that replay)

I agree, no reason to NGE EVE with radical PVE changes, better to stick with their core player base.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited July 2017
    Torval said:
    Kyleran said:
    Gdemami said:

I agree with Gdemami on this (lol I know). EVE is old and it has its own character and persona. I think hardcore PvE changes will only disenfranchise core players like DAoC did.

I want a PvE version of EVE too. Well I want a PvE version of MegaTraveller and the universe that's set in and EVE has been one of the closest approximations. I don't think changing EVE will accomplish the goal though, but I could be wrong.
    I also agree with that.
    But I also believe that EvE needs to make it a little bit easier for Carebear PvPers, which are probably the majority of EvE players.
    If Carebears PvPers quit, it would suffer the same fate as Darkfall.
    PvP games cannot survive with Hardcore PvPers only.

edited July 2017
    Kyleran said:

I just was surprised to hear a huge number of players want more PVE content, even more so that it came out at a fan fest. (Will have to go look for that replay)

I agree, no reason to NGE EVE with radical PVE changes, better to stick with their core player base.
    Why you are surprised?

When I was playing Darkfall, I claimed that the game failed because there was not enough PvE and safe zones.
    People laughed.
    But that's not laughing matter.

If you've been playing MMORPG for long, you should be able to realize that the majority of MMO players are actually PvErs (even if they don't consider themselves as such).
    The Carebears PvPers are basically PvE players in disguise, they enjoy PvP but they kinda want to do it when it suits them while enjoying the PvE in peace.
    The Carebear PvPers or as I call them PvX players (like both PvE and PvP) are the overwhelming majority of players that play PVP MMOs (note I said MMOs, because real PvP players play MOBAs not MMOs).

That's why all FFA PvP games fail.
    EvE it's the exception because it had safe zones, but now that the safe zone are almost gone guess what...people are starting to quit.
    Am I wrong?

Gdemami

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    ste2000 said:
    Kyleran said:

Why you are surprised?

When I was playing Darkfall, I claimed that the game failed because there was not enough PvE and safe zones.
    People laughed.
    But that's not laughing matter.

If you've been playing MMORPG for long, you should be able to realize that the majority of MMO players are actually PvErs.
    The Carebears PvPers are basically PvE players in disguise, they enjoy PvP but they kinda want to do it when it suits them while enjoying the PvE in peace.

That's why all FFA PvP games fail.
    EvE it's the exception because it had safe zones, but now that the safe zone are almost gone guess what...people are starting to quit.
    Am I wrong?

The small percentage of PvE in Darkfall was done extremely well.  I'm not a PvP person either. 
    ste2000 said:

The small percentage of PvE in Darkfall was done extremely well.  I'm not a PvP person either. 
    Yep, the emphasis goes on the "small percentage" though, and the fact that it was contested wasn't a good thing for the game popularity.

Contested PvE is ok in normal PvP games, but when you lose all your shit when you get killed doing PvE is not as pleasant as it should be.

Kyleran

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

560 viewed in several hours is not bad, I would say someone is paying attention :) 

Anyway I don't give a rats butt about popularity, just stating cold hard facts.  MMO's are not MMO's anymore.  Their fishing next to each other games.  It seems this only bothers the same five or six posters anyway.... I guess they feel this is their forums. 

Anyway I was gonna slow down on posting, do to nothing more to talk about because we don't have any mmos.  But you reinstated me because their is much to talk about, you reminded me :) 

GdemamiSteelhelm
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Elsabolts said:
    I'm gonna maybe hurt your feeling here but I think it needs to be said, folks could really care less about how you feel except it or move on down the road of life. Enjoy your day.

Makes me smile that this came from a Navy Chief. I was USAF, but had a few "run-ins" with Navy Chiefs when working on ops floors. Some of the grumpiest service members I've ever run into. I was dicking around throwing crumpled paper into the bin across the floor, and the Chief locked my ass up. Thought his head was going to explode. 
    Gdemami[Deleted User]MrMelGibson
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Sometimes you just need a break. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Torval said:
    Elsabolts said:
    I'm gonna maybe hurt your feeling here but I think it needs to be said, folks could really care less about how you feel except it or move on down the road of life. Enjoy your day.

Makes me smile that this came from a Navy Chief. I was USAF, but had a few "run-ins" with Navy Chiefs when working on ops floors. Some of the grumpiest service members I've ever run into. I was dicking around throwing crumpled paper into the bin across the floor, and the Chief locked my ass up. Thought his head was going to explode. 
    I was a 1st Class (MM1/SS) engine room supervisor on a submarine. We were a very grumpy lot.

I think it's basically a rule that once you hit E-6 you become a grumpy bastard. You can't deal with that many years of ridiculous bullshit and not become grumpy. 
    [Deleted User]KyleranMrMelGibson
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

[Deleted User]
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Torval said:
    Elsabolts said:

I was a 1st Class (MM1/SS) engine room supervisor on a submarine. We were a very grumpy lot.
    Were? ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Kyleran said:
    Torval said:
    Elsabolts said:

Were? ;)

I assume underwater!
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]MrMelGibson
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    Out of curiosity, to all you EVE lot, how do you feel about mid-sec PvP?

That's the one thing I found really strange about the game (having played it only for a few months). The most dangerous places were not the null-sec. The null-sec was actually relatively safe, with the owning corporations looking after their own system, imposing order of sorts.

It was the 0.6-0.3 systems that were the real pain. Either getting killed at the gate, or generally obliterated doing missions there.

Is that a good design in your opinion? As someone naive in the systems of EVE, I would have preferred if the danger curve was linear with system rating. It would make more intuitive sense if 0.4 was a little dangerous, with -0.2 being very dangerous.
    Phry
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Wow, who's gonna teach the young ones what an MMO is now?!
    Don't go @delete5230 ! Think of the children!
    waynejr2MrMelGibson

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Contrary to what colleges today teach students, people have every right to disagree with you, especially when you present your opinion as fact. I'm sorry if that sends you running off to a safe space... well okay, I'm not sorry. It's freaking hilarious. 

DMKano said:

Taking anything here to heart to the point of making "I quit posts" - please..... you're an adult.

NO. No he is not. 
    Azaron_NightbladeMrMelGibson

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    First I'll say this will be one of my last post.

Which one is going to be your last post...exactly?
    Azaron_NightbladeStoneRoses

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Damn guys, don't you get it?  He speaks facts.  Everyone else speaks opinions.
    Azaron_Nightblade[Deleted User]immodiumPhrywaynejr2SteelhelmMrMelGibson
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    DMKano said:
    please..... you're an adult.

Sure. On the outside. ;)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

edited July 2017
    This has to be the most derailed thread ever.
    I expect people starting to share their Pancakes secret recipe any time soon now.
    Let's see how long can we keep it going before it is locked.

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736

ingredients

• 4 eggs, beaten
    • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
      You may use canned, boxed, or fresh. The recipe works just-right with canned and yields a delicate pancake.
    • optional: 1-2 Tbsp of coconut flour
      To keep the consistency a bit thicker/firmer if you use boxed, or freshly cooked and strained pumpkin, you may need the coconut flour. If you use it, I recommend sifting it into the wet ingredients slowly to combine it well.
    • 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, melted
    • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    • optional: 1-2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
      (Omit for The 21-Day Sugar Detox)
    • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
      or

• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
    • pinch salt

preparation

• Whisk the eggs, canned pumpkin, pure vanilla extract, and pure maple syrup together. Sift the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and baking soda into the wet ingredients.
    • Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Then, mix the butter into the batter.
    • Grease the skillet and spoon the batter into the skillet to make pancakes of your desired size. When a few bubbles appear, flip the pancakes once to finish cooking.
    • Serve with grass-fed butter and cinnamon or sliced bananas.

change it up

• Instead of adding maple syrup to sweeten this recipe, try adding a mashed, whole ripe banana to the mixture. If you add a banana, the yield will increase.
    ste2000[Deleted User]PhrylaxieKyleranAzaron_NightbladeSteelhelm
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    ste2000 said:
    This has to be the most derailed thread ever.
    Well, technically, for a thread to be derailed, it needs to have a topic than can be debated first ;)
    Well, we could debate about whether or not the thread can actually be derailed. I'll go with 'perhaps.' That discussion is infinitely more interesting then the original topic I must admit.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]Distopia
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer