Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Reveals Owners & Cities for Pro League Teams - Overwatch - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageBlizzard Reveals Owners & Cities for Pro League Teams - Overwatch - MMORPG.com

Overwatch News - Blizzard has unveiled the names of the owners of the Overwatch League teams and the cities in which they will call home. Cities include Boston, New York, Los Angeles, Miami-Orlando, San Francisco, Shanghai and Seoul.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    I actually wonder how much longer E-sports will be propped up, two years ago I had three friends in the business, now they are either unemployed or no longer in the esport business and all of them talk about a large group of people that either knows business or gaming but never both and all the FUBAR results from that. I have heard "throwing money down a black hole" and "cashing in quick" so many times when discussing this. I think this is going to go the way of 3D televisions, soon.
    What's propping it up?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Geddon95405Geddon95405 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    70 million from these 7 teams. Bliz had a good sales person for this.

I guess we now wait to see how many sponsors sign up and how much they will pay to support these 7 teams.

Pretty crap deal to me, bliz is hardly taking any risk beyond what it was already doing. Hopefully these 7 contracts have escape clauses if bliz's game doesn't deliver viewers and sponsors.

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women...

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    edited July 2017
    I kinda feel the same way about esports as I feel about golf. Its fun to go play golf, with some friends, goof off, get some sun, enjoy the day. However, watching golf is about the fastest way for me to go nappy nappy.

Same applies for esports.

To each their own.