Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Gameplay Video - Headin' Out on a Bounty Hunt - Wild West Online - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282
    edited July 2017

jason523 said:

Just a word of precaution; Sergey Titov might be involved in some fashion. Much of the development so far reeks of his underhanded work. Before you throw your money at this game look him up and decide if you actually want him involved in any game you buy. Not saying he is definitely, but the chances are pretty high.

Ummm...not quite that clear cut:

Here is what 612 told Massively OP

"Yes, we are using the Nightshade game engine from Free Reign Entertainment. However, 612 Games is neither a subsidiary of Free Reign, nor financed by Free Reign or Sergey Titov. The team is focused on making a great game that will speak for itself, and now that we’ve addressed this topic we are going to return our focus to the game itself. Thank you for your continued support."

http://www.pcgamer.com/wild-west-online-in-game-footage-showcases-bounties-saloons-forested-base-camps/
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    bcbully said:
    Looks like ESO.

Looks like what ESOs Justice system should have looked like!

I'm in!
    ESO clone confirmed :)
    DistopiaKyleran[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    Red Dead Redemption is a great game and a wild west mmo will be lots of fun, will try for sure;)
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Nebless said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    I knew it as soon as icons showed up all over the place in the bar telling the user what is what and who is who.

From the beginning of the video, those are hidden unless you press a hotbutton key to see them.
    ah nice..i have sound off I should give it another spin

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

can I start a farm though?

I wanted to believe that the only Sergei Tirov connection here is the game engine. But after looking a bit more I see that their forum format is very similar to some of his previous games and even bundle sales use the very same half off gimmick that War-Z used. Are the Titov connections maybe a bit more than what we have been led to believe so far? This guy thinks so:

Octagon7711
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Iselin said:

I wanted to believe that the only Sergei Tirov connection here is the game engine. But after looking a bit more I see that their forum format is very similar to some of his previous games and even bundle sales use the very same half off gimmick that War-Z used. Are the Titov connections maybe a bit more than what we have been led to believe so far? This guy thinks so:

I was just looking at that video while finding out more about the game. Will approach with caution.

Is that all of the UI? How's the inventory system? Why so few NPCs doing so little? The parts they showed looked ok, but left a lot of questions.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

Iselin said:

I was just looking at that video while finding out more about the game. Will approach with caution.

Is that all of the UI? How's the inventory system? Why so few NPCs doing so little? The parts they showed looked ok, but left a lot of questions.
    You know this is a "first look" video right? I was surprised at how much detail it provided.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

Iselin said:

You know this is a "first look" video right? I was surprised at how much detail it provided.
    I wouldn't say anything if alpha was maybe a year away.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Kyleran said:

Iselin said:

True, they did originally promise some sort of launch by year's end  but I've  learned to just ignore dev promises about release dates.

Octagon7711

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

Iselin said:

True, they did originally promise some sort of launch by year's end  but I've  learned to just ignore dev promises about release dates.

Yeah? Well this was the War-Z first look from August 2012 and people were playing the alpha in October and it was fully launched in December. If this is War-Z with a western skins, as it appears to be, I expect their launch to be rather quick also.

This first look was also very detailed. 

KyleranOctagon7711

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Kotaku just published a new article today digging into some of the odd coincidences that tie Wild West Online to Titov well beyond the engine.

The two most interesting of those is that they use the same lawyer and PR firm.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/07/11/wtf-is-going-on-with-wild-west-online

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    I think it may be best to wait for release for this one.
    KyleranOctagon7711
  • jason523jason523 Member UncommonPosts: 96
    edited July 2017
    Shattered Skies had a quick launch as well. Practically skipped the beta phase. Just because the devs have said Sergey is not involved means nothing if they are in fact trying to hide the fact.

The connections are way too many for him to not be hiding in the shadows somewhere beyond just licensing the engine to 612 Games. This wouldn't be the first time they created a whole new company to make a "new" game. Just the fact they are in the habit of making new companies for each game release should send up red flags for anything connected to the Nightshade engine.
    Kyleran
    Well, if they're taking orders, tell them to slap that skin on a Vamp/Werewolf game next. :smile:

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I expected much less. One shot kills may be an issue though.
    Kyleran
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Kyleran said:
    Ozmodan said:
    Seems to me like someone had a massive brainfart and said let's make a Wild West MMO without having the slightest clue how to make a game fun.  Definitely a very niche product.

Might be fun for a short time, but it obviously has no depth.
    What's it missing, some elves and dragons maybe?
    PVP has never been able to sustain a game, unless you are looking at a MOBA which is short term combat.  Just never works in a MMO.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    The only actual gameplay was one player shooting another player. Its not like we hype an mmorpg based on someone changing gear, walking around in dead environment and riding a horse.

You need a very active imagination to be impressed by that footage.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    The only deal breakers for me would be if PVE and PVP are both going on in the same world without the ability to control desired participation and secondly my and many friends experiences with War-Z has me concerned about how this game will play out.
  • koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447
    They are missing the point on the whole Wild West theme.  The entire western expansion move was based off of building new settlements and getting all the resources.  It was an economic movement, not a shoot em up movement.

This game looks....uh, not very promising.

Torval said:
    It looks nice but it has some dealbreakers for me.

I have zero confidence in pvp being anything other than a complete gankfest. My expectation that this will resemble a poorly scripted dystopian short lived syfy channel experiment, or the walking dead with no zombies (almost the same thing :lol: ).

Fast travel is a mistake unless this is going to be a heavily narrative driven game. If it's supposed to be the western themed sandbox mmo it's billing itself as then fast travel should be off the table.

What I see is a game that has some really cool ideas with leadership that doesn't know what it wants the game to be. Or maybe the studio hasn't put it all together for us yet and is just revealing pieces at a time. I'll give them the benefit on that, but this gets no money from me especially given the developer ties it has.
    agreed and honestly for me any game that decides to show combat as a first feature is something I am no longer interested in. not that I object to combat, its fine, its just that its a game mechanic that is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past being over done. its time for us to move on to other ideas as well.

that said, the fictional genre itself I am glad to see coming around to gaming. But for said genre one of my first questions will be 'can I make a farm and a homestead'. I think Wild West and homesteading make a natural fit because of how expansion of settling the west came about people fighting and working hard to build a homestead