Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Bard's Tale 4 first look: Reinventing the dungeon crawler

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
edited July 2017 in PC Gaming
The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    I kickstarted this a few years back.  I think I paid $20 and got all 3 prior games included.  I also got a copy of Wasteland 2 but can't remember if it was through BardsTale4 or some other Kickstarter.

Looking good!
    bartoni33

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Looks nice

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited July 2017
    Thanks for sharing, Bards Tale 1 was the first RPG I played on my PC back in '88, 4 color CGA graphics even.

Also Kylearan's Tower was the inspiration for my forum name here. (Role playing his twin brother, but Mom liked him best) ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Treat zones like a dungeon =negative.

I want a free roaming game,i don't like forced linear pathing,not at all.
    I also don't want that static set of Orcs or goblins waiting for me to come by,i want to see mobs moving about and not forced encounters.
    I do like the sentries but aggro should be diversified and not just one type "straight vision".

I do like turn based however in turn based the characters look like paper dolls so not so well done.
    Tactical and thinking seems to be good,3 types of damage is also ok.
    Overall,i don't think it is good enough and i don't like any markers,example sort of telegraph  shapes or lines.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.