Community manager quits and is banned from their site...

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Boca Raton, FLMember EpicPosts: 7,558

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Comments

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCMember LegendaryPosts: 10,288
    Is that link supposed to tell us something? All I see is her profile page.
    SBFord
    You say you never compromise
    With the mystery tramp, but now you realize
    He's not selling any alibis
    As you stare into the vacuum of his eyes
    And say "Do you want to make a deal?"
  • ExcessionExcession NottinghamMember RarePosts: 709
    If you look at the profile, it says "Roles Guest, Blocked"

I guess that means they are banned.
    TheScavenger

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• VrikaVrika FinlandMember RarePosts: 4,268
    edited July 9
    Leaving her job confirmed on Twitter:

When hiring fast and expanding there are always some problems like this. No cause for concern as long as it's just one person leaving/being fired.
    Post edited by Vrika on
    Torval

• btdtbtdt Member UncommonPosts: 156
    A community manager leaving has zero impact on the game itself.
    SBFordForgrimm
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,421
    Yeah but I wonder what those differences are although I bet she is under a NDA?
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Tucson, AZMember UncommonPosts: 209
    Someone is no longer working for a company anymore! Quick put your hats on, something strange is going on!!
  • SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News Manager The CitadelMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 26,123
    *shrugs* Nothing to see here. She's a community manager, not a developer so the "creative differences" can't mean much. She said they parted amicably so.....OK, I guess. Not like people don't join and leave companies all the time for any one of a myriad of reasons. Big deal.
    TorvalNanfoodlecotanya42Forgrimm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• TheelyTheely Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Probably a disagreement on the severity of booby sliders as per her tweet in May.
  • JacobinJacobin Toronto, ONMember UncommonPosts: 966
    She probably didn't sign up enough family members.
    MrTugglesAsm0deusSlapshot1188Kumapon
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 1,686
    She went to Trion.
    But she got banned from the website too O.o?
    Renoaku said:
    Maybe it has to do with her now working at a rival game developer? Some companies don't allow their employees to view anything about the competition and there are very good legal reasons for doing so.
    blueturtle13
  • Hawkaya399Hawkaya399 Member UncommonPosts: 216
    edited July 15
    Theely said:
    Probably a disagreement on the severity of booby sliders as per her tweet in May.
    I can see that. Not worth leaving over unless other irreconcilable differences existed. If that's the only reason, I guess I'm not surprised.
    Post edited by Hawkaya399 on
  • WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaMember EpicPosts: 13,200
    Theely said:
    I was thinking the same thing.Seems harmless or meaningless but maybe to some it might feel like you are working with a bunch of immature people and even likely had a heated disagreement over it.

I could easily see it happening and if was me,i would say something as well,like grow up ,the game doesn't need boobie sliders to sell and if it does then the game is garbage.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Renoaku said:
    Maybe it has to do with her now working at a rival game developer? Some companies don't allow their employees to view anything about the competition and there are very good legal reasons for doing so.
    Yeah but they could always demote it to member status instead of life-time ban a person who might want to play it :3.
    Octagon7711
    Renoaku said:
    Renoaku said:
    Yeah but they could always demote it to member status instead of life-time ban a person who might want to play it :3.
    It may not be Intrepid that's requiring the restriction. 

Also, she can play it when it releases.