Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grimoire...........after 23 years of development...

2»

Comments

• DragonWarriorsDragonWarriors Member CommonPosts: 1
    this is what im waiting for haha
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Finding the game a lot of fun

But the steam forums for it are sure good entertainment. Literal trolls downvoting the game because of no manual lol. Guess they never saw the steam GUIDE section every game on steam has...

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    I shall check this out.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I noticed it went from Mixed to Very Positive after V2. . then I noticed the note at the end of the release info asking people to post reviews. . there are only 62 "recent" so that could be easy to get things to  Very Positive.

Did V2 really make the game that much better?  I think for the price I might check it out.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Necro post for a necro'd game, seems appropriate somehow :p
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited December 2018
    In a related story Toyota has decided to release the Toyota Crapola turbo X5-7 which has been in design for  30 years, Its rumored to feature a cassette deck, roll down windows & 100 Horse Power OF Noxious emissions .

ScotPhry
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    No but in all seriousness this actually looks kind of cool, I might check this game out
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    edited December 2018
    1980's gameplay and graphics for 2019 pricing..... no thx. yeah i know i have a post above but that was posted god knows when.
    Also if they are bringing games like that out then they damn well better reharsh the graphics literally
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    likewise Ultima 1-9 (and the pre game that launched that series (starts with an A but carnt remember name). Didnt get into Zork, Bards tale was ok (i prefered Ultima).
    Game thats hardly mentioned is Buck Rodgers that game was also fun (though tough when starting out) and the old DnD games series.

Wish they would bring games like that back or redo them to not lose what they had but to bring them upto date in todays world.
    Don't forget the other SSI games like the Phantasie series or Questron :)

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    edited December 2018
    Its an awesome game if you enjoy turn based, party based dungeon crawlers.

Need the manual though- badly...A discussion on Steam highlights this https://steamcommunity.com/app/650670/discussions/0/1744480967002484102/ as everything is guesswork and things dont work as most would assume.

I have about 50 hours in from around release and its great- But really needs a manual and as much as I enjoy it i'm not delving into a game this complex without one and find out ive been building my party wrong or gimp myself when I'm 300 hours in.

I would also say this has the potential to be better than 'Wizardry'- The dungeons and puzzles are really well designed, the story is well written, theres depth and layers upon layers of complexity...But...That...manual...Dammit...
    JeffSpicoliScorchien
  • newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    edited December 2018
    DMKano said:
    newbismx said:
    Its an awesome game if you enjoy turn based, party based dungeon crawlers.

Need the manual though- badly...A discussion on Steam highlights this https://steamcommunity.com/app/650670/discussions/0/1744480967002484102/ as everything is guesswork and things dont work as most would assume.

I have about 50 hours in from around release and its great- But really needs a manual and as much as I enjoy it i'm not delving into a game this complex without one and find out ive been building my party wrong or gimp myself when I'm 300 hours in.
    I honestly like not having a manual - because guesswork (while it can be frustrating) also deepens the mystery.

Yes, normally I would agree-

But at this juncture it looks like putting Intelligence or wisdom on a caster has no bearing- Things like that that are completely non-intuitive. Finding out you wasted points putting Intelligence on a mage does not make for good gaming in a potentially 600 hour long game.

edit- Thats a good reason for many of the negative reviews- ive also reviewed it negative because the manual really is a necessity or at least the dev answering specific questions about what does what) but its all been left a mystery..Even the guides that are up are all speculative.

I bought this on release day we have been promised the manual would be coming soon and then were given like 3 release months that came and went. Still waiting.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    edited January 2019
    23 years in development, number of years early access = None.

Old school, when they knew how to make games without cheating players.
    Post edited by Scot on
    newbismxPhry
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    sorry, but i don't see it, the only resemblance to beholder is the gfx.

it has a bloody map ingame, wtf.... took 23 years to develop, and we gave you a map! to completely screw the hole idea of exploring.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Tatsuya9411Tatsuya9411 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    If you consider buying the game, you should check out this:
    Not gonna buy anything from this piece of dirtbag of dev

Phry
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    If you consider buying the game, you should check out this:
    Not gonna buy anything from this piece of dirtbag of dev

Sid Alpha, i would take him at his word tbh, so with that i'll add that developer to my own personal blacklist, be interesting to see if Jim Sterling has done anything on this too as he tends to expose the dirty devs also, not that there is any lack of those.  :/
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    all parties involved are whiny twats .. .. get some lives ...
    edited January 2019
     Manual is now avavible online ... here...... took awhile but GJ Cleve

And on sale for 50% @ 9.99   ... thats a nice price for Girmoire

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Hmmm it said it would be on sale until the 29th, but on the 28th its back to full price...Will wait to gather more information and for it to go on sale again.