Fake extreme heat wave headlines.

CleffyCleffy San Diego, CAMember RarePosts: 5,638
I don't know what it is, but the weather channels around my area are reporting record breaking heat waves. Yet the temperature isn't getting past 90 F. The heat is actually pretty mild compared to most summers. Like they are warning to keep pets indoors during this heatwave. Today it was 82F.

Comments

• francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 208
    Location?
  • CleffyCleffy San Diego, CAMember RarePosts: 5,638
    San Diego
    francis_baud
  • AsheramAsheram Member UncommonPosts: 2,535
    I live in Escondido Ca and it was 100 degrees plus today.
    http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/escondido-ca/92025/july-weather/327158

• CleffyCleffy San Diego, CAMember RarePosts: 5,638
    100 is hardly out of the norm for Escondido, Temecula, and El Cajon this time of year.
  • GruntyGrunty TexasMember RarePosts: 8,131
    Such a heat wave! You might actually have to use a fan.  
    She was grimacing. "That does sound like what America's has been trying to do for the last century or two--get rich faster than the parasites could steal it."   The Free Lunch by Spider Robinson
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Houston, TXMember EpicPosts: 15,082
    edited July 10
    Cleffy said:
    I don't know what it is, but the weather channels around my area are reporting record breaking heat waves. Yet the temperature isn't getting past 90 F. The heat is actually pretty mild compared to most summers. Like they are warning to keep pets indoors during this heatwave. Today it was 82F.
    its recorded breaking for the date....face palm 

not the hottest day for that location for the season but for that specific day
    Post edited by SEANMCAD on

Do NOT respond to this reply if you think the contents of the reply is unwarranted in this discussion. 

On replying to the content of this reply you are participating in the discussion of its contents

Current Ignore List: postlarval, cameltosis, VengeSunsoar

• AsheramAsheram Member UncommonPosts: 2,535
    Cleffy said:
    100 is hardly out of the norm for Escondido, Temecula, and El Cajon this time of year.
    I have lived in Escondido since 2003 and for some reason this feels hotter or stuffier than usual at this time of year.

Asheram said:
    Cleffy said:
    I have lived in Escondido since 2003 and for some reason this feels hotter or stuffier than usual at this time of year.
    when weather reports say 'record breaking' unless they state explicitly otherwise its always in reference to that specific day, not the season or the year.

Do NOT respond to this reply if you think the contents of the reply is unwarranted in this discussion. 

On replying to the content of this reply you are participating in the discussion of its contents

• GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnMember RarePosts: 4,032
    Who cares what the fake news say? It's become more of an entertainment to me than anything else. Sure, there are respectable news channels(Bloomberg or Al Jazeera come to mind), but most have fallen down the hole of...well...fake news. ESPECIALLY Fox and CNN.
  • BarrikorBarrikor Phoenix, AZMember UncommonPosts: 332
    They'll do anything to get a headline.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are people who've died in real disasters because they are used to the news crying wolf so often.
    Barrikor said:
    They'll do anything to get a headline.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are people who've died in real disasters because they are used to the news crying wolf so often.
    no...the OP got it wrong.

when the weather man says 'record breaking' its in realation to that specific day, not the season. I assume people know this, then again I thought everyone knew ACA and 'Obmacare' is the same thing