Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alioth's Moon to Alioth Uncut Flight Pre-Alpha Video - Dual Universe Videos - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    CrazKanuk said:
    I'd like to know how open this is. Is this on rails? I know they showed a video before of them going into space to a mother ship or something. In this video, though, there are these orange rings that the ship doesn't deviate from until they've seemingly entered Earth's atmosphere. It's no less technically marvelous, but just wondering if that's the way they are handling planet-to-planet flight, possibly to reduce the overhead? Or is this something that will become more open as the game progresses? 
    As I understand it, the "orange rings" are just a navigational aid, showing the optimal course to your destination. The flight path is not dictated, it is merely a suggested "best course".

DU is a massively ambitious game, and if it had the normal indie skeleton crew of developers behind it, I'd just have smiled and walked away. But there seems to be a substantial studio building this game, so it's top of my most anticipated list...

Yeah, I'm sort of the same. I'm not a minecraft fan in the least, but I am actually kinda jazzed about this one based on what I've seen to date. I was just hoping it wasn't a big tube of some sort. Based on how he was looking around and seemingly had no control I was worried it was a plotted, pre-determined course which would have been disappointing. Not game-breaking, but disappointing. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

CrazKanuk said:

CrazKanuk said:

I'd like to know how open this is. Is this on rails? I know they showed a video before of them going into space to a mother ship or something. In this video, though, there are these orange rings that the ship doesn't deviate from until they've seemingly entered Earth's atmosphere. It's no less technically marvelous, but just wondering if that's the way they are handling planet-to-planet flight, possibly to reduce the overhead? Or is this something that will become more open as the game progresses? 

As I understand it, the "orange rings" are just a navigational aid, showing the optimal course to your destination. The flight path is not dictated, it is merely a suggested "best course".

DU is a massively ambitious game, and if it had the normal indie skeleton crew of developers behind it, I'd just have smiled and walked away. But there seems to be a substantial studio building this game, so it's top of my most anticipated list...

Yeah, I'm sort of the same. I'm not a minecraft fan in the least, but I am actually kinda jazzed about this one based on what I've seen to date. I was just hoping it wasn't a big tube of some sort. Based on how he was looking around and seemingly had no control I was worried it was a plotted, pre-determined course which would have been disappointing. Not game-breaking, but disappointing. 

nope you can compltly turn them off