Worst lag ever

d_20d_20 SeoulMember RarePosts: 1,624
The forums are ablaze now with people from all over the world complaining about lag and disconnects. Probably ZOS on holiday. It's literally unplayable for me. Probably 70% of people in different guild chats were also affected. Some people said they were fine. 

I wonder ZOS is under ddos attack. Anyone else here having problems? Any word from ZOS yet?

Torval

Comments

• d_20d_20 SeoulMember RarePosts: 1,624
    PC NA. Not sure about the other servers.

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCMember LegendaryPosts: 10,258
    It has been almost totally unplayable for 2 or 3 days: frequent disconnects, recurring lag spikes of 999+ all day long even in solo instances. I have never seen it this bad in 3 years.
    d_20KyleranTorvalNyctelios
    You say you never compromise
    With the mystery tramp, but now you realize
    He's not selling any alibis
    As you stare into the vacuum of his eyes
    And say "Do you want to make a deal?"
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,402
    Weird was fine when I was playing it maybe they are under a DDOS or something.
    Renoaku said:
    Some people in guild chat said they were fine too. I envy you.

d_20 said:
    Renoaku said:
    I thought it might be a problem somewhere along the route but people having issues seem to be anywhere in NA. I'm in the NW and my connection has typically been ~ 90 for all 3+ years I've played it... not the past 3 days. It fluctuates badly and constantly between that 90 and 999+
    d_20
  • SweetToeSweetToe Member CommonPosts: 3
    EU smooth as f***
    RexKushman
    SweetToe said:
    EU smooth as f***
    According to what people are saying on the forums, not for everyone.

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 1,686
    Iselin said:
    d_20 said:
    Renoaku said:
    I thought it might be a problem somewhere along the route but people having issues seem to be anywhere in NA. I'm in the NW and my connection has typically been ~ 90 for all 3+ years I've played it... not the past 3 days. It fluctuates badly and constantly between that 90 and 999+
    Im in the NW as well. Zero issues.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,332
    Lag has always been an issue in AVA,among other technical glitches. I saw a video about Cyrodiil yesterday but the video maker refused to make it in Cyrodiil.Too much lag.
  • BakgrindBakgrind Austin, TXMember UncommonPosts: 314
    I connect from Texas and having  played on and off on both servers for over a year I have found the the EU server is the smoothest and that's the one reason I choose to have as my main server.
    It was smooth yesterday for me when there weren't many people on (I'm in GMT +9) but started getting laggy again when the it was morning on the US and the server started getting crowded again. People in guild chat started noticing it as well. We have people all over the world. It seems like huge crowds playing this holiday.

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,995
    I couldn't really play last night. I finished a quest and did an intermediary step in another and then logged. It would be fine and then horrible. I hope it gets sorted soon I haven't played since SWL had early release and I miss my warden.
    blueturtle13
    The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Avatar Artist: Howard Blake, Peter Auty (vocalist)
    Album: The Snowman
    Featured Tracks: Walking in the Air
  • ste2000ste2000 londonMember EpicPosts: 6,194
    Did Zenimax officially acknowledge the problem?
    If even @Torval is complaining, it must be serious shit.

Torval

• FilterheadzFilterheadz KarmaLoopMember UncommonPosts: 215
    Do a /reloadui from time to time .. it helps.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,995
    ste2000 said:

lol :lol:  Believe it or not there are things about every game that bug me or I don't like. I just try to overlook that and find the fun or I move on to something else for the moment.

But yeah, the lag hit me bad and I couldn't play. I live in a rural area. I just got gigabit fiber and have been used to latency, days long downloads, and crap internet since we've lived here. At least now 99% of the time it's them not me.
    The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Avatar Artist: Howard Blake, Peter Auty (vocalist)
    Album: The Snowman
    Featured Tracks: Walking in the Air
    ste2000 said:

No there's no official acknowledgement. It's a 4-day weekend for most people in the US. The devs are all busy at their BBQs or blowing themselves up with fireworks.

There have literally been hundreds of threads in the ESO forums and reddit about it.

Someone is trying to consolidate it in this one thread which is probably the one where a hungover dev might respond sometime tomorrow:  https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/357291/unplayable-lag-master-thread-please-share-your-details#latest
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Chicago, ILMember EpicPosts: 6,183
    I've been on for a little over an hour and so far no problems.  NA server.  So maybe localized to a certain area, perhaps.

"Change is the only constant."