Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any upcoming Mobile mmorpg not pay 2 win?

DookzDookz Member UncommonPosts: 562
edited July 2017 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
My first pay 2 win mmorpg. Third week of playing Lineage 2 revolution and grew tired of it. I ended paying 1 year worth of a typical subscription in their cash shop just to keep up and I know there are others who have already spend thousands since its release 3 weeks ago. 

Basically looking for any B2P/monthly/ or F2p that don't have pay to win schemes for mobile.  Any new upcoming mobile mmorpg to watch out for? I've only played a few pc mmorpg: GW1/2, Star Wars Galaxies and Ultima Online. 

Playing now: Cities: Skyline / Ori and the Blind Forest / Banished

Comments

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    It may or may not be what you are looking for (it dates back to 2003 at least and it's not quite your typical MMORPG) but Vendetta Online isn't pay to win. 

It's upcoming on iPhone, so there is that. 
    MrMelGibson

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    edited July 2017
    https://crusadersoflight.com/  
    Worth to check it out.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    games on the mobile platform tend to be heavily cash shop orientated, you get games such as mobile strike, fire age, and a bunch of others i can't remember the name of, they are all about the money, and the amounts involved are not small by any means, paying out over $100 a week just to try and compete is probably a conservative estimate. :/
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    Phry said:
    games on the mobile platform tend to be heavily cash shop orientated, you get games such as mobile strike, fire age, and a bunch of others i can't remember the name of, they are all about the money, and the amounts involved are not small by any means, paying out over $100 a week just to try and compete is probably a conservative estimate. :/
    That's really less than 2% of the playerbase that pay that. The issue I have with mobile games is the time thing. They're all like "Wait 14 hours for X to build of pay CashShopCoins to speed it up!"

That makes the cash shop infinitely more intrusive IMO as you can't just sit there and play the game unless you spend cash on it. I want something that I can sit there and play for 10-30 minutes steady while I wait for an appointment, use the facilities, whatever.

So far Magic Duels and Minecraft PE are the only ones I've found that don't have that time element. Pocket Starships is a bit less dependent on the time thing than other phone games tend to be and is a pretty decent game aside from the fact that it's shallow and gets boring fast. I've also been playing Last Days on Earth: Survival lately and found it to be pretty fun but that's mainly because I'm holding out hope there will be some kind of interesting social aspect with guild competition over oil drills later in the game.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Eldurian said:
    Phry said:
    That's really less than 2% of the playerbase that pay that. The issue I have with mobile games is the time thing. They're all like "Wait 14 hours for X to build of pay CashShopCoins to speed it up!"

That makes the cash shop infinitely more intrusive IMO as you can't just sit there and play the game unless you spend cash on it. I want something that I can sit there and play for 10-30 minutes steady while I wait for an appointment, use the facilities, whatever.

So far Magic Duels and Minecraft PE are the only ones I've found that don't have that time element. Pocket Starships is a bit less dependent on the time thing than other phone games tend to be and is a pretty decent game aside from the fact that it's shallow and gets boring fast. I've also been playing Last Days on Earth: Survival lately and found it to be pretty fun but that's mainly because I'm holding out hope there will be some kind of interesting social aspect with guild competition over oil drills later in the game.
    Interesting.  I've found very few mobile games are like this.  Setting aside virtual reality for a moment (which is a very different can of worms) other than Minecraft PE (which is even better in VR on my phone, by the way) I also have installed:

Desert Golfing:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/09/sublime-simplicity-the-transcendent-beauty-of-desert-golfing/

Vendetta Online:

Prune:

Tengami:

_PRISM:

This War of Mine:

Banner Saga:

...and Angry Birds.

None of these have the mechanics of which you speak.  Angry Birds has some items that can be purchased in order to give you an edge, but these are in no way required.  Vendetta Online has a dual currency system where one type can either be earned through gameplay or purchased directly (but not traded), and this can be sidestepped entirely by paying for a subscription (which runs as little as $6.67 monthly in bulk).
    MrMelGibson

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Albion Online
    Phaserlight

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    DMKano said:
    Vardahoth said:
    Welcome to the way gaming is now done, whoever has the biggest wallet wins.

How are PvE games P2W?

I never understood this. 

Like the first person to beats some end game boss is a winner? How would you know who that is and why would it matter to anyone else?
    The only way is if it affects the game economy.

Since most games have no economy to speak of, PvE or otherwise, it's usually not an issue.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited July 2017
    There is not one mobile worth spending any money on.

I have said it a few times now that FFXI by Nexon in collboration with With Square Enix will be the first and miles the best mobile game on the planet.It will be the game to set the bar and probably force other devs to step up.

The dilemma is how Nexon a very heavy cash shop oriented publisher will handle the game.I just cannot see any p2w possibilities,the game is not designed that way,so it might carry some kind of cost/time i really don't know.

Point is i would not waste any time on mobile games,they are very cheap and often addictive to get you spending money.Go find a free to play game and avoid spending money until this FFXI game comes out which should be in about a year or maybe less.I say maybe less because look around at the trends,most every game is being released for monetary gains before it is even half a game.So i can see some portion of the game released before entirely finished,maybe even the lame early access moniker.

@poster above

sigh,i really had hoped after all these years people would know by now how even PVE games are affected by cash shops or special perks for buying in early.Instead of a long post i should type in two words,i hope that is enough to explain it.....Bosses...economy.
    Phaserlight

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Lots of people also throw around the P2W title so much I just ignore them anymore.

For example, I play a game called Bit Heroes.  They added GvG and some other features.  People cry and gnash teeth about P2W.  There is no ingame trading.  You can get gems (regularly) just by playing.  Money buys gems which can be used for all sorts of timer improving things.

But then people cry because they don't get legendaries and they see all these people with full legendaries.  But they ignore the fact that I have, in fact, been playing for MONTHs and they have not.  Thinking that you can be on par with me implies there's some parity and that ISN'T P2W.   
    Phaserlight