So I tried SWL but...

124»

Comments

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,128
    They should warn players from the original game that you are pretty much playing the game through a second time with better animations and lower solo difficulty.  There is no reason for someone who played the original to play this version.  
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Chicago, ILMember EpicPosts: 6,264
    Played both games since they game out and got a lot further in SWL than in TSW.  Playing through some of the higher level zones would have made me stop playing if I had gotten that far in TSW.  Especially the way they were nerfing skills.
    TorvalAsm0deus

"Change is the only constant."

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member UncommonPosts: 280
    The game is easier. Part of that is due to the game play being smoother and more dynamic, at least for myself and my girl.

The Wheel did offer much more nuance in character building. It was also daunting to newcomers and potentially off-putting, as it was for my girl.

We have definitely got more value out of lifetime subscriptions in SWL than we ever did with TSW, but I know many still prefer the original.

However, for those wishing to play new Secret World content in the future SWL is going to be the only game in town, making comparison in that context rather moot.
    Asm0deus
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member UncommonPosts: 348
    edited October 17
    Sounds like they CU'd it. SOE-style.
    Post edited by SirAgravaine on